Inside Out

this shows how much i care for disney/pixar outside of kingdom hearts

because i havnt even heard of this.
Shameful, really, because Finding Nemo is one of my favourite animated movies, heck probably even my second favourite afte the spongebob movie.

Sapphire said:
Already? It's been advertising for 7 months at least.
I don't know, I was living under a rock. I don't watch TV and I don't look at newspapers or anything.

Okay, just saw the movie.

Before I give my spiel of things, Inside Out was #2 for the weekend (thanks Jurassic World), but it was it still made records for the best opening weekend for an original Movie, at 91.1 Million (the previous record was held by Avatar at 77 Million). It was also the second best weekend for a Pixar movie, just coming behind Toy Story 3, which had about ~110 Million.

And omg, this movie definitely deserves being compared to the best like Wall-E, Finding Nemo, and the Toy Story movies. I was crying through a ton of the scenes in the movie, and it definitely had a mature theme and lesson in this movie. It was so emotional, pun silghtly intended.

The ads made it seem like it would just be showing how the emotions control how things are runned in the brain, and that joy was of course was missing so the other emotions had to improvise, but I didn't think it would get so deep. It brought on a lot of topics that I was hoping that would bring up. Sadness was kind of running amuck for a bit because while Joy was keeping things positive, but Riley was going through a really bad time. She just moved away from her home, and everything was different, and her friends were gone and her home was not really a home, and just feeling like nothing was right. It was obvious that Sadness felt like doing something because Riley was depressed, and the fact that a new Core Memory was made from Sadness, it showed that it was getting bad.

They really talked about depression throughout it, to the point where they basically talked about extreme depression where you don't even feel any emotions. I mean, at the end you can just see how the panel was slowly turning off because there was nothing left. She had no emotion, and it was very scary. Sadness was able to turn off the idea to run away, because you need sadness so that you can get it out of you, talk it out, and find people to help you. Riley was enclosed in herself, and she was just making it worse. Once she finally just broke down and had her parents there to help her, it was not so much so happy anymore. Her core memories were given to sadness, because change was needed.

And that's basically what they talked about was just that...change. Fleeting of childhood, fleeting of what you used to be, and having to change. Everything was just breaking down, all her core memories that defined who she was, and her having to change. I think the saddest part was when her imaginary friend sacrificed himself so that joy could escape the dump. I was holding back just breaking down and sobbing, my lip quivering because of just how heartbreaking it was, especially since you knew that he just wanted to spend one more moment with Riley, to see her "go to the moon" in their fantasy rocket ship. Riley was growing up, and her childhood was slowing fading away.

God this movie just...it really hit home on making you feel. It probably was the most relatable movies Pixar has done, and damn. Yeah, it had some of those stereotypical characters, but I felt that having an extremely complex main character and emotions needed stereotypical characters to lighten the mood. I guess I would even argue that it was best to have some stereotypical characters so they didn't overdo it on some things.

Sapphire said:
Lumastar said:
I guess it's just because it's been about two years since the last Pixar movie.
It has been because I was so psyched for HTTYD to win best animated movie last year since there was no Pixar movies :rolleyes:
It's okay it lost, even if it did deserve it, because you know it deserved it. High six!

But it's the exact same concept. A person being controlled by littler people living inside them.

Way to be creative, Pixar.

And your next movie is just a rip off of Jurassic World. Can you make one single creative movie, please?

It's like every single one of your movies are rip offs.

Magikrazy said:
But it's the exact same concept. A person being controlled by littler people living inside them.

And your next movie is just a rip off of Jurassic World. Can you make one single creative movie, please?

i cant tell if you're being serious or not...

Epic Nitwit said:
Magikrazy said:

i cant tell if you're being serious or not...
Of course I'm not. I was making fun of those people that say "oh this movie is pretty much the same as this other movie".

Edit: shit I just realized I already made a comparison to meet dave in this thread

after cars 2 and brave i thought pixar had lost their touch and this looked pretty bad too from the first trailer

i just saw and it and all i can say is wow pixar is back baby ;D really great and cute film

see this movie you will cry i promise

Pretty good movie.

Although not the perfect masterpiece everyone else thinks it is, imo. Like, the imaginary friend never clicked with me, so when he sacrificed himself, I was like "ok, whatever". Plus, as soon as the wagon fell in, I knew that'd how they'd get out of the pit - which was pretty clearly gonna be where they ended up at, although I was surprised that Sadness stayed out, and totally didn't see the fake boyfriend being a second Chekov's gun coming, and the misadventures along the way were good (like the memory erasing people: so true). Kinda sad they went with stereotypical clowns and broccoli fear, but w/e. Also, if it took her the whole damn day to get the bus depot (what'd she do, pick the furthest one away?), she shouldn't've gotten home so fast.

The angry dinner scene also escalated way too fast on the dad's part - when you're usually-perfect-and-cheerful kid's upset after her first day of school, you don't flip the hell out and lecture her about being disrespectful: her angry reaction was totally justified after that. Riley herself was realistic in her emotions throughout: losing all your friends and sleeping on the floor while your parents bicker downstairs would make anyone sad, but then feeling pressure to be the happy face for your parents forces you to internalize it, which breeds resentment - and the emotionless numbness setting in's pretty classic depression portrayal. Running away was a bit rash, but eh, whatever, kids r dumb sometimes, I guess, especially when they're angry and scared. And I did love the final breakdown scene - I almost cried, but only because I've been having a shitty week myself and was feeling empathetic.

Also, the ending montage of all the other peoples' emotion was hilarious. Best part of the movie.

Walkazo said:
Pretty good movie.

Like, the imaginary friend never clicked with me, so when he sacrificed himself, I was like "ok, whatever".

I just...that scene hit me hard. I was already holding back tears the entire time, and then I saw Bing Bong hop out of the wagon and my heart just sank. The tears were just rolling as I was just like "ahhhh!"

I may just be a crybaby, but I think I really felt emotional during this movie because there was a lot of things that really hit home with things I've faced/deal with a lot, and probably why I really enjoyed it.

And that dad scene, it might have been the time limit, or dragging it out might have been redundant, but the dad could have been stressed about the moving truck taking forever and probably was like Riley with being upset about all the sudden change. Plus, sometimes you just have short tempers where it doesn't take much to push your buttons.

Oh man that twist.

None of it's real. It's all in her head.

But no one told me it was going to be an interactive movie.

everyone in the audience started crying when sadness took the wheel

I mean who knew a movie about personified emotions could be so emotional

Oh, ok. This is apparently the thing I keep seeing in youtube advertisements.

Said advertisements aren't exactly doing the best job on making me interested in the movie. The exact opposite is the case actually; It annoys me every time the trailer comes on.

Like, first and most glaring of all: The audio track is broken. Whenever the commercial comes on, sound only comes from the left speaker. I don't know if they just did a shit job dubbing the thing, but it seriously pisses me off because I'm super paranoid about my speakers breaking, so every time that happens I am like "Shit! Oh wait, it's just that dumb thing again!"

And then there's the trailer itself. You go into the head of the dad, and ha ha ha, his emotions are watching a sports game instead of paying attention to his wife and daughter. You go into the head of the mom, and ha ha ha, she's naggy and emotional. Geddit? Because that's how parents are, gender roles are so funny, let's reinforce them, hooray!

Is the actual movie anything like that? Because I've totally seen good things be ruined by shitty advertizing, and I'm wondering if they just shot themselves in the foot by misrepresenting their own work. I don't want to judge the whole thing based on the shitty ads.

Do not believe the trailers. This is one of Pixar's best films in my opinion. Right up there with the Toy Stories and Finding Nemo. The creativity, emotion (heh), and comedy in this movie are all great.

Valid reason to use AdBlock #37: Movie trailers won't make a movie annoying.

Speaking of which I kind of hate going to see kid's movies at the cinema because the trailers always show much lazier kids's stuff like Alvin and the Chipmunks 4 (HOW IS THERE A FOURTH) and Hotel Transylvania 2

Back