Names you had for video game characters before you knew their actual names

RedShell

I'm back. You didn't miss me, huh?
Others: http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=32653.0 Marioverse

Anyway, if you had a nickname for any video game character as you didn't know their real names, share them here.

Bonnie= Annoying rabbit thing
The Marionette= The Puppet Master
First time I played I read it wrong and Freddy was "Fuzzy Fredbear"

okay moving on from the spambot...

When my classmates first told me about Tails, I misheard and thought Tails was called "Prowler". I was like "uh, okay?"

also I called sonic "honic the sedgehog" at one point but that was a joke name

I called Chargin' Chucks Koopa Football Players.

I also used to call purple pikmin porple pikmin.
That was also a joke, but I didn't hear of the creator of the wiki at that point.

On a somewhat related note, I thought of a Cat Mario before Nintendo did.

Nozomi Toujou said:
When my classmates first told me about Tails, I misheard and thought Tails was called "Prowler". I was like "uh, okay?"
Tails' name is Miles Prower. I couldn't tell you where I found that...

Megamario15 said:
I used to call purple pikmin porple pikmin.
That was also a joke, but I didn't hear of the creator of the wiki at that point.

Nozomi Toujou said:

What do you mean? It's right before the title screen in Sonic 2.

I don't remember any nicknames as when I discovered their true names I made sure to erase such nickname for my memory

Meta Knight said:
Megamario15 said:
I used to call purple pikmin porple pikmin.

Nozomi Toujou said:

What do you mean? It's right before the title screen in Sonic 2.

I don't remember any nicknames as when I discovered their true names I made sure to erase such nickname for my memory
I've never played Sonic 2.
Or any Sonic games.

If it makes you feel better I accidentally called Bowser "Browser" because of a mishearing when I was younger

Meta Knight said:
If it makes you feel better I accidentally called Bowser "Browser" because of a mishearing when I was younger
it was when I was younger so it's not really embarrasing but lol I did that once when I was, like, 8

I assign them to a colour. If a purple clothed NPC shows up for a second time in a game, I'll remember them as the purple character from earlier.

I guess I'd rather categorize them instead of creating elaborate nicknames. If they're important enough, the game will give me their name eventually.

Back