The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Released!)

Re: The Sonic the Hedgehog General Thread (Most Recent Game Release: Sonic Runners)

The three charts you posted confuse me, SM...

I have a Grey dark chaos chao and it destroys everything. Actually, iirc, it's been a Chaos Chao twice now and its on its third time as one (they revert to egg after some time and then you can make them a chaos one again). It also likes to have sex with all the other Chaos.

Also, was there ever a strategy to prevent your Chao from disappearing? I've heard that throwing them in school and then bringing them back prevented that, but it never seemed to work.

Re: The Sonic the Hedgehog General Thread (Most Recent Game Release: Sonic Runners)

There's rumors of a game called Sonic Mach 2 (A Sonic game so fast the sequel comes out first) that was asked if it existed to Iizuka and only said that it's not developed by Sonic Team and for fans to wait for the announcement.

I wonder what it is exactly. Of course it could turn out to be a dissapointment in that it's just one of the free-to-play Sonic Boom games or another mobile game in general. Though regarding the former you'd think they'd have Sonic Boom: Mach 2 as the title if that were the case.

Until we know what it is exactly it could be anything at this moment. So until we know what it is exactly we don't have alot to go off from. Maybe this will be an E3 reveal of some kind? (Even if Sega doesn't have their own booth this year.)

http://awkwardsonicphotos.tumblr.com/

tumblr_nl82ao0egM1rlrnwdo2_500.jpg

this blog is great

I wonder what they'll do for Sonic's 25th anniversary next year? I hope it's either:
Sonic Adventure 3 or another story based game with Final Fantasy cinematics...except not rushed

supermariofan said:
I wonder what they'll do for Sonic's 25th anniversary next year? I hope it's either:
Sonic Adventure 3 or another story based game with Final Fantasy cinematics...except not rushed

SA3 would be nice but I don't want to get too hopeful for that just yet.

As for the latter though I'd rather they do not try a story like they did in 06. The contrast between the world and the supposed "epic" story and the main characters being anthro cartoon characters is just too much. Didn't help any that Sega's writing team for Sonic has never been that good even admittenly in good 3D Sonic games like the Adventure series, Colors (Eggman's lines over the intercomm were priceless though), and Generations.

The Adventure game themselves has some epic and/or dark parts to it but they didn't stray far too off and included some silly scenes that may come off as cheesy but is otherwise pretty normal for the Sonic series. The Humans were also cartoons like the Sonic cast were in Adventure (Maybe slightly less so in SA2 but they definitely still didn't look like the attempt at realistic humans in 06) so it didn't feel quite as jarring. At least Sonic experiments with story more then the Mario series does, but I never have too much expectations for the story of a Sonic game.

If there's a Sonic Adventure 3 it should definitely fix the problems the treasure hunting had. I don't mind exploring as much as other people do but I do realize the stages have serious flaws that need to be addressed.

Northern Verve said:
supermariofan said:

SA3 would be nice but I don't want to get too hopeful for that just yet.

As for the latter though I'd rather they do not try a story like they did in 06. The contrast between the world and the supposed "epic" story and the main characters being anthro cartoon characters is just too much. Didn't help any that Sega's writing team for Sonic has never been that good even admittenly in good 3D Sonic games like the Adventure series, Colors (Eggman's lines over the intercomm were priceless though), and Generations.

The Adventure game themselves has some epic and/or dark parts to it but they didn't stray far too off and included some silly scenes that may come off as cheesy but is otherwise pretty normal for the Sonic series. The Humans were also cartoons like the Sonic cast were in Adventure (Maybe slightly less so in SA2 but they definitely still didn't look like the attempt at realistic humans in 06) so it didn't feel quite as jarring. At least Sonic experiments with story more then the Mario series does, but I never have too much expectations for the story of a Sonic game.
Well look at it like this: Sonic 06 looked like it could have been one of the best Sonic games, hell it could have been one of the best, just didn't quite work that way, it had potential, it was just rushed. It looked like a Sonic game that's trying to be original. I would not mind at all seeing Sega to do something like that again but with more effort

supermariofan said:
Well look at it like this: Sonic 06 looked like it could have been one of the best Sonic games, hell it could have been one of the best, just didn't quite work that way, it had potential, it was just rushed. It looked like a Sonic game that's trying to be original. I would not mind at all seeing Sega to do something like that again but with more effort

It's true that if Sonic 06 had good gameplay, most would of just overlooked or laughed off the story.

However, I doubt even a better gameplay Sonic 06 would have avoided the scrutiny (Though it would be far less). The story was messed up, the contrast of cartoon animals in a "realistic" world is jarring, the level design was awkward, Sonic as a character is boring throughout most of Sonic 06, and they implemented too many gameplay styles for their own good. All of those were choices they made that would of gotten in even if the game wasn't rushed. And even considering if the gameplay was much smoother and not prone to glitches would be awkward as heck. You can't rush the initial story or things you have from the conceptual stage in development. So those are still things that were a problem with Sonic 06 outside of the problems with rushing it out.

no just no, seriously you had to make another sonic boom game after all that reception it got, its like they dont understand

look at how many dislikes that already has

amazing

This is more like a sequel to the 3DS Sonic Boom game Shattered Crystal. Which was considered the better of the two games even if it's still only decent at best. I'm not interested in it just like the other Sonic Boom games, but it kinda looks like they may be expanding on it to make at least a little better?

The out of nowhere news is bound to make the Sonic fanbase kinda go nuts (Though no matter what game it is they'll go nuts I suppose).

But I'm just going to be like "Eh. Okay" regarding it.

Eri Ayase said:
look at how many dislikes that already has

amazing
Pfft they removed it from sight, it must've been bad.

While I'm not getting it, I can't say I understand all the hate though, they were wise and didn't even bother with a Wii U game this time, and Shattered Crystal was by no means hated.

it had close to 1000 dislikes and 300 likes or something

it's probably gonna end up sucking

i wouldn't draw conclusions this early though, like most people are.

i hope they take the criticism from the last game and make this one better

Threek said:
http://awkwardsonicphotos.tumblr.com/

tumblr_nl82ao0egM1rlrnwdo2_500.jpg

this blog is great
tumblr_nnu8krceQU1tg2tyco1_500.jpg

Shattered Crystal had some good elements to it so if they can improve upon it I'm ok with a sequel

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/with_replies

I'M DYING

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1060784

for context

shit's hilarious

wow what

WOW WHAT

followed

0u5sso.png

i can't

Whoever is writing all this is a genius.

Lucina said:

no just no, seriously you had to make another sonic boom game after all that reception it got, its like they dont understand
At least they went for a sequel to the better version.

Paul Heyman said:

I'M DYING
Dangat, knew I should have posted that when I first saw it!

This guy is tops.

Lucina said:

At least they went for a sequel to the better version.

Paul Heyman said:

I'M DYING
I meant to mention this guy sometime here.

This guy is tops.

Edit: Some highlights.

Fq5zRtm.jpg

CgbmT2m.jpg

qCOrdoE.jpg

fFTv848.jpg

e9kmrcp.jpg

Back