post any random Mario thought on your mind

Baby Luigi said:
maybe you should try voice modding mario kart 8 next if that's possible

Thats my goal , but i dont see any kind of method involving sounds aside from the common music hacks that change the music during races.

Individual voices in MK8 are in a different format from Smash 4 , which already supports voice modding , so i guess its a bit tricky to get it done just yet.

Guys,
IT'S HAPPENING
2x1_KidsSummerTips02_v01.ecb8e445.jpg

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games finally broke the seal that was put on Mario's depicitons!

man, lgm would find that shirtless mario really sexy

Lol they even put some little dots as nipples.

Thats one hell of an art. Gotta love Nintendos 2D images , they are so simple yet so good .

It's just simple vector art, but I don't know why, they just have a certain style to them that only Nintendo can do. It's probably the colors and the line-work.

If only we had an .svg of that file

And that black hole can be as big as you want it, as big as your monitor even, without causing any sort of loss in resolution

That's the beauty of .svg files.

Im a big fan of vector art , and what i plan on doing is to make more of Rosalina.

Recently , Mario Party 10 icons were ripped , so i decided to make my own 2D Version of Rosalina's.

4UVrtvo.jpg

I think it looks great! Though I think her sleeve things should use skinnier lines, her brooch, and maybe her chin as well. But I really like it!.

Baby Luigi said:
I think it looks great! Though I think her sleeve things should use skinnier lines, her brooch, and maybe her chin as well. But I really like it!.

Thanks , the feedback is highly appreciated.

Though , i kinda used Nintendo's as a guide , to see were the lines should be thicker and etc.

I will try doing something bigger next , probably my favorite Rosalina render. ;D

Maybe one day, you'll make your own render and then you'll make vector art out of it... like my sister did.

Looking forward to it.

Also i finally uploaded the first video of my MKWii playthrough as Rosalina.

Like MKDS, its Rosalina only in 150cc for all cups.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Im a big fan of vector art , and what i plan on doing is to make more of Rosalina.

Recently , Mario Party 10 icons were ripped , so i decided to make my own 2D Version of Rosalina's.

4UVrtvo.jpg

Not gonna lie, I saw your avatar and thought that it was the official art.

In other words, good job!

Baby Luigi said:
It's just simple vector art, but I don't know why, they just have a certain style to them that only Nintendo can do. It's probably the colors and the line-work.

If only we had an .svg of that file
I must say that there is something fresh about that image, too, beyond shirtless Mario. Like, how many artwork of Yoshi sleeping do we have? And of Yoshi sleeping under the sand (itself with dots!)? How many artworks do we have of a Koopa Troopa hidden inside his shell? How frequently have Sidesteppers appeared both in games and artworks?
I hope this is just the beginning, the Cat Mario and Yoshi summer image, the recent animated gifs and this image now are really nice and a breath of fresh air after seeing stock artwork and common poses being extensively used.

And yes, I'm all in for svg being increasingly used now also for images in web pages, although the use of JPEG here means that there is still some way to go!

Playing Super Mario Kart after playing the modern ones feels weird.

You can have a dream about riding a horse.

sonicmariolondontrailer6102.jpg

I don't know, but I still remember when Luigi riding a horse was a minor meme.

I would have thought that Sonic riding a horse was the one people are most fussed about. Mario is a close second. The fact that all the characters can ride real horses looked very strange.

Thanks for reading.

Mcmadness said:
Playing Super Mario Kart after playing the modern ones feels weird.
Pretty damn quiet.

winstein said:
I would have thought that Sonic riding a horse was the one people are most fussed about. Mario is a close second. The fact that all the characters can ride real horses looked very strange.

Thanks for reading.
I prefer Mario riding a horse over a stupid annoying green thing any day.

It just occurred to me that Yoshi games starring Yoshi without Mario is very few, and ones without Bowser is even less.

- Yoshi: Stars Mario as the playable character, along with Luigi as player 2. Similar case with Wario's Woods where Wario is the titular character, but is never playable.
- Yoshi's Cookie: Mario is one of the characters to control the playing field. The NES version is just Mario controlling the field while the GB and SNES has Mario and Yoshi controlling together. In multiplayer Peach and Bowser are involved.
- Yoshi's Safari: Mario is the shooter. Yoshi cannot be controlled. Peach and Bowser show up in the game, as well as the Koopalings.
- Yoshi no Cookie: Kuruppon Oven de Cookie: Seems to prominently feature Yoshi but Mario, Peach and Bowser can appear.
- Yoshi's Island: Stars Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, along with Baby Bowser. It's the first game to center around Yoshi, but Mario is still included in some form.
- Tetris Attack: Mario is not featured at all, but Bowser appears as a boss, in adult form. It's based on another property (Panel de Pon), so it's not truly a Yoshi game.
- Yoshi's Story: The first Yoshi game without any involvement from Mario, though Baby Bowser is the villain.
- Yoshi's Topsy Turvy: Has Bowser as a villain, though again, no Mario.
- Yoshi Touch and Go: One of the two Yoshi games where Bowser is not featured at all. It does have Baby Mario and Baby Luigi.
- Yoshi's Island DS: Has baby forms of Mario, Luigi, Peach, DK, Wario and Bowser, and Bowser in adult form is also included.
- Yoshi's New Island: Like Yoshi's Island, it stars Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, along with Baby Bowser. This time, adult Bowser makes a surprise visit.
- Yoshi's Woolly World: Does not feature Mario, except as a skin. However, Baby Bowser is featured.

What I am saying is that Yoshi's games do not have Yoshi being independent of Mario or Bowser. They have elements in the Mario series that Yoshi is never truly independent of his Mario origins. Contrast to Donkey Kong and Wario, whose games have a new cast that does not feature Mario staples (Donkey Kong more so). Wario is a bit different, as his Microgames series feature Mario, albeit as a cameo as opposed to outright being a central cast member.

I would say that Yoshi's series is in between the Peach and Donkey Kong games, where Super Princess Peach is clearly a Mario game with Peach as the main character, while Donkey Kong (Country onwards) is completely independent of any Mario elements. Ergo, Yoshi has certain independent elements to call his own, but also borrow a lot from Mario.

Thanks for reading.

Striker Mario said:
Pretty dang quiet.

Not just that, the controls even. Drifting is a lot harder to pull off.

Mcmadness said:
Traction is really awful while drifting, even with Toad or Koopa. And even with them, in Donut Plains 3 if you just try to steer in the first long U turn you will start skidding and then spin, so unless you try to brake, you will have to steer while jumping without drifting to try approaching it in a decently easy way.
To add to this, for some reason, in the manual it isn't clear that to end a drift you have to steer in the opposite direction while drifting. If you don't do that, the kart will not regain traction and will happily slide into oblivion. Of course, it makes sense because that's how control is regained in real life drifts, but still...
I still think Super Mario Kart is the hardest Mario Kart game in terms of driving. Only 200cc came close.

the yoshi series is better when it has baby mario and baby luigi in it so i wouldn't complain

Mcmadness said:
Striker Mario said:
Pretty dang quiet.

I have difficulty playing any game before Double Dash mainly because of the pyshics.

Baby Luigi said:
the yoshi series is better when it has baby mario and baby luigi in it so i wouldn't complain
You're probably annoyed at Woolly World, right?

Back