I still say Mario Superstar Baseball is the best of all the Mario sports titles

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Obviously your milage may vary on this but for me its damn near perfect. It has the largest amount of playable characters, second only to its sequel. The mechanics are all easy to learn but there is plenty of depth to them to make for addicting gameplay, and its Challenge mode is extremely enticing, picking a team captain then building your team up by recruiting players from other teams to take on Bowser (or Mario if you are playing as Bowser) just never gets old for me.

I'd probably consider its sequel even better if it weren't for the fact it uses motion controls that I wasn't crazy about.

You can just play Wiimote on the Side in Super Sluggers, that fixes some problems

I say Super Sluggers is better because it's got Graffiti Runner, which beats all other minigames by a huge margin. But Bowser's Pinball is hilarious with multiple players too. I mean, you're splaying iron spiky balls in the field hitting people???? That's FUN.

Well, I also didn't like sluggers challenge mode as much.

I would like to agree with you, but then I realized that Super Mario Strikers and Mario Strikers Charged exist. Also, within the Baseball games, I think Super Sluggers is the better of the two due to better gameplay, much improved minigames including Toy Field, and that Mario has 6/10 and 7/10s in his default stats (making him a faster runner than freaking Diddy Kong). Also, Superstar Baseball has ONE thing letting it down and that's Barrel Batter.

I actually prefer Super Sluggers's challenge mode

The one in Superstar Baseball was pretty tedious. All you do is verse against other teams with the occasional minigame and Bowser Jr. now and then to face Bowser. At least Super Sluggers had some challenges to spice things up.

Besides, Baby Luigi talks in Super Sluggers

"Boogle goo! Grabble gibble wa wa!"
"Waaaaa! Goobity bloo!"

Pure poetry right there.

Mario Party X said:
I would like to agree with you, but then I realized that Super Mario Strikers and Mario Strikers Charged exist. Also, within the Baseball games, I think Super Sluggers is the better of the two due to better gameplay, much improved minigames including Toy Field, and that Mario has 6/10 and 7/10s in his default stats (making him a faster runner than freaking Diddy Kong). Also, Superstar Baseball has ONE thing letting it down and that's Barrel Batter.

But they ruined Bowser's stats in the sequel!

Baby Luigi said:
I actually prefer Super Sluggers's challenge mode

The one in Superstar Baseball was pretty tedious. All you do is verse against other teams with the occasional minigame and Bowser Jr. now and then to face Bowser. At least Super Sluggers had some challenges to spice things up.

Besides, Baby Luigi talks in Super Sluggers

"Boogle goo! Grabble gibble wa wa!"
"Waaaaa! Goobity bloo!"

Pure poetry right there.

Reasonable. I will admit wandering around the hub did have some nice atmosphere to it.

I just think I wasn't crazy about how it was mostly mini games, no actual baseball games, at least not till the end.

Mcmadness said:
But they ruined Bowser's stats in the sequel!
That's true, I was disappointed that King K. Rool is more like the Bowser of Superstar Baseball, with dat polarizing stats.

Bowser has an insane tackle though

Compared to Baby Luigi's headbutt which goes only centimeters in distance

I'm pretty sure your tackle length is correlated to your batting power.

Not worth the decreased effectiveness of his pitching :(

Is Bowser broken in Superstar Baseball or something? I don't get his lower pitching this time around.

Well he was the second best pitcher in the game (waluigi being the best) and one of the best batters.

Really as long as he never got tired he'd always have a useful spot to be. He even had a handy special ability while in the outfield for throwing straight to home base at high speeds.

That said it never screamed broken to me.

I have to say I do like Super Sluggers better but Superstar Baseball had a great intro. I also liked the fields in Superstar Baseball such as Wario Palace and Peach Garden but I didn't like Challenge mode. Super Sluggers had better minigames and in my opinion, a better Challenge Mode.

But, of all Mario sports games, Mario Strikers Charged is the best.

Strikers charged has lots of energy and personality but I don't enjoy its base gameplay as much.

President Madagascar said:
those games havent even been released here i think

yeah i think they were just released in murica because there's no way any other country would be interested in baseball

Nysic said:

yeah i think they were just released in murica because there's no way any other country would be interested in baseball
If that's the case, why was soccer released here?

japanese companies probably dont even know what that is

tecmo super bowl never existed

Magikrazy said:
Wish it was real football

Chargin Chucks would have something to take part in.

Magikrazy said:
Nysic said:

If that's the case, why was soccer released here?
Football (soccer) is universally popular. Also, Japan has a big baseball following if I'm not mistaken, so Japanese people also enjoy their copy of Super Slugs.

Region-locked Wiis probably encouraged consumers to pirate copies of Mario Super Sluggers

Good job Nintendo. Continue making anti-pirate stuff at the cost of consumers.

Back