Undertale (plz click this topic <3)

sans boss fight was a long gruel, but it was very well done in that I could never get mad at it at any point, even when perch got me dunked on against my better judgement

I beat de game all ways

yeah sans' fight is really hard but also enjoyable
unlike undyne which is so fucking infuriating

with undyne they're trying to stray you away

at sans, there's no way to turn back so they just want you to have a fun fight

Yea undyne was not fun, it seemed random and I couldn't get past it without knowing the patterns.

Sans fight though, I died countless times, it's just so long, and you have to restart all of it, I freaking died just after he 'spared' me, goddangit. The menu attacks though, they always catch me off-guard.

I enjoyed the Undyne fight a lot once I stopped fucking around and started learning from my mistakes. It really kicked my ass into gear because nothing in Neutral, Pacifist and anything up to that point in Genocide was this difficult.

Once you saw the pattern of the arrows once and figured out a consistent way to avoid the spears it wasn't incredibly hard but being able to reach far enough to memorise them was. On my third try I used up all my healing items just to see as many of the arrow combinations I could and memorise them for the next time so I wouldn't have to heal when I got to them even if I had low health, spend more time attacking to end the fight quicker. It took me about 6-8 tries anyway since avoiding the rotating spear attack was difficult to do consistently. It was a good way of telling me 'hey, Genocide won't be such a cake walk bitch'. it then proceeded to still be a cake walk up until Sans lol

The real difficulty with Sans was that his fight was lengthy and each new section of the fight threw something new or slightly different at you that you had to either learn immediately or die and react to it better next time. He follows a set pattern so you would almost always make progress, which is why it's so enjoyable, even when you die you feel like you've improved. I wasn't surprised to see people say that on replays of Genocide they had more trouble with Undyne than Sans.

Undyne feels a lot harder than Sans because progress is harder to make in her fight, you're right

I felt the same way

That being said, I was pretty glad she actually had an upgraded fight,
instead of Mettaton, who was kind of a disappointment considering it seemed like he would have an upgraded fight too

I kinda hate how the genocide route skips most fights, I know I'm supposed to be considered overpowered, but I wanted to do the genocide route because I enjoy the fighting. Mettaton was disappointing, The spider thingy also was, and so on

Well genocide is supposed to be not-fun-at-all, so it makes sense that you couldn't legitimately fight any bosses except the extremely annoying ones.

(Fun Fact, Undyne is the only major boss who can take more than one hit in Genocide.)

Shaggy said:
I kinda hate how the genocide route skips most fights, I know I'm supposed to be considered overpowered, but I wanted to do the genocide route because I enjoy the fighting. Mettaton was disappointing, The spider thingy also was, and so on
The genocide route is basically the game's way of saying, "You want to kill everyone? For shame!" And then it just shouts "shame" repeatedly throughout the run.

So. I was talking with my buddy about undertale not too long ago.

obviously I'll spoiler this but tell me you thoughts guys... SPOILERS IT CONTAINS GENOCIDE SPOILERS (and maybe tru ending spoilers but it's a namedrop.).

[19:01] <Dusk> I just realized
[19:01] <Dusk> where metatton's name comes from
[19:01] <DerTheVaporeon> I wish I knew XD
[19:03] <Dusk> Metatron (Hebrew מטטרון) or Mattatron[1] is an archangel in Judaism, known as the Recording Angel or the Chancellor of Heaven (which makes Adramelech his infernal counterpart).[2][3][4] The name Metatron is not mentioned in the Hebrew bible, nor is it mentioned in the early Enoch literature. How the name originated is a matter of debate. Although Metatron is mentioned in a few brief passages in the Talmud, he appears primarily in mystical Kabbalistic texts within the Rabbinic literature. In that tradition,
[19:03] <Dusk> , he is the highest of the angels and serves as the celestial scribe or "recording angel".[
[19:04] <Dusk> did you read that?
[19:05] <DerTheVaporeon> Yes.
[19:05] <Dusk> the coincidences don't stop there
[19:05] <Dusk> http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/undertale/images/e/ef/Mettaton_NEO.gif/revision/latest?cb=20151128235354&path-prefix=es
[19:05] <Dusk> if you've paid careful attention
[19:05] <Dusk> his neo form resembles an angel
[19:05] <DerTheVaporeon> Explains why in a Pacifist Route, he says "he knows you are strong enough to face Asgore"
[19:05] <DerTheVaporeon> Oh, and that.
[19:06] <Dusk> toby does his DAMN research
[19:06] <DerTheVaporeon> Too bad that you kill him in one hit, since you're Satan. You, and Flowey.
[19:06] <DerTheVaporeon> He did his job well.
[19:06] <DerTheVaporeon> Sans is a Seraph, and Asgore is... God? Gabriel? Who?
[19:07] <Dusk> then who is asriel?
[19:07] <Dusk> jesus?
[19:07] <Dusk> actually wait
[19:07] <Dusk> asriel sorta came back from the dead briefly (flowey doesn't count)
[19:07] <Dusk> so maybe he be jesus
[19:07] <DerTheVaporeon> Yes. So much yes.
[19:07] <DerTheVaporeon> Toriel is Saint Mariah
[19:08] <DerTheVaporeon> Asgore is Joshua
[19:08] <Dusk> Who's undyne?
[19:09] <DerTheVaporeon> Undyne might be , uhh... probably Michael, since Archangel Michael was the closest to god than Gabriel. I think.
[19:09] <Dusk> hmmm
[19:09] <Dusk> plus she's one of the two genocide bosses prone to kick your ass
[19:10] <DerTheVaporeon> Yes.
[19:10] <Dusk> but she is more unpredictable than sans
[19:10] <Dusk> so there's that
[19:10] <Dusk> oh and she doesn't die in one hit... the second go anyway as undying
[19:10] <DerTheVaporeon> Papyrus... what the fuck is Papyrus?
[19:11] <DerTheVaporeon> Alphys is Judas because she's a trashy liar, at first, anyways.
[19:12] <Dusk> Chara's totes satan
[19:13] <DerTheVaporeon> Papyrus is... uhh... a Cool Dude?
[19:14] <DerTheVaporeon> Muffet, Glyde and So Sorry are possibly sinners of past lives. Especially So Sorry. =-=

So help us guys.

What is papyrus?

Did you save the ButtsPie? Be sure to, it'll heal you all the way. Also, did you get all of the snowmen pieces? Maybe you used them all on Undyne, but leftovers are nice. Be sure to fill the rest of your inventory with steaks and leg. heroes from Burgerpants!

Don't worry about getting the hits right, just mash the Z button. Waiting to get the cursor over the middle will only cost more time, and if your HP is pink it definitely won't help. Also, be sure to use the real knife, the empty gun costs more time as well.

When Sans 'spares' you, heal yourself all the way. This is because when you two are fighting, and you heal during the fight, he won't say anything and the battle won't progress. This is a nice interlude to heal yourself and prepare for the second half of the battle.

Just keep trying and you'll get the moves down right. It took me a month to beat him, so be patient. The attacks will only get harder.

i am so sorry for bumping threads...

Anyway I recently bought this game and I've already finished it three times. It's honestly one of the best games ever made, and the music is amazing!

Just started this game with my family. Don't spoil anything (you guys probably beat it multiple times by now), but this is going to be an interesting game.

Back