• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
Re: Nintendo NX (tentative title)

Hologram projection?

Re: Nintendo NX (tentative title)

What I want from this console is a new, unique name, a regular controller not built around a gimmick, a console that's not a generation behind in hardware and Internet, 3rd party support, and quality 1st party titles.

Re: Nintendo NX

I read the article before this thread was made.

Mario Kart 9 better not use 2005-2006 graphics
like Mario Kart 7.

This video is very obviously fake but I think it's still worth a mention

what do you think about this concept? I personally think that this, such as the Sony-Equivalent Playstation Now are pure bullshit.

So a console that has new games but is also backwards compatible with both the Wii U and 3DS? Tbh, that seems a bit too good to be true.

Oh no, not that piece of filth Wii U board of GameFAQs

Baby Luigi said:
Oh no, not that piece of filth Wii U board of GameFAQs
"Piece of filth" is being way too nice.

I prefer "intellectual hive of scum".

and while we're at it, more rumors (this is actually a serious article, but since there are no sources cited whatsoever I highly doubt its legitimacy)

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20150702PD204.html

>shipping 20 million consoles in 1 year

1zTqgW6bS2jWU.gif

in the lastest annual shareholder meeting of nintendo, iwata talked very briefly about the nx and said that they will continue to produce 3ds and wii u games for at least several months after the launch of nx

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/stock/meeting/150626qa/03.html

It will be interesting to see what exactly this is since nintendo seems to be really commited about not replacing any existing console with this. Although this could go like when the DS was announced and GBA games still continued to be released for about 2 years after its release because the DS wasn't originally though to succeed the Gameboy line either (or probably it was, but if the DS would have failed they could've just released another gameboy).

lol

also

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/dragon-quest-xi-announced-ps4-3ds

>nx is being considered.
this is sorta relevant

This might be a great opportunity for an Unreal Engine 4 styled 3D open world Mario game seeing that Nintendo is finally supporting that shit!

I predict the NX will launch with the following:

- One or two out of the three "bigs", with at least one being a main title. (There have been reports of a new Mario game likely launching with Nintendo's next system; Zelda Wii U is "getting reworked" and might be a cross-system release like Twilight Princess if the NX releases in 2016; I could see Pokémon doing something as well (maybe Pokémon Z on New 3DS and NX?), and Pokken would likely work better on stronger hardware).
- Either a new Animal Crossing or Splatoon title (very likely major; I could see Crossing coming at launch and "Splatwoon" coming later once there is a bigger install base on the system).
- A new game showing off the system's features. (Think Wii Sports and Nintendo Land, or even along the lines of Pilotwings and F-Zero.)
- A "hardcore" game. (Maybe Metroid or F-Zero. There have been hints of both coming to Nintendo's next console.)

Back