I'm personally not that into Super Mario 3D World.

Cirdec said:
3D World is good but does not reach the level of the Galaxy games. Mainly because levels are a race to the flagpole. The star system was better in galaxy, it has more open world, more diverse missions thanks to comets, a good gravity gimmick, and has an amazing soundtrack.

if you can even call that open.

Zae Eildus said:
Cirdec said:
3D World is good but does not reach the level of the Galaxy games. Mainly because levels are a race to the flagpole. The star system was better in galaxy, it has more open world, more diverse missions thanks to comets, a good gravity gimmick, and has an amazing soundtrack.

Anything with mutliple missions with different goals is more open than what's in the "3D" games.

The only things that are different are a time limit and a change of presentation, specifically how missions in the Galaxy games take place in different parts of the same location in any given galaxy, while every area in the 3D games is visited once or twice and is distinct from every other. Organizationally, they are about equally linear.

King Antasma said:
Zae Eildus said:
Cirdec said:

Anything with mutliple missions with different goals is more open than what's in the "3D" games.

That's hardly open.

As m4e said they all take place in one stage, there is hardly any exploration whatsoever, and god knows every damn world in the galaxy games are as linear as final fantasy 13.

Well aside from the ff13's post game anyway, that shit is huge.

(Sees title) YOU SPOONY BARD! [mothergothel]I'm just teasing![/mothergothel] Actually, I don't have a Wii U, but I'm getting one for Christmas.

Back