Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure

GBA

do you ever yearn for the soft touch of a pancake
Forum Moderator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Pronouns
He/him

A new Dr. Mario compilation was announced in the Japanese Nintendo Direct, and released immediately after. It includes Dr. Mario, Dr. Luigi, Germ Buster, plus (i believe) a new mode where some pills have special effects (like clearing all viruses of one colour, clearing an entire column of viruses, etc.) There's local and online 1v1 as well.

It actually looks really fun.

no english announcement yet so I expect it to probably be released during E3. thoughts?

e: english name confirmed via miiverse community, incoming release?

Re: Dr. Mario for eShop announced - (Dr. MARIO ギャクテン! 特効薬)

I really like puzzle games, so this is right up my alley. I haven't played Dr. Luigi, but I imagine it must be quite fun. I would consider this game if I got a 3DS (or its successor if it's backwards compatible).

Interested to see if the competitive game holds up well as a competitive puzzler, similar to Puzzle League, Puyo Puyo and even Tetris.

Thanks for reading.

Re: Dr. Mario for eShop announced - (Dr. MARIO ギャクテン! 特効薬)

Lyn said:
If it came to the 3DS, I'd be listening. Currently it looks nice and all, but I kinda sorta don't have a Wii U so I don't see myself getting this any time soon.
They heard me. :luigi:

Definitely getting this when it localizes, I've wanted this for ages.

english name confirmed via miiverse

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073678793929/14866558073678793943

Lumastar said:
Miracle Cure? Like the item in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story?

if ftg was still here he would start speculating on rpg characters in the game now

i somehow miss him

Eri Ayase said:
if ftg was still here he would start speculating on rpg characters in the game now

i somehow miss him

Yeah lol. And then I'd say, "Miracle Cure" is a pretty common-place phrase.

I don't miss him, I wish he'd stop posting in GameFAQs.

As for the game itself, I'm not too interested in Dr. Mario games. Puzzle games aren't really my type.

Dr._Mario_Miracle_Cure.png

the in-game render looks off, like mario should be popping up on the side of your computer asking if you need assistance.

Baby Luigi said:
I don't miss him, I wish he'd stop posting in GameFAQs.

well i have one post on the gamefaqs forums and that place is no place for me so i dont even check

Yuki Nagato said:
Dr._Mario_Miracle_Cure.png

the in-game render looks off, like mario should be popping up on the side of your computer asking if you need assistance.
Well, screenshots of renders tend to look very pixelated... if that's what you mean.

Eri Ayase said:
Lumastar said:
Miracle Cure? Like the item in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story?

i somehow miss him
Wah wah wah where's mah RPG representation wah wah wahmbulance.

Downloading it right now, looking forward to trying the game later.

It's absurdly small in blocks (it was like 500 wow), I must say.

thats out now?

Yeah, on a Thursday. Not my idea, but no complaints.

I'm enjoying it so far (there's sixty stages at first glance, ten are "tutorial" stages though they don't hold your hand), but I'm pretty terrible at these kinds of puzzle games so I actually struggled a bit on the first non-tutorial Dr. Luigi stage, it's so disgraceful.

I kinda wish they'd make another Dr Mario like Dr Mario 64.

I have it on the n64. It's one of the best puzzle games that I've ever played.

Did anyone else pick this up?

It's very fun, but man the battles against the AI are actually really challenging and the same one has wrecked me for dayzees, the randomly dropping blocks and hindering Miracle Cures only serve to make it much harder for me, rip.

Online is at least good from the bit I've tried.

I remember pre-purchasing this before it came out. I wanted a 3DS Dr. Mario so badly that I bought Dr. Mario Express across three systems. This game is awesome!! :drmario:

Back