Acclaimed games you dislike

I really really hate Mega Man 2. Overall poor level design (Heat Man, Quick Man, Wily 4), very easy, pattern-based and uninteresting bosses, and some of the weapons are among the worst in the series (Crash Bomber and Atomic Fire).

Tomoko Kuroki said:
Dinomic Duo said:
have you actually played either of those?
I've played Animal Crossing. It's overrated and everything gets boring if you stop playing and start again.

GalacticPetey said:
Dinomic Duo said:
Smash Melee

Because too fast
You're too slow.
I know.

Lumastar said:
GalacticPetey said:
Dinomic Duo said:
Smash Melee

Because too fast
You're too slow.
Sonic_the_Hedgehog_in_Super_Smash_Bros._for_Nintendo_3DS_%26_Wii_U.png

Sonic speed!
Finally, someone else has a low-quality image.

Dinomic Duo said:
Tomoko Kuroki said:
Dinomic Duo said:
I've played Animal Crossing. It's overrated and everything gets boring if you stop playing and start again.
well if you stop playing for a month you get bored, but if you come back after 3 days or so everything still stays fresh

wait I'm biased, so what the hell am I even doing talking about it

Stargazing said:
Dinomic Duo said:
Tomoko Kuroki said:
Dinomic Duo said:
well if you stop playing for a month you get bored, but if you come back after 3 days or so everything still stays fresh

wait I'm biased, so what the hell am I even doing talking about it
I would like Animal Crossing more if only days that the player is in count. But no.

minecraft.

i usually don't take well to open world games without a clear directive. i don't think it's a bad game per se, but i could never get into it.

Peter Sam said:
minecraft.

i usually don't take well to open world games without a clear directive. i don't think it's a bad game per se, but i could never get into it.

Same here. My brother and my irl friends all like it but I could never enjoy it.

legend of zelda ocarina of time

it was such a big let down(compared to lttp anyway) and generally boring

its like when they switched to 3d they thought that alone would sell the game so they dumbed down everything aside from the 3d element

enemy ai is really stupid too as they dont attack you if you're z targeted on to another enemy which makes the process kinda boring, combat is really slow too, much slower than lttp.

I never thought the game looked good( then again i didnt really like 3d graphics until like ps2, gamecube, and xbox era). The boot system was pretty bad too as it literally made you go into another menu to put them on, i know it was fixed in oot3d but there are other reasons why ill never play that game, listed below.

None of the bosses really felt very challenging, i often felt like i needed to limit myself somehow just to get a decent challenge, and thats pretty dumb. Dont even like doing that in my favorite games, let alone this one.

Didnt like many dungeons either, i think the forest temple and the shadow temple were the only ones at that i liked.

There are good things though such as the music and some interesting items such as lens of truth and how the hookshot operated was pretty cool.

Otherwise i cant really the like this game whatsoever.

Incase those are wonder "why did you progress the game to at least to the shadow temple?"

it was one of those situations where i believed the game could get better, and that thought came in my mind until i beat the game, which is stupid, but i do that with a lot of games(such as tos2 for example).

Castlevania: Symphony of the night

I actually played this game later on in my life, probably around the time i beat aria of sorrow.

A lot of people called this the best castlevania game ever and the best rpg one, at that time i had played a lot of castlevania rpgs, so i thought id give this a go, i mean gameplay and screens looked good so why not?

The game has bad voice acting, but ill excuse it at that point in the time i played it, i was already so used to other games having pretty good voice acting anyway, so yeah.

Theres one thing i learned very quickly, this game is so easy to break in so many ways its stupid.

Spells for example, you can litterally crush all enemies on screen, and get this, refill your health at the same exact time. It does a piss load of damage and can easily crush enemies, especially ones that have multiple parts to them to attack.

Theres even a fire ball spell that you can do, which shoots 3 fire balls towards an enemy, which does a lot of damage. It gets even more bizarre, you can teleport with this too, with stronger fire balls.

There are other spells too that do a lot of damage.

Dont use spells then?

Sure!

There are various pieces of equipment that do outrageous things. Like for example, there is a weapon i cant remember the name of that you can get that allows you to slash as fast as you can press the button, it gets even more absurd! You can run, jump, and whatever, while using this. You're probably thinking "oh i bet the weapon is pretty weak". You'd be wrong, its actually quite strong, probably one of the more stronger weapons in the game.

There is a shield, that allows you to use kinds of shield magic, i remember one where it would launch some sword knight at the enemy doing outrageous amounts of damage, a lot of the shield magic was too bad, but it was pretty absurd nonetheless.

Then there is a shield that can heal you if you hold the block button, yeeeeep.

I mean ways to break the game just really continue.

Besides that, there isnt really much that impresses me with the game.

I mean the sprite work is gorgeous and the music is very amazing, but thats literally it.

I also found the bosses to be quite easy, something that is a bit strange for the castlevania series(although its pretty common in most castlevania rpgs, sadly). While difficulty isnt the most important thing in the game, but the reasons above about breaking the game just really dont go well.

One thing i REALLY didnt like, was the 2nd part of the game, if you did somethings right you got the 2nd part of the game... teleports you to a "new" castle of sorts.

I feel.. alternate would be a better way of phrasing it. They basically just, flips the other castle upside down and addes some minor differences such as new bosses and some new enemies, but thats really it.

Theres also kind of a backtracking issue, while i dont mind that in games like this, ya know, the whole rpg metroid feel, i dont think its the greatest of ideas in this game. Its not really that you're going back through to get to new places with new abilities and whatnot, its more on the fact that you can fight enemies over and over for exp, so backtracking can actually empower the character more then they need to be, which i think is absurd. Now you're probably thinking "why not just not fight them by like jumping over them?". Thats a pretty good idea in some cases, but some enemies are really freaking huge and that cant be done, some enemies are really freaking fast and trying to avoid them can be really annoying. I this know issue could be solved with the whole, paper mario effect. You know the more you level up the less starpoints you get(xp in this case) and gets to the point where you dont even get starpoints/xp at all. Yeah, probably just a minor issue, but yeah. This is a problem in future castlevania rpgs as well, so theres that.

Oh yeah, there is one way for the game to be quite impressive, and that is what you can do after you beat the game.

You can start a new file, and input the name "RICTHER" which will replace Alucard with Ricther Belmont, which is pretty neat because the challenge actually skyrockets as ricther has no healing items or skills, so he can actually die very easily. Although he can kill enemies pretty easily too, but i thought that was neat.

otherwise though....

Overall i feel the game is just, really and immensely overrated, people praise the game all the time but i dont really get it.

Maybe it was good for its time or something but even when the quality of the game seems good, after playing it, with games that seem to have lower quality in the game, i just dont feel that sotn is all that great.

But oh well, at least it was a good step in the right direction, but im just really not fond of this game, its not as bad as oot but its still pretty bad.

Sotn has the exact same problem as oot (and final fantasy 7, like honestly that game has such bad graphics it hurts to look at), they were good at the time they came out but they've since then been beaten by subsequent titles (or ones that came out before (ff6), but it is true that I've stopped caring for non-jump n run castlevanias)

Gardevoir said:
(compared to lttp anyway)

i thought that one was more boring

:V

lttp is my favorite zelda game and one of my favorite gamers ever.

I thought it was a lot of fun, really enjoyed the music, the bosses in the dark world were fun, and the difficulty jump in the dark world was also good.

I also liked some of the hidden items like the invincible rod and the ice rod. There were some parts i didnt like that much, mainly the ice dungeon, and the beginning was pretty lame, but otherwise i loved the game quite a bit.

Dinomic Duo said:
It was a good game

I liked it even though I beat it in 3 minutes

how do i even reply to the strike?

Dinomic Duo said:
What is it?

Also, lol your avatar when I read that

why would you glitch through your first playthrough?

Peter Sam said:
minecraft.

Per this.

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Tiz Arrior said:
Off the top of my hed, the forced minigames were okay but they were fairly dull, the optional minigames were very unenjoyable, the Bowser gameplay was okay at best, the giant battles were a pain (specially the train), most of the music wasn't very memorable or that good, the inside Bowser areas were bland in design, I didn't like a bunch of the special moves, the game takes a while to actually become enjoyable, and overall it's far too easy.

I could probably go on if I thought about it more, but I think I've made it clear I really don't like this game.
Not bothered to expand on this.

Mario Kart Wii

The vast majority of the music in this game wasn't memorable, only a select few of the new tracks actually appealed to me in terms of design, the choices for retro tracks was generally very poor, the battle mode in that game was atrocious thanks to the stupid decision to force on teams (which makes it even more disappointing because the game had a really good selection of battle courses), the online rating system was very flawed (changes too erratically after races), the specific character stat boosts (as opposed to weight groups deciding this) makes online less original because everyone uses Funky Kong, it introduced the Lightning Cloud item (which was thankfully removed in following games), and the kart-bike balance is quite lame.

How sad, BiS was a really good game mainly because the battle controls are really fun (moreso in DT though), the story with Fawful and Bowser and shit was very appealing and also the premise was very cool.

Though I agree the train sucked. And the forced button mashing in the final boss fight.

Also I think the game had quite some memorable musics, the one that played in danger situations or before boss battles, the one that played for example in scenes with bowser's minions, bowser's theme, the boss theme, and of course the final boss theme. And peach's castle theme was a remix of forest maze which was also nice

Dinomic Duo said:
The one bad thing about that game is the button-mashing.

yes

i havent beaten the final boss by myself to this day

the one time i won was when a friend did the button mashing part for me

The forced button-mashing was another issue with the game, yes.

President Madagascar said:
Also I think the game had quite some memorable musics, the one that played in danger situations or before boss battles, the one that played for example in scenes with bowser's minions, bowser's theme, the boss theme, and of course the final boss theme. And peach's castle theme was a remix of forest maze which was also nice
I remember none of those besides the final boss theme, that was the only one that's legitimately memorable to me in that game.

agreed about BiS to an extent, not sure that I'd say I dislike the game but it's not really anything special.

Back