The Mario Series needs more mainstay Characters.

DaKid

Whomp
Like Rosalina now is. Characters that don't appear then vanish, never to be seen again.

Plessie.
Nabbit.
Sprixies.

Should all be, yeah, Nabbit is in Mario Golf on the 3DS, but I want to see them all in the spin-offs.

I think a small centered cast works best.

Nabbit should at least stay. He would seem like an interesting 3rd party. He's not on Mario's side, yet he's not quite on Bowser's side either.

Magikrazy said:
So he's like Wario?

…Yeah, pretty much. But the thing is that Wario's just a rival. He's still on Mario's side, but he's just his rival. Nabbit isn't on any side, really.

Wario is on no one's side but the one that grants him maximum profit. If screwing over Mario paid well enough, he would do it twelve times a day.

DaKid said:
Like Rosalina now is. Characters that don't appear then vanish, never to be seen again.

Plessie.
Nabbit.
Sprixies.

Should all be, yeah, Nabbit is in Mario Golf on the 3DS, but I want to see them all in the spin-offs.
Please no!

I'm not fond with any of these three characters.

Paper Mario said:
I agree, let's bring Fawful in here, I've been wanting him to be one of the main cast since he returned in BIS.

Fawful is dead.

Baby Mario and Baby Luigi need to be mainstay characters. In the Mario series, not just some stupid series that has been bastardized

Paper Mario said:
Baby Man said:
Fawful is dead.
Let's not open that can of worms.

but he's DEAD. Like, what more could he do, turn into a ghost and haunt yet another mansion of Luigi's?

Except Bowser's death isn't emphasized as if it's his last appearance.

the DEEP AND EXTREMELY CANONICAL Mario series TOTALLY CAN'T bring Fawful back

Fawful's death could have been interpreted as him attempting to destroy Mario and Luigi one more time out of spite for defeating him, and doing it similarly to how Dimentio "committed suicide" with Luigi (but didn't destroy either of them)

Martha's Sister said:

...except the RPGs DO have an established canon of some sort

Isn't Fawful technically a mainstay of his own series, before his... um... unfortunate death?

Baby Man said:
Martha's Sister said:
like Fawful dying in SS and then reappearing in the next two games?

or (Elder? idr which one) Princess Shroob reappearing in Bowser's castle after being destroyed in the previous game?

Martha's Sister said:
Baby Man said:
Martha's Sister said:

or (Elder? idr which one) Princess Shroob reappearing in Bowser's castle after being destroyed in the previous game?

Fawful didn't die in SS.

It was normal shroobs, not the princess.

Martha's Sister said:
Baby Man said:
Martha's Sister said:

Fawful didn't exactly DIE in Superstar Saga though. In Bowser's Inside Story, he EXPLICITLY stated he was "going down with you", meaning he was gonna kamikaze himself.

the second one is a good point though, but exceptions DO NOT make a rule

Cirdec said:
Martha's Sister said:
Baby Man said:
Martha's Sister said:

Fawful didn't die in SS.

It was normal shroobs, not the princess.
No, the Elder Shroob Princess reappeared even though her spirit blatantly blew up.

Back