Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

SiFi

Star Spirit
Pronouns
he/him
MarioWiki
SiFi
Before the Game & Watch Gallery series, there was a game called Game Boy Gallery released exclusively in PAL territories. It included a remake of Mario's Cement Factory, but changed the title to "Cement Factory" and had you playing as a generic character. It also had a remake of Ball, starring this guy.

KWHbiCj.png

The NinDB page is pretty convinced that this is Mario, but I'm not so sure. Let's look at the facts:

• Despite what NinDB says, the hat is nothing like Mario's.
  • The manual refers to him as a "marionette", which could be a clever pun or it could just be a simple description. Considering what the original version of Ball looked like, it's possible that the developers felt that making him a puppet was the best way to translate the arm movements of the original.
  • What looks like a moustache may actually be an open mouth
  • He's wearing overalls and gloves like Mario, but unlike Mario's outfit, the arms and legs are bare.

Discuss. And maybe also discuss whether the overall game is worth having an article on the Wiki.

It's a generic marionette as far as I can tell, and I think the "moustache" is an open mouth. Mario doesn't have rosy cheeks, either.

I've thought some more about the Wiki thing and maybe we could say that some people believe it to Mario and cite NinDB as a source, and then add "but this is unconfirmed". It'd probably also be worth mentioning that the game's version of Flagman was reused with new graphics in Wario Land 2.

We can't do that because it's considered speculation (i.e. people drawing conclusions from graphical limitations and not much else). The Flagman thing could be mentioned, though.

NinDB you lying sons of bitches.

VtV6TK7.png

It's too creepy and unsettling to be Mario.

By the way, even in NinDB they didn't say it's Mario; they said the doll is dressed like him, even though the thing about the M emblem and the mustache is most likely a stretch.

Back