If Duck Hunt, Mr. Game and Watch, ROB, and the Ice Climbers got Series Revivals

SonicMario

Star Spirit
What do you think the new games for these characters that haven't had a true new game since the 80s?

I'll give some thoughts on all 4.

For Duck Hunt, they could just easily have an eShop game for the Wii U that is a pretty much full remake of Duck Hunt that uses the Wii Remote as a point and shoot similar to quite a bit of shooting games that made it on the Wii with maybe a few fun bonus stuff. (Heck Wii Play's shooting game I believe actually had the Ducks from Duck Hunt appear that gave you extra points. But this doesn't count as a revival of Duck Hunt). But another idea takes inspiration from the fact that the Dog and a Duck is now a team in making something of a Platformer that might even have some shooting elements to it. Some people have even said they could make Nintendo's own Banjo-Kazooie like games just that they wouldn't be Banjo Kazooie but the main stuff would be the same with the Duck able to carry the Dog throughout the world.

I know technically Mr. Game and Watch has been the better off of the four given the Game & Watch Gallery games on the Game Boy that were made throughout the 90s. And in a way Game & Wario kinda counts since they share a name. But Game & Wario playing it still felt more like a WarioWare game through and through. It's actually hard to come up with what they could do with Mr. Game and Watch these days if he were actually to get more games. What's be neat to see though is brand new Game and Watch games that are only about a dollar or so on the eShop that you can get on your 3DS. Given the fact that the 3DS has two screens like alot of the old Game & Watches it's be a pretty neat way of reviving the character at least a little outside of Smash.

With ROB, why not get a game that actually has ROB in the game (And I don't mean riding a Kart like he did in Mario Kart DS) and maybe takes some inspiration from his Smash Moveset for some fun. Maybe a new Gyromite that is a Puzzle-esque platformer game could work. (As I doubt Stack Up is the greatest idea for a sequel)

And as for the Ice Climbers. As small of a chance of it is especially since they've been cut from Smash 4 so there may be less need for them to feel more in the spotlight. They could offer a decent eShop game where you can climb mountains and in Co-Op mode if you find another player you can use teamwork to scale things more effectively.

That's what I got so far. What do you think would be good ideas of these characters ever got a revival for their series?

Cirdec said:
None of these series deserve a revival before F-Zero gets one.

All in due course xP

But this is just hypothetical anyway, it's really doubtful any of them will get anything anytime soon.

If Ice Climbers get revived, I'd rather they have some kind of action adventure game with an actual villain and boss fights with the Polar Bears, Topis and condor as minions.

Likewise for R.O.B., well, if Capcom's not going to do anything with Mega Man, then Nintendo should make a parody with R.O.B. as the protagonist.

As for Game and Watch, some new Game and Watch gallery games would be nice.

And Duck Hunt should be either sold or never see the light of day ever again.

yet another chance to combine some series to make one epic game

duck hunt dog, mr game and watch, rob, ice climbers in

NINTENDO'S FINEST

Out of all of them an Ice Climbers revival is the most likely and the one I'd like the most. They could really do a lot with them.

I'd like a new Ice Climber game if y'all don't mind

I'd like the Ice Climbers getting revived, maybe to make up for their cut that Sakurai probably felt guilty for doing.

Ice Climbers: Uprising

Now with witty dialogue, horrible controls and oversaturation in the next Smash!

Plain Ol Giga12 said:

Now with witty dialogue, horrible controls and oversaturation in the next Smash!

well at least kid icarus uprising was pretty good aside from the controls.

But anyway id like to see ice climbers if anything. They were cut short out of ssb4 and plenty of people liked them in melee and brawl, and they never made an actual comeback outside of the smash games.

Quite sad to be honest with you.

Plain Ol Giga12 said:

This would be the most fantastic thing ever.

"WE ONCE FELL, BUT WE HAVE ROSE AGAIN" -ice climbers

I'd really like a new Ice Climber.

Back