post any random Mario thought on your mind

Mario party e is where its all at

I like Mario.

There needs to be more plot in Mario games. C'mon Nintendo, at least try to live up to Galaxy 1's standards. Especially 3D Land and World.

The Pyro Guy said:
There needs to be more plot in Mario games. C'mon Nintendo, at least try to live up to Galaxy 1's standards. Especially 3D Land and World.
the plot of super mario galaxy is that peach is kidnapped by bowser

but in spaaaaaace

But all the cutscenes and Rosalina's backstory that took me like 3 years to figure out

Its the best plot in a Super Mario game, but not a Mario game.

i wonder why many custom tracks in MKWii are garbage and people cannot even make decent texture hacks.

I wonder why people think copy pasting a .png image without even cropping it correctly into some background that doesn't even match can look ''cool''?

i sincerely think all of that it's garbage.

The Pyro Guy said:
http://www.wired.com/2009/06/super-mario-galaxy-2/

[quote author=Shigeru Miyamoto]
I feel that even if all that you have is that the villain is just simply a villain and you fight them, and you throw them down, and you find out, well, that wasn’t such a bad villain after all, that’s enough story for ultimately what is just about a very fun experience
[/quote]

P.S.: I too would like a bit of a story like in Super Mario Sunshine and the first Super Mario Galaxy.

Swiftie_Luma said:
i wonder why many custom tracks in MKWii are garbage and people cannot even make decent texture hacks.

because custom tracks require a ----ton of time to make. i had started working on a port of fossil canyon for diddy kong racing and even though I can drive in it, it's really not good-looking and i will not release it. hell, i haven't even tested cpu routes and all the other kmp crap yet. that's how unfinished it is.

if they can't even make good texture hacks, they really shouldn't even be tinkering around with something far more complex in the first place.

The Pyro Guy said:

Although that is a valid point, I'd imagine it would be hard to make an interesting story about a plumber wanting cake.

Mario's pancreas begging him to not ingest the sugar-ridden candy would be an interesting start.

The Pyro Guy said:
But all the cutscenes and Rosalina's backstory that took me like 3 years to figure out

Its the best plot in a Super Mario game, but not a Mario game.

How did that take you 3 years to figure out?

First playthrough; Didn't bother with the library. I was like, 9 or younger back then.
Second playthrough; Read the storybook, but didn't make any connection.
Third playthrough; 100%'d the game, and therefore I watched every cutscene. It was about a year ago, and only then did I understand.

Ah ok.

Still I never thought it was all that good a story. Not terrible but not good, just ok.

Mcmadness said:
Ah ok.

Still I never thought it was all that good a story. Not terrible but not good, just ok.
Wel, we should probably put things in perspective, as I think the most complex plot that the Super Mario series had is Super Mario Sunshine's one...

Mister Wu said:
Mcmadness said:
Ah ok.

Wel, we should probably put things in perspective, as I think the most complex plot that the Super Mario series had is Super Mario Sunshine's one...

And that was cleaning an island after Bowser Jr., who was convinced that Peach was his mother.

Unlike most Sticker Star haters, my hate for Sticker Star has nothing to do with it not being a proper TTYD sequel.

Its really just the whole consumable item combat gameplay (no stickers=no attacks), and Kersti's existence.

I wonder sometimes what that Super Paper Mario movie would have been like.

The guy who wanted to direct it was the same director as Horrible Bosses, so it could have been funny.

I just briefly watched the 59th Episode of Japan's Cat Mario Show, and there is one thing that intrigues me about it. Before that, here's the link: https://youtu.be/gWbWD5vpAe4

So you might ask, what has caught my attention? Well you see, while Cat Mario Show typically covers games in the Mario series and Nintendo's other series, they sometimes delve into a few third party games, usually ones from Japan like Monster Hunter. The operative word being "usually". So what game did I see that caught me by surprise?

Little Inferno

(Skip to 9:55 in the video above)

If you want to know why, this game is originally from USA (it's a launch title on Wii U for US), and to add to this distinctiveness, it is an indie title.

I think it's just all sorts of amazing to see this title get attention, not only due to being an indie US title, but also because this game is different from how a traditional game plays. I think the developers must be proud to see this game being promoted on an official Nintendo media.

Thanks for reading.

Magikrazy said:

The guy who wanted to direct it was the same director as Horrible Bosses, so it could have been funny.

I can answer that.

Shit.

Nintendo has confirmed that Super Mario Galaxy 3 is a possibility, and I'm excited to see what they do. :luma:

Mcmadness said:
Magikrazy said:

I can answer that.

Shit.
Well yeah, but could it have been funny shit?

I'd probably have Gary Busey play Dimentio and just let him say whatever he wanted without a script. And for Count Bleck, Nicolas Cage. O'Chunks would be Jack Black, Nastasia would be Zooey Deschannel (sp?), Mimi would be Lady Gaga, and Mr. L would just be whoever's playing Luigi with a name tag saying "Hello, my name is not Luigi".

I'd have Mario and Co. underact so much they barely count as characters and the ocs would be way over the top and they'd all have a musical number. Even Watchitt.

Well if it's mocking the source game I could get behind it.

Magikrazy said:
Well yeah, but could it have been funny shit?

I'd probably have Gary Busey play Dimentio and just let him say whatever he wanted without a script. And for Count Bleck, Nicolas Cage. O'Chunks would be Jack Black, Nastasia would be Zooey Deschannel (sp?), Mimi would be Lady Gaga, and Mr. L would just be whoever's playing Luigi with a name tag saying "Hello, my name is not Luigi".

I'd have Mario and Co. underact so much they barely count as characters and the ocs would be way over the top and they'd all have a musical number. Even Watchitt.

honestly why hasnt this been done already this is perfect

Starship Mario said:
Nintendo has confirmed that Super Mario Galaxy 3 is a possibility, and I'm excited to see what they do. :luma:

please don't format your words like that, it's hard to read

btw, it's only a possibility. that means around as much as a possibility of a huge gamma ray burst in our direction.

Back