King Boo
Petey Piranha
Wiggler

Shy Guy
Piranha Plant
Lakitu
Mii

No Super Team. 0/10

I like your roster, although I don't know why you'd omit Tiny Kong or Baby Donkey Kong, since she they were playable in Super Sluggers.

We just need Fly Guy now...

Maᴙio said:
I like your roster, although I don't know why you'd omit Tiny Kong or Baby Donkey Kong, since she they were playable in Super Sluggers.
Just omit Baby Daisy and Baby Rosalina, Tiny Kong and Baby DK are better choices.

Vommack said:
Maᴙio said:
Just omit Baby Daisy and Baby Rosalina, Tiny Kong and Baby DK are better choices.
Baby Daisy was in Super Sluggers, too...

Maᴙio said:
Vommack said:
Maᴙio said:
Baby Daisy was in Super Sluggers, too...
So why are Tiny Kong and Baby DK getting the axe?

Why did you nix the Toad species (Blue Toad, Yellow Toad, Purple Toad) and the Yoshi species (not that I'm complaining)

Baby Luigi said:
Why did you nix the Toad species (Blue Toad, Yellow Toad, Purple Toad) and the Yoshi species (not that I'm complaining)

Because I find the color reskins to be pointless.

In baseball games they aren't.

Toothless said:
No, they are not reskins. The different colors of the same species have slightly different stats.
The same could be said for all those Yoshi colors in MTO.

Toothless said:
No, they are not reskins. The different colors of the same species have slightly different stats.

The definition of a reskin is basically the same as a palette swap: identical characters with a different texture

That doesn't matter. It doesn't depend on the stat of the characters.

I'd rather see something else getting represented then 6 or 7 of the same species. For that large a roster, a couple generic enemies would be fine by me. It would have more variety than an army of Toads.

I like an army of Piantas though. It suits a Wario team perfectly :(

Vommack said:
So why are Tiny Kong and Baby DK getting the axe?

I wanted to put Baby Rosalina and Cranky Kong in somewhere, and I wanted the roster to have an even 50 characters, so I replaced Baby DK with Baby Rosalina and Tiny Kong with Cranky Kong.

Baby Luigi said:
In baseball games they aren't.

I think that if they want more characters they should just add completely new ones instead of simple palette swaps.

It's completely fine for Baseball games though. You need a large team. Original, in Mario Superstar Baseball, you can have only one member of each species for a team; in Super Sluggers, it's improved to have more than one. Besides, the variety in characters is HUGE already, so palette swaps and reskins are actually excuseable here

Also, I hope so much that they put chemistry with characters of the same species. Like I wish all the Yoshis have chemistry with each other, but they don't. It is literally the only thing that prevented me from using an 8 Yoshi + Birdo team.

Speaking of chemistry, why the ---- does Baby Mario and Baby Luigi NOT share chemistry with their older selves?

ashley has a 3d model in the namco-developed ssb4 so she's clearly a shoe-in for the next mario baseball, right.

right

Toothless said:
Baby Luigi said:
Speaking of chemistry, why the ---- does Baby Mario and Baby Luigi NOT share chemistry with their older selves?
Wait they don't? Ok, that is just bad programming. That is what I would like in the next Mario Baseball, better Chemistry.
Don't blame the programmers man, blame whoever came up with the chemistry combos.

Glowsquid said:
ashley has a 3d model in the namco-developed ssb4 so she's clearly a shoe-in for the next mario baseball, right.

right

It's not that hard for Nintendo to come up with 3d models :P

WarioWare characters sadly don't have a decent shot at this even when they make perfect sense to be playable.

Vommack said:
Toothless said:
Baby Luigi said:
Wait they don't? Ok, that is just bad programming. That is what I would like in the next Mario Baseball, better Chemistry.
Don't blame the programmers man, blame whoever came up with the chemistry combos.
But they are great for catching home run balls, so I need them chemistry.

Back