Custom Moves

Nysic

Power Star
What do you think of them? Which are your favorites? What are your custom movesets?

In my opinion, they're great. It's just extremely annoying to unlock them all (Once in classic, I literally got the same move 4 times). The only character with all the custom moves unlocked for me is R.O.B., but Duck Hunt and Bowser only have 1 or 2 left to get. My favorite custom moves include Charizard's Fire Fang, Bowser's Dash Slam, (Perfect for Bowsercide) and R.O.B.'s Robo Blastoff and Burning Gyro.

I think Rosalina's single starbit is better than the multiple ones. It's got more range and more power.

? Block said:
I think Rosalina's single starbit is better than the multiple ones. It's got more range and more power.
I use her single starbit. I love it so much 0w0

I like the 3rd Orbitars for Pit and Dark Pit. Doubles the damage of the reflected projectile, now if only the end lag wasn't atrocious. The 2nd Orbitars do physical damage but are kind of risky because of said end lag.

total pain in the ass to unlock but completely worth it (for most characters) for swapping out mediocre specials and for variety. I've got loadouts for all of my mains plus a few extra characters:

*Lucario's custom up special 1 is insane, I've recovered from just about everything with it.
*For Wario, Inhale Chomp is infinitely better than his regular Chomp, and having the Heavy Bike (somuchfun) is totally manageable with the Corkscrew Leap as his recovery.
*Ness having Lucas' recovery is fantastic, and PK Bonfire is fun to use (but super punishable as I've learned). shame his pk flash customs all suck just as much as the original move does.
*I think that Pushy Lloid/Garden are better than their originals (though losing pocket's power hurts a bit), and landing a Giant Tree feels oh so satisfying.
*You aren't fit enough to handle Sweeping Sun Salutation + Volatile Breathing.

of course, there are some characters which don't really gain much from customs, like I really don't see the point in changing Robin's moves, they're alright as is (except maybe swapping nos for goetia to deal more damage). a few characters also have customs which are mostly useless, such as Ness' Rising PK Flash and Lucario's long distance force palm and snaring aura sphere.

all around however I think they're a great addition to Smash Bros, I just wish that they were way more accessible than having to tediously grind through classic and smash run just to get one of them, and that they were usable in more modes (online w/ anyone would be great, even if it's in for fun)

screw equipment though, it's alright in smash run but horrible in vs. mode [nobbc]:mad:[/nobbc]

Link's Silver Arrows look a lot more useful than his normal arrows, and that meteor bombs look like they'll be very useful once you get used to them falling to the ground more rapidly/having a very low throwing curve.

Maki Nishikino said:
Game Boy Toadvance said:
mostly useless, such as Ness' Rising PK Flash
I remember seeing someone say that it was a pretty good anti-air option, is it really that bad?
like his regular flash I can never manage to connect it properly without having the opponent completely helpless (and it doesn't do much until about three times ness' height) but yeah I take back what I said, it's so much better for following up than his regular

Anyone is an avid user of Mario / Dr. Mario's Gust Cape? It's like FLUDD, but better. I'd like to use High-Pressure FLUDD in conjunction with Gust Cape, but I haven't done that quite yet.

If custom moves are banned in tournaments, I'll be sad. Mario needs more Gust Cape in his life.

Dr. Mario said:
Anyone is an avid user of Mario / Dr. Mario's Gust Cape? It's like FLUDD, but better. I'd like to use High-Pressure FLUDD in conjunction with Gust Cape, but I haven't done that quite yet.

If custom moves are banned in tournaments, I'll be sad. Mario needs more Gust Cape in his life.

I prefer Shocking Cape and Scalding FLUDD.

Marth said:
Dr. Mario said:

I prefer Shocking Cape and Scalding FLUDD.
Those two are good, though, although Shocking Cape doesn't reflect things, nor does it have that push thing Gust Cape has; it might not be great when it comes to recovering compared to Gust Cape.

R.O.B. said:
Doc's One-Two Punch is awesome
I like it, but Dr. Mario has a terrible recovery, I don't like attaching an even worse recovery to him. :/

I guess, but they're just reskins of Mario's custom moves.

And that flips me out.

Dr. Mario needs more creative customs. They either copy Mario or Luigi. I mean, seriously, MEGA Mega Vitamins?

Kirby has some interesting ones, and it's fun to assign certain moves to different colours, like the Blue ones being Ice with high defence.

Also, Custom moves (combined with custom parts) make the Koopalings much more interesting, as it makes then seem to have a different play style.

I like Super Jump more than Super Jump Punch because I'd prefer to have a good recovery move. I don't really like Super Jump Punch as a recovery move.

I'd really prefer it if there were two brackets for SSB4 - one regular and one with custom moves.

Haven't toyed with other characters yet, but Mega Man's special moves are eeeh. I don't have any Metal Blade customs, but Ice Slasher isn't very consistent with its freezing effect so it isn't a very good tradeoff. I still have to play around with Danger Wrap. Tornado Hold is too vertically-focused compared to Rush Coil, but Beat is fantastic. Plant Barrier is probably the best custom for Mega Man's down+B, but that move in general sucks anyways so it doesn't matter.

Back