Stories About Squids and Such

Nysic

Power Star
I'm doing a silly Splatoon-centered series thing for fun.
There won't be a story arc, just silly short stories kinda like what I did with Nysic's Mail Tales.

Also there won't really be scheduled updates or whatever, I'll just do them when I have time and I feel like it.

Episode 1: Pink
Episode 2: Green

YOU'RE A KID NOW

splatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatatoon

"Blue... I love you." He said as I gazed deep into his eyes.
"I love you too." I said softly. Slowly, he brought his face closer to mine. I did the same, and--

"SPLATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA"

The sound was so loud and sudden that I screamed, nearly inking myself. Slamming my fist into the alarm clock, half-hoping it would break (it didn't), I lied still for a moment, gathering my senses.

"Blue, are you okay!?" I heard. I turned my head to the right and saw Green standing in the doorway, wide-eyed. Green wasn't her real name, of course, and my name isn't Blue either, but we started calling each other that a while back and it stuck.

Green was an interesting inkling, and is basically the polar opposite of me. She's very small, and she wears dresses almost all the time, even around the house, and her most defining feature is that she has her long hair tied up in a cute and neat ponytail. You would think that she was younger than me, but in fact she's three years older.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a.... nightmare." I replied groggily, getting up out of bed. I headed into the hallway, walking alongside Green towards the kitchen.

"Thank the lord, I thought you had been murdered!" Said Green, clearly shaken. She gets like that. Back when I first moved in with her, she watched my every move, making sure that nothing happened to me. It was kinda creepy, but it was nice to finally have someone that actually cared about me. Recently, she had started giving me a lot more room to breathe, but after this that will probably change.

"I wish you wouldn't worry about me so much" I said. We both emerged into the kitchen. I grabbed a box of Oct-O's out of the top cabinet, pouring it straight into my mouth.

"Oh, that's a very... strange way of doing things." Said Green quietly.

"It's not strange, it's efficient." I replied with a smirk. She sat down sheepishly. "Oh come on, lighten up. Let's go see what the stage rotation is today." I said.

"But-"
Before she could object, I ran back down the hall into my room, quickly throwing on a t-shirt and baseball cap. Running back down the hallway, I grabbed Green's arm and started dragging her towards the door.

"If you say so, Blue..." She sighed.

"These stages are trash!" I exclaimed.

"I-I like Blackbelly Skatepark..." Said Green at a volume barely above a whisper. I turned to stare at her, and she of course looked away. She's weird, but I still love her.

"Whatever. Let's jump into it." I said, grabbing her arm once again.

"Blue, I'd rather not. I've never been much of a battler." Green said. She's right. She's only level 7, and thus hasn't ever even been in any ranked battles.

"Ugh, fine." I sighed. "I'll go by myself. I'll see you later."

She walked away towards our apartment, waving, while I sprinted into the tower.

I looked through my collection of weapons. What do I want to use today? I thought to myself. My eyes gravitated towards my Tentatek Splattershot. Can't go wrong with that, I suppose. I grabbed it and headed into one of the open lobbies.

The one I walked into happened to already have 7 other inklings in it, so I barely even got a look at the competition before we were whisked away into Blackbelly Skatepark. My team was comprised of a charger, two rollers, and of course, me. Pretty balanced team, If I do say so myself. This should go smoothly. I thought.

Just like that, the round started. I headed right, inking my way to the high ground. From there I managed to splat a few inklings, and continued into the enemy's left flank.

It appeared that no one was there, until I heard a distinct splashing sound. I jerked my body around to look behind me, and saw a pink squid flopping around in our ink.

I pointed my Splattershot at it, and just as I was about to pull the trigger, he emerged as an inkling again. He was black, tall, and wore glasses along with a white button-up shirt.

"STOP! WAIT! TRUCE!" He yelled, flailing his arms. I lowered my gun, giving him a weird look.

"PLEASE! I'M BEGGING YOU!" He continued yelling.

"Shut up and stop screaming before one of my teammates comes and does my job for me!" I said aggressively. He quickly put his hands over his mouth.

"Sorry." He said.

I sighed. "It's fine. You're lucky I didn't splat you. What are you doing here if you're not going to fight?"

He blushed, scratching the back of his head. "I don't know, I just wanted to... mess around, you know?"

"A turf war is not the place to be messing around!" I screamed at him.

"Look, I'm sorry! I won't do it again, I promise!" He said loudly, cowering.

I sighed again. "It doesn't matter. What's your name, anyways?" I asked.

He perked up again. "I'm-"

SPLAT!

Before he could respond, he suddenly exploded into a mess of blue ink, startling me. I turned to my left and saw the culprit; the inkling using the charger. I smiled awkwardly and waved at her. She waved back.

After the battle, I looked around for the pink inkling. He was really strange, but I tend to get along with strange people. Probably because I'm quite strange myself.

I was scanning the crowd in Inkopolis Plaza when I heard a "Hey!" From behind me. I jumped and snapped around, involuntarily slapping him in the process.

"OW!" He exclaimed, holding his hand against his face. "What was that for?"

"I'm sorry, you startled me! Don't do that again!" I said, blushing.

He seemed shaken, but continued. "Anyway, I just wanted to tell you my name. Since, y'know, I didn't really get to earlier. It's-"

I interrupted him, once again. "Stop. I don't need to know your name. I'll just call you Pink."

"Uh, okay, if you want." He said nervously. "So what's your name?"

"Call me Blue." I said. "Nice to meet you, Pink."

"Is this some sort of secret agency? Why are we calling each other these names?" He questioned.

I shrugged. "It was a thing that me and my roommate started a few years back, and now I refer to everyone I meet like that."

"If you say so, Blue..." He sighed.

I have a feeling that this is going to be a good friendship.

Question: Can I put this on Userpedia even though there aren't users in it?

Also I'm working on Episode 2.

"Hey Blue, did you know that we evolved from kids, and not squids?" Pink asked, while we were walking to the plaza.

"Please, that's impossible. We obviously evolved from squids." I replied confidently.

"No, it's true, I swear! I read it on the news, a bunch of scientists found ancient records of them! They used some sort of communication system called 'Miiverse'. We translated some of the text, but most of it used some sort of.. advanced communication that we can't understand." He said, making all kinds of crazy motions with his hands. It was clear he was really into this kind of stuff.

"Whatever, I don't believe it." I said, rolling my eyes.

He smirked. "Well, if you don't want to believe the truth, then you can-"

"BLUUUUUE! PIIIIIINK!"

Wow, Pink sure does get interrupted a lot.

We both turned around to see Green barreling towards us holding some papers. I instinctively dived out of the way, landing flat on the pavement. Unfortunately, all that earned me was unnecessary pain, because she stopped in her tracks before she even got close to hitting us.

"Green, are you okay? What happened?" Pink asked.

"...Blue! ...Pink! ...I got ...tickets!" She gasped in between breaths.

I got up and brushed myself off. "Tickets for what?" I questioned.

Green immediately lost all signs of fatigue. "The Squid Sisters concert, silly! I got the three of us tickets! I'm so excited!" She said excitedly.

"Oh cool, that'll be fun..." I said flatly.

"WHAT? REALLY?" Pink squealed.

I stared at Pink, grinning. "You're into that stuff?"

He blushed. "Well, yeah..." He said awkwardly.

I laughed evilly. "You're never going to hear the end of this."

He threw his hands up into the air. "Oh, come on, Blue! The Squid Sisters are amazing! How could you not love them?!" Suddenly he looked disappointed. "I just wish Marie's hair didn't look like a bird's nest."

Green's excited look vanished instantly. She stared directly into Pink's eyes, looking like she was going to burn them out of his head. What the fuck did you just say about Marie?" She asked, twitching.

Pink looked stunned. After a moment, he opened his mouth. "I--"

"Don't you ever, EVER talk shit about my waifu." She interrupted. "Remember that, you scrawny little--"

Finally, Pink spoke up. "I get it! I won't do it again!" He exclaimed, clearly terrified.

Her smile came back. "Good! See you guys tonight!" She said cheerfully, walking away.

Pink stood as still as a statue. As soon as Green was out of earshot, he turned to me, looking panicked. "What on earth was THAT?" He asked frantically.

I shrugged. "She did that to me too, when I told her that I thought Callie was the better sister. She basically worships Marie." I said nonchalantly.

"I'm just going to pretend that never happened." Pink said, still shaking.

"This seems like a really arbitrary place to have a concert." Said Pink.

"What are you talking about? Port Mackerel is the freshest place to hold concerts! Didn't you know that?" I said sarcastically.

"What? Really?" He said, seemingly taking me seriously. I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Quiet, you two, it's starting!" Said Green as she sat down next to me.

The lights dimmed, and a hush fell over the audience. After a moment, something came out of the speakers.

ȝעȝՐՎՅԾԺՎ ԳȝԵ Մρ ɿԵ'Տ Եɿʍȝ ԵԾ ՏʅԹʍ ՌԾա
աȝ ԳԾԵ Թ ՐȝԹʅ ʝԹʍ ԳԾɿՌԳ ԺԾաՌ
աȝʅՇԾʍȝ ԵԾ Եɧȝ ՏρԹՇȝ ʝԹʍ
ɿԵ'Տ ՎԾՄՐ ՇɧԹՌՇȝ ԺԾ ՎԾՄՐ ԺԹՌՇȝ ԹԵ Եɧȝ ՏρԹՇȝ ʝԹʍ
ԹʅՐɿԳɧԵ

Suddenly, all of the lights came on, revealing the Squid Sisters. The crowd went insane, and they began singing.

ՇԾʍȝ ԾՌ ԹՌԺ ՏʅԹʍ ԹՌԺ աȝʅՇԾʍȝ ԵԾ Եɧȝ ʝԹʍ
ՇԾʍȝ ԾՌ ԹՌԺ ՏʅԹʍ ɿԲ ՎԾՄ աԹՌՌԹ ʝԹʍ

I turned to Green. "Can you understand what they're even saying?" I whispered in her ear.

"Nobody can. That's the magic of it!" She replied, beaming. I rolled my eyes.

"That was really fun! Thanks for the tickets, Green!" Pink said, smiling.

Green returned the smile. "No problem! I'm glad to have someone that likes them as much as me!" She replied.

We were the last ones there. Pink and Green stayed about an hour after the concert ended talking about which songs they liked, the rumors going around about Callie dyeing her hair, and a bunch of other crap that I wasn't interested in.

Just as we were about to get up and leave, I spotted Marie walking out onto the stage, drinking a bottle of water.

I turned to Green, about to say something witty. However, she had already seen her, and was waving her arms frantically to try to get her attention.

Marie turned towards us, looking surprised to see inklings still there. She waved back awkwardly, and blew her a kiss.

"Wow Green, I guess your waifu loves you as much as you love her!" I said, quiet enough so Marie couldn't hear.

Unfortunately, Green didn't hear me, because she had already lost consciousness at that point.

good stuff

Lucas said:
ȝעȝՐՎՅԾԺՎ ԳȝԵ Մρ ɿԵ'Տ Եɿʍȝ ԵԾ ՏʅԹʍ ՌԾա
աȝ ԳԾԵ Թ ՐȝԹʅ ʝԹʍ ԳԾɿՌԳ ԺԾաՌ
աȝʅՇԾʍȝ ԵԾ Եɧȝ ՏρԹՇȝ ʝԹʍ
ɿԵ'Տ ՎԾՄՐ ՇɧԹՌՇȝ ԺԾ ՎԾՄՐ ԺԹՌՇȝ ԹԵ Եɧȝ ՏρԹՇȝ ʝԹʍ
ԹʅՐɿԳɧԵ

ՇԾʍȝ ԾՌ ԹՌԺ ՏʅԹʍ ԹՌԺ աȝʅՇԾʍȝ ԵԾ Եɧȝ ʝԹʍ
ՇԾʍȝ ԾՌ ԹՌԺ ՏʅԹʍ ɿԲ ՎԾՄ աԹՌՌԹ ʝԹʍ
:barkley:

Back