Your pet peeves.

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Simple really. Things in this franchise that when they happen it just sucks the fun out of the game for you.

For example I hate 100 coin stars. Purple or otherwise.

Any Yoshi's Island game involving Kamek and Baby Luigi

Any of them

Also, Slingpod Galaxy and Purple Coins are the reason I don't want to play Galaxy again.

That Nintendo Tokyo decides that there should be at least one level where it's designed to be soul-sucking hard.

That lives still exist in this decade.

That Mario doesn't freaking talk and Nintendo loves the status quo when it comes to Mario platformers.

Unless it's like 3D land or 3D World or NSMBWii I hate the press the button to win Bowser fights.

Mcmadness said:
Simple really. Things in this franchise that when they happen it just sucks the fun out of the game for you.

For example I hate 100 coin stars. Purple or otherwise.

THANK YOU FOR MENTIONING THE 100 PURPLE COINS! These can be awful, especially on Battlerock & Dreadnought.

I really get peod whenever someone saves the blue or red shell, whether it be CPU or online play, about 10 seconds before I win the race, just to screw me.

That Sticker Star exists

That after they put so much effort into the amazing storylines of the two recent Paper Mario games, they had to completely drop it all for the most recent one.

Also, blue coins, panchinko machine level and FLUDDless levels in Sunshine. Those and Corona Mountain are the reasons I've never beaten that game.

Don't worry. You aren't missing much. Hell you can get to the post end game delfino plaza just by entering corona mountain and then exiting the level.

It's piss easy till the boat. Then it just becomes unfair and not fun.

Yeah, Sunshine has pretty bad collection design. If there were a remake, at least tell us how many blue coins are there per episode and how many you've collected so far. Short of recording your findings, you can't really find blue coins without a guide or wildly guessing if you already have the blue coin or not.

Took me years to figure out the slide had 2 stars.

Donatello said:
* Paying for Heart Blocks in TTYD.

Lol I hated how you have to pay to restore your health without using items in Thousand Year Door. It was for free in the original Paper Mario.

Oh boy a thread to list annoying things in Mario.

Mcmadness said:
Took me years to figure out the slide had 2 stars.

This pretty much. I had SM64DS first, and good lord I was stuck at 149 stars for the longest time before figuring that out by that I mean go on the internet

*Getting coins as an item in Mario Kart (specifically 8 but SMK it sucks too)

*Getting hit by an enemy and have the knockback send you to your doom in SM64

*The 8 red coins in the clouds secret star in SM64

*Chance Time/Fortune Space/Whatever the hell you want to call it in Mario Party

*Spring Mario in Mario Galaxy

*Cosmic Clones in SMG1, SMG2, 3DL, and 3DW

*Blue shell in Mario Kart

*Getting pushed off the edge by a heavyweight in Mario Kart

*Luck based mini-games in Mario Party.

Loads more but that's good enough for now

People assuming thar Sarasaland is only a desert, and people wanting a third Galaxy game yet they tell Nintendo not to release another NSMB game.

It's more about the fans than the games.....

Planetoid hopping and the fact that they keep reusing the same 5-6 characters for the main games.

Anticlimactic finales

Finding that last bloody red coin

Dropping down 5 places or more in MK

Bowser getting easily defeated at the beginning of superstar saga

Whenever Dimentio is on screen.

Dying just before a check point.

Nozomi Toujou said:
Wow, the slide has 2 stars. I didn't know that.
Not surprising because pretty much nothing in the game tells you about it. I found it by pure accident.

Toy Chica said:
People calling Rosalina "Princess" when it never actually states that she is one.

Speaking about princesses....

I hate it when games like Super Mario 3D World calls the Sprixies "princesses" when the proper term should be "Sprixie Queens". Or when anyone calls themselves "princesses" even when it's apparent there is no king or queen around. It really ticks me off.

Back