Mario Kart 8 DLC

Mcmadness said:
It could be called Inspector Gadget kart and people would still be more excited for the DLC characters.

Most people do not care about your niche characters and they will NEVER get into Mario Kart.
>stage in Smash

>niche

Pick one. They have a larger fanbase than some characters who have already gotten into MK (Honey Queen) and obviously the ones who didn't even exist prior to their Mario Kart appearance. Fawful would be much more hype than Pink Gold Peach for over half the fanbase, I assure you.

Sweyn Forkbeard said:
Paper Mario said:
I don't understand how anyone could like the idea of non-Mario characters getting into a Mario spinoff and stealing the chances of more obscure Mario characters getting any love. Different strokes I suppose. Guess I need to pray for Fawful or Mr. L DLC...
nobody cares about fawful or brainwashed luigi
I do...

But that's not saying I hate this DLC. This DLC is the best thing to happen to Mario Kart since Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (and Kart DS, but that's nostalga) Just put King Boo's Luigi Mansion design and some RPG characters in and I'll be even happier.

Isabelle looks badass in that Mercedes.

Paper Mario said:
Mcmadness said:
It could be called Inspector Gadget kart and people would still be more excited for the DLC characters.

Most people do not care about your niche characters and they will NEVER get into Mario Kart.
>stage in Smash

>niche

Pick one. They have a larger fanbase than some characters who have already gotten into MK (Honey Queen) and obviously the ones who didn't even exist prior to their Mario Kart appearance. Fawful would be much more hype than Pink Gold Peach for over half the fanbase, I assure you.

1 stage really isn't saying all that much. Plus its Sakurai, the guy has weird sensibilities.

Also thats one stage to represent an entire series, not specific characters.

Your horrible exaggeration of their popularity is really quite hilarious.

Mcmadness said:
1 stage really isn't saying all that much. Plus its Sakurai, the guy has weird sensibilities.

Most of the people who don't like/haven't heard of the Mario RPGs are people who aren't even into Nintendo/video games. Most people who are actively fans of the series know about the RPGs. Besides, they're the best of the Mario series save for Sticker Star.

Paper Mario said:
Besides, they're the best of the Mario series save for Sticker Star.

Because that's totally unarguably 100% fact and not opinion in the slightest.

I slightly agree with FFTG here, I'm not entirely pleased with the non Mario characters, for Mario Kart, I think it'd work better in a Nintendo Smash Kart-Up.

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to play as them, a lot.

Link looks very awesome to play as.

MidnaFreak said:
Best DLC ever, everything done right 10/10 this is how you sell a console Nintendo.
pfft you shouldn't sell a console with dlc

i'm going to buy this, but that doesn't change the fact that paid dlc is stupid. i'm already paying sixty dollars for this game (which is outrageous), i don't see why it's a selling point that after you get the game you can pay an extra fifth of the price to a little bit more content

Paper Mario said:
Mcmadness said:

Most of the people who don't like/haven't heard of the Mario RPGs are people who aren't even into Nintendo/video games. Most people who are actively fans of the series know about the RPGs. Besides, they're the best of the Mario series save for Sticker Star.

Knowing about them =/= fans of them. Again you horribly exaggerate.

And no mario rpg has come close to the quality of the best platformers in this series.

Nabber said:
MidnaFreak said:
Best DLC ever, everything done right 10/10 this is how you sell a console Nintendo.
pfft you shouldn't sell a console with dlc

i'm going to buy this, but that doesn't change the fact that paid dlc is stupid. i'm already paying sixty dollars for this game (which is outrageous), i don't see why it's a selling point that after you get the game you can pay an extra fifth of the price to a little bit more content
never go into business

Nysic said:
To BLOF and LGM: Yoshi recolors don't appear as CPUs, don't worry.
Oh good, I was worried about that, too.

I didn't want all of the Yoshi and Shy Guy's in one offline race. I need variety.

Stargazing said:
Nysic said:

I didn't want all of the Yoshi and Shy Guy's in one offline race. I need variety.
lol

Paper Mario said:
Stargazing said:
Nysic said:

too bad the races are already full of koopas
Again... lol

Paper Mario said:
Mcmadness said:
And no mario rpg has come close to the quality of the best platformers in this series.
Paper Mario TTYD is a large portion of the fanbase's favorite Mario game.

Nice proof you got there.

Paper Mario said:
Stargazing said:
Nysic said:

At least they aren't recolours

Stargazing said:
Paper Mario said:
Stargazing said:
Nysic said:

At least they aren't recolours
That's true. They all got different looks and personalities.

Nabber said:

for a fifth of the game you're getting a number of new tracks that equal half the tracks included
as well as some new characters (who maybe aren't your first choice but how the hell should Nintendo know exactly what goes on in your head) and new vehicles

and beside if you have such a problem don't bloody buy it

Mcmadness said:
Paper Mario said:
Mcmadness said:
Paper Mario TTYD is a large portion of the fanbase's favorite Mario game.

Nice proof you got there.
Why don't you give me proof that the platformers are objectively better than the RPGs. And don't use sales as said proof because Paper Mario sticker star is the best selling Paper Mario in Japan that doesn't make it the best. Anything Nintendo advertises the most makes it sell the most.

I so wish the colored Shy Guys and Yoshis appeared as CPUS. It would decrease the quantity of the characters I don't like in race such as the Koopalings and Metal Characters. They could have actually helped fight back against the overabundance of Koopalings and the other annoying characters, but no, Nintendo has to make it so that they don't appear as CPUs making the Koopalings and Metal Characters just as abundant as before. I was legitimately hoping for the average number of Koopalings and Metals to drop from 3 to 2 but they had to not let it happen.

I don't have to, its not hard to find people gushing about how legendary many of the Mario platformers have been and how they are considered to be some of the best the genre has to offer.

Kart Player 2008 said:
I so wish the colored Shy Guys and Yoshis appeared as CPUS. It would decrease the quantity of the characters I don't like in race such as the Koopalings and Metal Characters. They could have actually helped fight back against the overabundance of Koopalings and the other annoying characters, but no, Nintendo has to make it so that they don't appear as CPUs making the Koopalings and Metal Characters just as abundant as before. I was legitimately hoping for the average number of Koopalings and Metals to drop from 3 to 2 but they had to not let it happen.

There's only two metal characters in the whole damn game, 3d player
and besides, personally I'd rather have the koopalings over some dull recolours

Back