How would you make a Mario film?

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Simple question really. What would you have it be about? The plot? The characters? Setting? Tone etc etc.

Have Baby Luigi appear in it somewhere. Anywhere.

flashback to their younger days?

That would be dandy

what else?

Develop Mario and Luigi's twin relationship with each other

I won't.

But if I must.....

Traditional or CG animation, voice actors from the game srepraise their roles (No celebrities like Zac Efron or Nicki Minaj). a plot much greater than the games, and have Daisy And Waluigi have a C-3P0/R2-D2 or Beavis/Butt-Head kind of mini-arc.

I'd try to follow the plot of Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros as close as possible, maybe add a few characters from later games like Bowser Jr.

It would be CGI. Charles Martinet would play the brothers, obviously. Although I would have preferred Lou Albano and Danny Wells (rip).

CGI - typical Mario storyline - current voice actors - make 10,000 sequels all with similar plots and stuff etc. - profit 8)

something along the lines of this

i'm thinking live action, start off with one movie, get the ball rolling, then if it takes off, bring it into an avengers style movie series with other nintendo characters and characters from the ssb series

then sit in piles of hundred dollar bills and laugh at the world from my flying invisible ship in the sky

it's the american dream

Just don't make it live action. Or similar in any way to that monstrosity known as the Super Mario Bros. film. They also shouldn't change the voice actors from the game and have Bowser Jr. make an appearance.

What I'd do is for one have it in CGI to better reflect the current look of the franchise. The characters will be primarily voiced by their video game voice actors. It will have a simple narrative with emphasis placed on interaction between the bros, Peach and Toad (who will be a singular entity) as they all travel the mushroom kingdom to find the necessary items in order to free it from the tyranny/curse placed on it by Bowser who of course is currently controlling the kingdom and has his minions searching for the bros in order to aquire Peach as shes the only one who can use the special items to defeat Bowser.

Yeah, not the most original plot but there will be much emphasis placed on the relationships between the characters and they will travel to all sorts of fantastical locations which will be filled with wonder and whimsical things.

As a japanese cartoon style animated movie, something in Dragon Ball Z movies style. No real actors, no CGI.

minimum of three fanservice scenes exclusively featuring Waluigi in a french maid outfit

NathanBros said:
As a japanese cartoon style animated movie, something in Dragon Ball Z movies style. No real actors, no CGI.
So you're gonna use random people pulled from the street who can emulate the voices?

MnSG said:
Either have it be computer animated, or anime-styled.
Agree, no live action because it's easier to make sequels with computer animation or anime-styled.(yeah, unfortunately voice actors can still die but it's easier to make a similar voice than looking for a similar looking actor.)

I think it should be based on the first Mario game and if sucessful, the sequels would be Super Mario Bros 2 and Super Mario bros 3, and Super Mario World.

I recently had an idea of a story set many years in the future. Mario and Luigi are now elderly, Peach is dead, Bowser Jr. (called Bowser II in the story) is the new ruler of the Koopa Kingdom. Bowser is still alive, but unable to rule because of old age. However he is behind most of his son's schemes. They have taken over the Mushroom Kingdom and forced all the Toads into slavery. The film would be considerably darker than most Mario stories, but not flop like the SMB movie. Bowser and his son would resemble their game counterparts, as would Mario and Luigi (though Bowser II would look more like Bowser in the games because he's older, and his father and the Bros. would have gray hair)

It would also include Wario, Waluigi, Daisy and Rosalina, all elderly now. I haven't figured out roles for them yet. The story would revolve around Mario and Luigi leaving the dark, gritty world of the new Mushroom Kingdom to seek help from the neighboring Beanbean Kingdom, now ruled by Peasley after Queen Bean passed away. There they meet the son of Professor E. Gadd and his assistant (later revealed to be the son of Fawful) who provide a time machine which Mario and Luigi use to visit the "current" Mushroom Kingdom and enlist the help of younger Mario, Luigi, and Peach.

The ending would involve Bowser II realizing that his way of ruling is wrong and freeing all the Toads from slavery. However this pisses off his father who then takes the staff of Kamek and decides to overthrow his son as ruler of the kingdom and engage battle with the Mario Bros. He ends up falling into lava after a long, heated battle. Sadly he doesn't survive this time due to his old age. His staff lands on a rock near the lava pool, and after the credits Waluigi is seen picking it up.

Hey I have an idea for a Mario movie, let's have this movie not exist.

Seriously though I'd have CGI or anime style and I'll come up with a story later

Back