Minecraft thread

Stargazing said:
so you still technically have to pay for a minecraft account
you don't have to pay for an account, those are free
you gotta pay for the game though

so I was thinking of coming and taking over the server but a brief play session revealed it now runs at about 3fps so I'm either going to delete some stuff or leave it

Zae Eildus said:
sounds pretty silly
wait what
Kavitha Thakur said:
Stargazing said:
so you still technically have to pay for a minecraft account
you don't have to pay for an account, those are free
you gotta pay for the game though
yeah you can download minecraft and play it but it will automatically lock all the blocks after thirty minutes, preventing you from doing anything until you pay for the full "premium" version
Kavitha Thakur said:
so I was thinking of coming and taking over the server but a brief play session revealed it now runs at about 3fps so I'm either going to delete some stuff or leave it
wait what

wait what

why should you pay for an account?

i mean isnt buying the game good enough?

then again i guess its mostly online stuff, but still.

Javelin said:
Kavitha Thakur said:
wait what
well 3 fps is probably an exaggeration but it's too slow to consider playing online/survival
I'm going to try to delete some mods or worlds in case I've just stuffed the thing so much it can't walk any more
well, i would be going to if i could be bothered
it's sad i used to spend like whole days doing nothing but minecraft and i haven't played it since june now i think

Zae Eildus said:
wait what

why should you pay for an account?

i mean isnt buying the game good enough?

then again i guess its mostly online stuff, but still.
ok let me try to explain it for a third time

you can make an account for free, and download a minecraft demo for free. in the demo you can play singleplayer and do whatever you want for thirty minutes, at which point it locks down the world. the full version lets you play for longer than thirty minutes and do multiplayer

to obtain the full version you have to put money on your account and buy the full game
Kavitha Thakur said:
Javelin said:
Kavitha Thakur said:
wait what
well 3 fps is probably an exaggeration but it's too slow to consider playing online/survival
I'm going to try to delete some mods or worlds in case I've just stuffed the thing so much it can't walk any more
well, i would be going to if i could be bothered
it's sad i used to spend like whole days doing nothing but minecraft and i haven't played it since june now i think
i'm kinda used to super lag from playing on turb's server, lol. it's locked at daytime though so you don't have to worry about mobs as much

also whenever you see one you can usually run up it and whack it fifty times before the server updates, at which point the mob will recieve damage from fifty attacks and die. the downside is that if there's multiple mobs the server might update and suddenly they're all on top of you and you instantly take a dozen attacks and die

ok let me try to explain it for a third time

you can make an account for free, and download a minecraft demo for free. in the demo you can play singleplayer and do whatever you want for thirty minutes, at which point it locks down the world. the full version lets you play for longer than thirty minutes and do multiplayer

ooooh okay that makes sense

woops sorry

Spoiler Alert:
Microscoft Bought Mojang

They're making everythin in Minecraft that used
to be free cost Money

Cause those Cheapskates are doing it for the Money!

I have pocket edition. Currently trying to build an entire zombie world. But I have to block out the sun for that otherwise...well we know what happens when I spawn the zombies.

Iggy Koopa7777 said:
Spoiler Alert:
Microscoft Bought Mojang

They're making everythin in Minecraft that used
to be free cost Money

Cause those Cheapskates are doing it for the Money!
orlly

tell me when the pc, pe, xbox, and ps3 versions didn't cost money

Is there a command in 1.7.10 that allows teleportation between two dimensions? I'm making a modded parkour map and the first cutscene consists of a noob watching Mobzilla tear up the village dimension. I don't want people to have to click a rainbow ant to progress through the cutscene.

As far as I know it's not possible to do it with base commands. From what I'm reading on the minecraft forums, supposedly you can use a command block's "warp" function, place that in the dimension you want them to teleport to, and then warp them to the command block.

I'm not entirely certain how you would go about doing that, but it's a start.

Back