Opinions on Wii U Stages?

Nysic

Power Star
I think this version has WAAAY better stage choices than the 3DS. Here are some that stood out to me.

Kalos Pokemon League
My all-time favorite in the game. I love all the stage transformations, especially the Steel one. ALSO DAT CYNTHIA'S THEME REMIX HNNNNG

Mushroom Kingdom U
Nice simple stage with some cool transformations. Nabbit isn't a problem to me at all, he's really easy to KO.

Mario Circuit
I knew I would love this one as soon as I saw it. It's so fun with all the weird places you get set down, especially the one where you're directly below a part of the track and the Shy Guys can jump and hit you.

Port Town Aero Dive
So glad this one's back. It was my favorite stage in Brawl. I don't really know why, I just love it.

Duck Hunt
Nice and simple. I was really expecting this stage to suck, but then I found out it didn't have walk-offs or stage hazards. Plus, that Duck Hunt Medley is really catchy.

Too many gimmicks like Nabbit, Ridley, and the angry British robot thing on Guar Plains. It feels like there aren't that many stages, probably because there are so many that never get picked(mostly playing local multiplayer) because they're just not that fun, either because of the gimmicks or because they're gigantic. I guess all the huge stages like Palutena's Empire and The Great Cave Offensive are designed with 8 player smash in mind but with 8 tiny players jumping around such huge stages I doubt I could even follow what's going on.

In closing, dear god why did they bring back 75m?

Pretty sure they just brought it back for 8-Player Smash. Even then, why it? I would have even preferred New Pork City...

75m is still a pretty ----ty stage.

At least they didn't return Mario Bros.

Most of the stages they returned were good. The only ones I can think of that I don't like are the aforementioned 75m and Skyworld.

I'm absolutely in love with the Gamer stage. I'm so happy that Satanic Slendermom is a stage hazard there! :') Although I was initially disappointed with the music choices, Ruins and Performance worked pretty well with the atmosphere and sounded like good sneaking around music.

Why have Big Battlefield when normal Battlefield is already a perfect size for 12 player matches?

My opinion is that there should've been a Paper Mario stage on the Wii U representing all the good games while the 3DS gets a Mario & Luigi stage.

As for the ones we have, well, Mario Galaxy is easily my favorite. I don't like the idea of Jungle Hijinks being two planes. I haven't played much on that stage but that just seems easy to lose track of your character and it could turn into a constant chase where one player goes to the foreground as the other goes to the background.

meh i don't really care what games get represented on the stage

the paper mario stage itself was pretty bleh anyway

Eh, the Bowser's Castle part was the only annoying one. I didn't mind the wind in the first section and the second section was perfect.

The second one was the only one I liked

The fan was pretty irritating and the Bowser's Castle one, while CPU SD's are giggle-worthy, is also a hassle to fight on.

I like a lot of the stages. My favorites would be Mario Galaxy, Kalos Pokemon League, Gamer, and I'm glad they brought Bridge of Eldin back.

Duck Hunt is probably my favorite new stage. Just enough platforms to keep things interesting and I have a good time trying to "shoot" all the ducks that appear.

I also like Gamer a whole lot more than I thought I would.

Too many gimmicks. I'm avoiding the hazards and gimmicks, unlike in previous games where they added some mindless fun. We should have some more neutral stages.

Some stages I actually like don't allow for Star KOs, which is really disappointing. Super Mario Bros. U, Mario Kart 8, and Great Cave Offensive. Yes, I'm a Star KO junkie.

In Great Cave Offensive's case, it has to be Giant Smash, 2.0 ratio, and it's grab the coins or else it's not really fun. I really wish it was giant 8-player Smash.

Also, I just wish that ALL stages are available for 8 players. It's strange considering that original Battlefield and Kongo Jungle 64 are available, but Pyrosphere isn't.

I haven't played every course but i do like some, Jungle Hijinx feels a little like a chase, the CPUs always flee to the back. The Yellow Devil in Wily's Castle is annoying, especially when Doug that one event with Pikachu and Pac-Man.

As for Port Town Aero Dive, they didn't bring back Brawl's Mute City version!?! :'(

This time around I like Final Destination and the Omega versions. I never like flat stages but these stand out.

Maki Nishikino said:
FD Wrecking Crew is gorgeous.
this and Mario Galaxy are basically the only omega stages I pick because they're so good.

Gamer, non-FD Wrecking Crew, Duck Hunt and Pilotwings are my favourite new stages. So much fun to play on.

I think I've said it before, but there are a lot of travelling stages like Delfino Island. They're not bad per se, it's just the gimmick feels a little overused, and some parts of those stages could've been stationary stages that'd work just as well. Wuhu Island comes to mind (the swordfighting platform really should've been the omega form of the stage), it was kinda unnecessary to travel around the whole island when we've got Pilotwings already doing that.

That's a really minor gripe though, nearly every stage on the Wii U is amazing, though Pac-Land just sucks.

YoshiGo99 said:
I haven't played every course but i do like some, Jungle Hijinx feels a little like a chase, the CPUs always flee to the back. The Yellow Devil in Wily's Castle is annoying, especially when Doug that one event with Pikachu and Pac-Man.

As for Port Town Aero Dive, they didn't bring back Brawl's Mute City version!?! :'(

This time around I like Final Destination and the Omega versions. I never like flat stages but these stand out.
I mostly agree with the first part, but i thought that the mentioned event was pretty easy.

Brawl's version of Mute City is unlockable; it has been renamed to "Mute City Ver. 2."

I really enjoy most of the Omega stages, but a few are subpar.

GBAToad said:
I think I've said it before, but there are a lot of travelling stages like Delfino Island. They're not bad per se, it's just the gimmick feels a little overused, and some parts of those stages could've been stationary stages that'd work just as well. Wuhu Island comes to mind (the swordfighting platform really should've been the omega form of the stage), it was kinda unnecessary to travel around the whole island when we've got Pilotwings already doing that.
I agree.

GBAToad said:
That's a really minor gripe though, nearly every stage on the Wii U is amazing, though Skyworld just sucks.
Fixed.

off the top of my head:

God-tier stage-wise:
-Great Cave Offensive
-Mario Galaxy
-Gamer
-Orbital Gate Assault

Trash-tier stage-wise
-Pac-Land
-Skyworld
-75m

Best music-wise
-Mario Galaxy
-Luigi's Mansion
-Onett

Trash-tier music-wise
-75m
-Skyworld

Conclusion: 75m and Skyworld were shit in Brawl and are still shit now.

Back