Which Mario series makes the best soundtracks?

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
For me personally it's either the platformers or Mario Kart.

-Mario Galaxies and 3D World

-Every single Mario RPG (yes, even Sticker Star)

-Most Mario Kart games (mainly for the Rainbow Road themes)

-Wario series (haven't played much of it, but from what I have played and heard, the music is amazing)

-Donkey Kong series (same as above)

-Mario Party

-Pretty much anything else not called "Hotel Mario" or "Yoshi's New Island"

And even Hotel Mario's music is semi-decent IMO.

Mario Kart (mainly for MK8, although the series has good music in general)
Donkey Kong Country series
3D Mario Games (SM64 to SM3DW)
Paper Mario series

Personally, I really liked Mario Golf's music. It makes the golfing experience a lot more breathtaking and passionate, helped by the catchy tunes by Motoi Sakuraba. It would be interesting to see the direction Mario Golf's takes if it is allowed a big band to perform the music.

That's not to say I don't enjoy other soundtracks, because I do. Certainly, Mario Kart's short length for soundtracks are great to hear, as with the Final Lap versions. It would be interesting to hear how Mount Wario's music is like in the final lap, as there isn't a sped up version of that theme.

New Super Mario Bros. U, while not the most original of themes, have a refreshing theme mainly because it's not a reused version found in past games. Moreover, the sound of the choir when carrying Baby Yoshi is awesome.

Mario Party's soundtrack is pretty decent for its catchiness, as it conveys the light-heartedness of party games and its settings.

I do think that Hotel Mario's themes are decent, as they reasonably fit into what Mario music is like, only exception is that it doesn't have a Super Mario Bros. theme in it.

Thanks for reading.

Mario Strikers Charged.

Mario games need more disco.

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Hoops 3-on-3
Mario Sports Mix
Diddy Kong Racing
Donkey Kong 64

I just think disco is highly suitable for the Mario genre.

Hell, I'm surprised she listed it herself. Super Mario Galaxy 2 has a few good orchestrated pieces, but the entire soundtrack isn't overwhelmingly good.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Never thought I'd see the day when you say something positive about SMG2, lol

Oh no, I really really love the soundtrack in the game. It has Starship Mario, the World music is really beautiful (with my favorites being World 1/2, World 3, and World 4), Space Storm Galaxy, Melty Monster, Throwback, Bowser Jr. levels, that Digga-Legg boss theme I even use in my Mario Kart Wii, etc. There's a few duds here and there but the soundtrack is actually really good and has good enough pieces for me to list here as one of my favorite Mario soundtracks.

Wish I can say that for the rest of that trash game.

I thought the lowercase and the Artoon Yoshi's horrible soundtracks was enough of a clue that I was joking.

Glowsquid said:
I thought the lowercase and the Artoon Yoshi's horrible soundtracks was enough of a clue that I was joking.
I honestly thought you were joking. I mean, you posted that Super Mario Land "music" one time and "hailed" it.

And you said that something about the only reason Mario vs. Donkey Kong soundtrack is not the most loathed universally by Mario geeks is that Artoon's Yoshi games exist.

Are you implying the Mario vs. DK soundtrack is bad?? I loved it, especially the remixes of the SMB theme and Donkey Kong theme in one song, that was amazing.

Back