Modding Brawl

Re: Hacking Brawl

Did you put Gecko in the apps folder?

Yep. Maybe I need to put the whole thing in? Instead of just putting Gecko1931 > Gecko1931 > HBC > Gecko1931 in like the guide says to do? Or maybe I need to rename the folder?

Sorry to double post, but I got it working, it takes me to the. Gecko Screen, says "launch game", and than takes me to a black screen. Is it supposed to do that?

Sorry for not responding days ago...too lazy to respond

tell me your filepaths, files, and all I'll look into it

It's alright if you can't respond, it's not your job.

A user by the name of Timmy actually helped me work out what I think the problem was, which was the fact that I hade my "apps" folder merged with my "private" folder (replacing the "app" folder), thinking that they were supposed to be the same thing.

I just Homebrewed my Wii (the one I did earlier was my Grandparents :rolleyes:) and I'll try it out again. If it doesn't work, I'll come back for more guidance.

So I tried with the files put in the right place, problem is, Gecko can't pick up the File Patch code. Any ideas?

make a .gct file, place it in your CODES folder

I did that, maybe it's named incorrectly or something. While making it, should I name it "SD File Patch"?

You can name the code anything you want, as long as you can understand it

Uh why?

I dunno.

Is there anything I'm missing on the SD Card root? I'll post a pic of it when I have access to my computer.

Turns out I had the wrong code or something, I changed the code and it finally loaded Brawl.

Then it crashes as soon as it gets to the menu. WHY CAN'T THIS BE SIMPLE?

I'll try a "one Fit_____0X at a time" thing, but otherwise this is really annoying.

Ninelevendo said:
but otherwise this is really annoying.

Welcome to the world of modding, where even the slightest error will make something totally not work until you find a small issue

The thing is, I haven't really even started yet. Can I at least try a butterfly meta knight?

At least the new smash is coming out for me to enjoy while continuously trying to mod the dam thing.

Fuck you phone controls.

Im trying to reassure you just keep trying

In the meantime maybe send me your file.formats and I may analyze theporblrn

Btw brawl modding is a crapton more fun than anything the new smash had to offer

Back