SSE type story with SSB4 roster (chapter 2 out)

Re: SSE type story with SSB4 roster (chapter 1 out)

After finally finishing this, here is Chapter 2: Bowser in its entirety.
The two plumbers finally made it to Bowser's Castle, hoping for some answers. Mario knocked on the door.
Luigi: Hey, Mario?
Mario: Yes, Luigi?
Luigi: Why do we always go that way?
Mario: What do you mean?
Luigi: Whenever we need to get to Bowser's-a Castle, we take the exact same route.
Mario: I have-a no idea what you're-a talking about.
Luigi: But-
Mario: Quiet. Someone's answering the door!
The door creaked open, and one Hammer Bro greeted the two.
Hammer Bro: Oh, it's you guys. What do youse want?
Mario explained what had happened to Princess Peach and her castle.
Hammer Bro: Sorry, boys. I don't know nothin' about that. If the big man nabbed the princess, she'd be here. You know how he works.
Luigi: Please-a forgive us if we don't believe you.
Mario: Yeah, you won't mind if we look around, will you?
Hammer Bro: No chance! The boss don't wants-ta be disturbed right now.
Suddenly, a voice boomed throughout the castle.
???: WHO'S AT THE DOOR?
The Hammer Bro turned to see King Koopa himself, Bowser.
Hammer Bro: Oh! Uh, hello King Bowser! It's n-nobody important!
Bowser: It's Mario and Luigi, isn't it?
Hammer Bro: Y-yes...
Bowser: Let them in. I wish to speak with them.
Mario and Luigi stepped inside the castle.
Bowser: Follow me to my office.
They walked down the castle's corridor, passing several Hammer Bros, Dry Bones, and other baddies. They finally made it to a large door with Bowser's face on it.
Bowser: Take a seat.
Mario and Luigi sat down.
Bowser: I have a feeling that you two came here today because of the disappearance of Princess Peach and her castle. Is this true?
Mario: Indeed, it is. Wait, how did you know about this?
Bowser: I was headed towards the castle last night when I saw it disappear before my eyes.
The brothers glared at the turtle king.
Bowser: Ok, I was going to kidnap her. That's what I do! But this one wasn't me, honestly.
Luigi: And why should we believe you?
Bowser: Come on, Luigi. Where am I going to hide an entire castle? It's almost as big as mine! Plus, look at this.
Bowser pressed a button on his desk, and a giant screen was lowered from the celing. The screen showed a map of his castle along with several security camera feeds showing all the rooms of his castle. There were Hammer Bros, Dry Bones, Piranha Plants, Buzzy Beetles, Koopa Troopas, and thousands upon thousands of Goombas. The only thing missing was a princess. Peach was nowhere to be found.
Mario: Is it ok if a-Luigi and I step out of the room for a little while?
Bowser: Go right ahead.
The Mario Bros. stepped into the hallway, keeping their guard up in case any of Bowser's minions came up and attacked them. Mario turned towards Luigi and began to speak.
Mario: I think Bowser is telling the truth.
Luigi: But Mario, who else would-a kidnap the princess? It has to be him!
Mario: I just don't see it. This type of plan seems way too elaborate for Bowser. He prefers the old fashioned "grab the princess, put her in a cage" way of kidnapping.
Luigi: I guess so. If he did kidnap her, we probably would have already found her.
Mario: That being said, we need to get a-going. If Bowser doesn't have the Princess, she's probably with someone who is way worse.
Mario opened the door, but did not step inside.
Bowser: You two finished with your tea party?
Mario: You're golden for now, but we better not find out later that you do have the princess, or you're a dead man, Koopa!
Bowser: Dead monster.
Mario: Right.
And with that, the duo was off. Bowser didn't have the princess, it seemed, meaning she could potentially be in some serious trouble. They needed to go find as much information as they could on her and her castle's disappearance. They better hurry, or else Peach's game might be over.

I appreciate the feedback.

Anyway, Chapter 3 is going to be Pit.

I haven't played Kid Icarus Uprising so I'm not sure I'll quite nail this chapter, but I definitely want to introduce him early on to get a plot point going.

Back