Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 shot down over Ukraine

Yeah, not hosting soccer games four years from now is a great deterrent. Russia'll probably face more sanctions if held accountable for the downed plane, and that's probably of greater concern to him.

Dude, Mario4Ever was being sarcastic.

Moving a simple fucking sports game is 1) not enough, like m4e said a more appropriate response would be sanctions of some sort
2) completely cosmetic and has nothing to do with anything
3) sounds just like an excuse for you dutch dudes to beg for the sports game to be in your country
4) seeing as how the olympics at sochi went, the world cup in russia would only serve to show the world how fucked up russia is while giving an international outlet for the oppressed people to let us hear their voice; taking away the game will punish the Russian people, with at most it just preventing Putin from putting a notch in his belt
5) the article says "An American congress-member called not to have the WC 2018 in Russia earlier." as an apparent point of proof to show how good of an idea this is, but America has like 500+ congressmembers and a good lot of them don't have all of their marbles

^^ I have to agree with Anton here. That image is also pretty unnecessary.

The first 40 coffins have arrived at airbase Eindhoven. The military will unload all of them equally, including the ones yet to come. This happens in a very respectful way, which takes quite some time if you are not used to it.

Thank goodness the bodies arrived safely and nothing happened to them. Even if 1/3 of the victims' corpses are still missing.

Don't have anything to snark about in this tragedy. =_=

Well, I'm glad they have arrived. Also, I can't really follow what Anton's saying, sooooo...

...so you called it dumb?

Lakituthequick said:
'Take away FIFA World Cup 2018 from Russia'
The idea to punish Russia by taking the FIFA World Cup from 2018 from them, is gathering strength. The American news website The Daily Beast pleads to move the WC to The Netherlands. RTL Nieuws reports this.

The magazine writes that in comparision with Russia, The Netherlands does is a footballmayor with an open democratic society. "300 people, of whom 189 Dutch, are killed by troops loyal to Putin."

According to the magazine, it's of importance to personally punish Putic for the drama, and not the entire Russian population. That is perfectly possible by taking away the WC football, just like the Olympic Games a personal prestigious project of his.

Earlier this day [20 July], retired professional football-player John van 't Schip called The Netherlands to boycott the World Cup in Russia. An American congress-member called not to have the WC 2018 in Russia earlier.

That sounds like a crazy conspiracy theory than anything

I don't see things the way other people see it sometimes. Like with Anton seeing it like that, while I don't. That's the reason I used the pic.

That's not really a good reaction picture to use in that case, just because you don't understand it doesn't mean the reasoning behind it is dumb.

I'm not very smart, my friend. And when your not as bright as me you end up making the wrong decisions.

Well at least you admit you're not very smart....

You can still be a very smart idiot though :P

"The ancient Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone, of all the Greeks, know that I know nothing" –Socrates

Well, at least I'm not as stupid as Freddy from Barnyard or Dez from Austin and Ally.

I'd rather have a nice idiot than a smart ass

IcicleRain said:
"The ancient Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone, of all the Greeks, know that I know nothing" –Socrates
socrates quote <3

although my favorite is still the maxim "question everything"

and that's the beauty of it! you can choose to question that maxim as well, and are free to decide whether or not it's valid for yourself. that's what whole point of question everything

Back