Who do you main in Smash 4?

I'm gonna drop Mii Brawler, so now my main is Bowser, with secondaries Yoshi and maybe one of my old Brawl mains Toon Link, Dedede or Wario in the future.

Groden said:
I really don't get the idea of listing any character you're reasonably good with as a main opposed to simply a character you can just play, since I sincerely doubt every one of them will be equally skilled and is your go-to pick for a 50-50 match, but that's just me
I agree with this too, and plus having multiple "mains" doesn't really make the definition of a "main", now does it? =P

ANYWAY... My usage of characters (similar to Smogon's tiering but anyway)

Uberused (aka THE main): Ness
Overused: Mario > Yoshi (aka my Trollshi) >>> Luigi
Underused: Peach >>> Charizard
Rarelyused: Fox >>> Kirby >>> Palutena >> Zelda >> Jigglypuff

And then Lucas will likely be in my Overused as well lol

- A LOT of people respect my Ness and hell he's been my go-to since Brawl. And I love hearing the irony that "omg Ness OP pls nerf" but his moveset got nerfed from Brawl as I've reiterated many times. :p

- Mario tends to be my hand warmer, or in other words, my "warm-up" character. Sometimes I struggle with getting the KO with him tho. =P

- My Trollshi LOVES the Eggs, catches you with Egg Lay or Grabs many times, and don't forget the Nair and Jabs. <3
Also anytime you ever see me Egg Roll it's on accident, I either meant to Egg Toss or do an Egg Lay lol.

- Luigi is my infamous grabber and I love his Nair as well. Sometimes I get something stupid happening with Cyclone though, where I barely rise but I clearly mash the B button RIGHT after inputting a Jump, so it's kind of annoying. Also what is annoying is trying to pivot F-Smash or U-Smash but get the laggy dash attack.

- I swear my Peach has a thing for Mr. Saturns; when I get one it can cause some seriously stupid shield breaks (I glare at the FFA Icemario and I had a while ago); Turnip traps, Peach Bomber and Parasol KOs are hella fun, and so are the float mindgames. With her though my Circle Pad seems to give me Smash as opposed to the Tilts the most, so it's kind of irritating.

- Charizard is super grab happy, but the thing that turns me off is how easy it is to juggle him and the fact that he can't punish rolls for his life and sometimes I misinput Flare Blitz that leads to my SD. He's super fun to use and Flare Blitz is so damn satisfying lol.

- I actually don't use Fox for his infamous U-Smash; I net my KOs moreso via D-Smash and ledge trumps, but lately I've been learning to use the Bair more for KOs and plus it doesn't help when I try to do a running U-Smash I get the Dash Attack lol. I kind of know the Double Jab Combo and I'm also kinda grab happy with him too.

- Kirby loves Tilts and Grabs for days, and usually I just fish for Hammers... Which usually doesn't work out but hey it's fun and satisfying to hit lol. Especially when you read a roll.

- Pally (what I call her)... GOOD GOD why does everything have a billion years of lag and the counter and reflector are so overshadowed lol. Nonetheless I think I picked her up just for her Side Taunt and plus she's the first newcomer I've tried. U-Smash is very satisfying to land, but I get irritated when I try pivot grabs and I get her laggy as hell reverse F-Tilt lol. She's a challenge to use, for sure.

- Zelda got nerfed from Brawl, but I took up the challenge and she's fun to use. Lightning Kicks are damn fun and so is landing the Farore's Wind sweetspot! (Seriously tho why does she have the slowest Jab in the game, unreliable Smashes that don't connect too well and then the Lightning Kicks have bad landing lag lol)

- Jigglypuff I literally used due to Alpharad and it's hella fun with the Rest. Also, my friend seems to get the red spark on me with Greninja when I use her but more often than not I live it lol. Thanks for being misleading game!

I main every single character.
shrug.gif

That's what defines MY main, lol. :fancy:

Pascal said:
Gamefreak75 said:
shrug.gif

ah so you are one of those people
nofunallowed.jpg

Besides, I've already expressed my disdain for playing as certain characters, such as Peach, Jigglypuff, dark pit, and dr. mario.

Since we can't have fun on marioboards, my serious answer for the character I use the most is Ness.

Why don't you just main the random slot?

Gamefreak75 said:
Pascal said:
Gamefreak75 said:
shrug.gif

ah so you are one of those people
nofunallowed.jpg

Besides, I've already expressed my disdain for playing as certain characters, such as Peach, Jigglypuff, dark pit, and dr. mario.

Since we can't have fun on marioboards, my serious answer for the character I use the most is Ness.

i was just messing around :'(

but i dont understand people randomizing, seems difficult to me.

I guess it's a self challenge, lol. It's probably I play my games so chaotically sometimes. Huh, GameFreak, maybe you should play with random customizations too!

GalacticPetey said:
Mario Party Σ said:
That's what defines MY main, lol. :fancy:
Mario's actually pretty good this time around. So that's nice.
I was thinking about Mario in general, but you're right that Mario is decent, I guess.

currently learning rosaluma, she'll probably be one of my secondaries
it'd probably look like this

Mains
R.O.B., Roy

Secondaries
Mario, Rosaluma

Re: Who are you going to main in Smash 4?

CategoryCharacters
MainMario
SecondariesPeach, Toon Link, Roy
TertiariesZelda, Lucas, Robin, Shulk, Lucina, Marth
Not Quite TertiaryLuigi, Jigglypuff
Rarely/Never UseAnyone not mentioned
Roy has joined the ranks, whereas I've stopped caring about using Rosalina and maybe Diddy Kong.

TierCharacters
MainsLucas, Peach, Ness, Pikachu, King Dedede, Game and Watch, Mario, Lucina, Yoshi, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Kirby, Villager
Mains-In-TrainingRobin, Donkey Kong, Toon Link, Roy, Wario, Zelda, Jigglypuff, Little Mac, Pit, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, Shulk, Duck Hunt, R.O.B
Rusty MainsRosalina & Luma, Diddy Kong, Luigi, Marth
Lucas has become possibly my best main, Roy is hovering around the training zone, and Luigi and Marth are rusty. No other changes.

Back