Would people even give enough of a damn about this for it to be on the wiki?

SiFi

Star Spirit
Pronouns
he/him
MarioWiki
SiFi
So okay here's the deal. Every Nintendo-published Game Boy game released before the Super Game Boy wasn't designed with that peripheral in mind, obviously. But if you do play them on SGB, it gives the game a pre-loaded palette. And the same thing happens with Game Boy games not designed with the GBC in mind, so they get custom palettes too. I took a bunch of screenshots with intent to put them in each game's gallery section or maybe make a new gallery for them on the console's page. But once I'd taken them all, I went to the wiki and thought, would people even care? Is this something worth documenting on the wiki?

So here I'd like y'all to answer that question and say what you think should be done with these images:

uGCLHcZ.png
pcrm8eg.png
h29E3zL.png
tPcG5N1.png
NXG1TUW.png
BSdUTXc.png

zdOuxeP.png
eEY9van.png
QEJjffB.png
yh9ihN9.png
AeUy6rS.png
6tr4nzw.png
QFo7Mej.png
fmIbZ1P.png
Z0OujW1.png
VY2fHZj.png
aQMDtcO.png
G6j53IO.png
REc6MTo.png
GhXT0Ab.png
M9xs0NP.png
Ee5azN8.png
7QwbHwS.png

If you don't understand what I'm saying I get that it's a mess.

I think so.

That's actually pretty interesting. I've always played the GB games on GBCs and GBAs and never once thought "uhhh, why is this colourful?" But turning on SML2 right now (because that's what's plugged into the thing), yep, colours everywhere. The images can definitely go in the respective games' galleries; the Super Game Boy page already mentions that you can mess around with the colour given to non-SGB-compatible games, but comparisons for the three platforms (original GB, SGB and GBC) on the Game Boy and/or the GBC pages would be interesting addition(s), I think.

Re: Would people even give enough of a dang about this for it to be on the wiki?

I always played Pokemon on a Game Boy Color and never once did I question why Pokemon Blue looked blueish compared to Pokemon Red's red tints

It's especially neat in the Kirby games, where his simple palette means they can color him spot-on.

b2ar1Tu.png

Re: Would people even give enough of a dang about this for it to be on the wiki?

hell yes.

I remember when I was playing Pokemon Blue on the Game Boy Color, the screen turned into a different color when I went into a different place.

This is worth it.

Walkazo said:
I've always played the GB games on GBCs and GBAs and never once thought "uhhh, why is this colourful?"

Baby Luigi said:
I always played Pokemon on a Game Boy Color and never once did I question why Pokemon Blue looked blueish compared to Pokemon Red's red tints

Well that probably depends on if youve played the B&W versions before the colored ones.

Because color is arguably a big factor.

Dr. John H. Watson said:
Well that probably depends on if youve played the B&W versions before the colored ones.

Because color is arguably a big factor.

Well the only Game Boy I had was Color

so yeah that splains it

I noticed that the 3DS virtual console also plays them like they're on a GBC.

Actually, wait, I was playing a GBC game. Don't worry.

Back