Mario vs. Donkey Kong Wii U

Nysic

Power Star
I haven't seen a thread for this yet.

Discuss the new Mario vs. Donkey Kong announced at E3! I'm personally excited for it, because I loved Mini-Land Mayhem. I never got the 3DS one though.

The Mario VS Donkey Kong series is dead to me. The only one I truly enjoyed was the first one. While I did like the second game to some degree, it wasn't enough for me to 100% it like I did with the first game. Then when they went and rehashed the second game's formula for all the sequels, I ended up losing interest in the series completely. Seeing how this year marks the tenth anniversary of the Mario VS Donkey Kong series and the twentieth anniversary of Donkey Kong '94, this would have been the perfect opportunity to return to the original formula, but they completely blew it.

SolarBlaze said:
The Mario VS Donkey Kong series is dead to me. The only one I truly enjoyed was the first one. While I did like the second game to some degree, it wasn't enough for me to 100% it like I did with the first game. Then when they went and rehashed the second game's formula for all the sequels, I ended up losing interest in the series completely. Seeing how this year marks the tenth anniversary of the Mario VS Donkey Kong series and the twentieth anniversary of Donkey Kong '94, this would have been the perfect opportunity to return to the original formula, but they completely blew it.
I still love the series, but I agree that it was better before. I miss Mario VS. Donkey Kong on the GBA, it was one of my favorite GBA games, right up there with Superstar Saga and various Spongebob games.

They finally made a Mini-Luigi. It's about time :/

I also wish they made Mario vs. Donkey Kong like the one on the Gameboy (haven't played it). They could've done so much things with the original Mario vs. Donkey Kong game, and it would've been a nice break over New Super Mario Bros./3D Land crap.

What the previous titles bored me with is that this series is very restricted. I like the fairyland and minirobot idea (though it may conflict alittle with Party games), but judging from the name it's just solely selling Mario and DK, not making some in-depth crossovers based on both original mainstream games which is really more interesting to the massive fans. Yes, it can be counted as a new addition to DK series which lacks new titles recently, but better not be here to just make up numbers.

And Pauline is still a confusing being. She brought attentions to this series, and then for unknown reason Nintendo still isolate her from any of other Mario/DK titles despite the rise of the series. Regardless of my love for her, I still don't know why she had to return.

Back