Video game headcanons

MoonAge

King Bowser
Pronouns
She/her
Since there's 3 other threads like this one, why not?

I think that the Sigma Virus from the Mega Man X series is actually the Roboenza Virus from Mega Man 10. I mean think about it.

I have a habit of erasing Other M from Metroid continuity.

I think the Mastersword's moniker of "blade of evil's bane" is actually a huge misnomer. The sword doesn't care whether you're good or evil, as those terms are highly subjective anyway. The sword's actual primary purpose is to trump the Triforce, and nothing else. Basically it's the anti-triforce, created by Farore to give her protégé a tool to neutralize the other two Triforce parts in case they go rogue.

That's why the sword is only ever used when Ganon is involved somehow. It's effective against him because he has a Triforce himself, him being evil doesn't matter. If the sword was used against the likes of Vaati or Majora, despite them being evil, the sword would just act like a regular sword.

Curiously this also means the Mastersword would be super deadly if it's used against Zelda, but Link doesn't do that for obvious reasons.

That depends on if that clause saying that "only the one worthy of being the Hero of Time" and its equivalents are still effective in this canon.

Well, I also think you need the Triforce of Courage to wield the Mastersword for its intended purpose. Good thing all heroes are color-coded in this universe, because if Farore ever picked the wrong one to give her powers to, Hyrule would be screwed. A third person wouldn't really be able to use the sword effectively against Link.

Though he would be weak to it if he, for whatever reason, decided to use the sword against himself. Would make for a pretty fancy suicide I guess...

I said "effectively".

Of course people can grab it (Tetra does it in TWW) and swing it around like any plain sword if Link happens to lose it, but it only unfolds its Triforce-slaying powers in the hands of Farore's protégé.

Also, if we want to get nitpicky, the sword is not the Mastersword when that fight happens in-game. Link only has the Mastersword in that video because the fight is a recreation.

I can't find the chat log, but me and Uniju had a conversation once that led me to conclude that the Fallout universe is actually the Animal Crossing universe in the far future.

So, does this effect the Four Sword's "repel evil" thing too?

Vommack said:
So, does this effect the Four Sword's "repel evil" thing too?

Nah, because the Four Sword isn't the Mastersword. Although the "repel evil" thing on that is probably just flavor text, since the Four Sword's true power seems to be splitting you into four.

To be honest, my whole anti Triforce Mastersword headcanon only really applies to OoT, MM, and TWW. I pretend those three are the only ones directly linked and every other title happens in its own alternate universe or something. All the times the games seem to reference each other are just instances where similar events or people existed at some point coincidentally. And every time there is an inconsistency or impossible situation, like Hyrule's rapidly shifting geography, the Mastersword changing locations randomly, or the fact that identical people just seemingly pop up in vastly different eras like the chicken lady, or the carpenters, that's when the universes differ from each other.

This makes the whole series much, MUCH easier on the brain, and I find it preferable to forcing every Zelda game ever into a huge convoluted timeline.

Crocodile Dippy said:
I can't find the chat log, but me and Uniju had a conversation once that led me to conclude that the Fallout universe is actually the Animal Crossing universe in the far future.
16/07/2012 04:36:27< Crocodile_Dippy> "Fallout: Let's Go To The City"
16/07/2012 04:36:29< Crocodile_Dippy> fallout crossing
16/07/2012 04:36:32<@Uniju> yes
16/07/2012 04:36:47< Crocodile_Dippy> thanks, buddy
16/07/2012 04:36:50< tb> the game isnt about the plot
16/07/2012 04:36:53<@Uniju> youre welcome
16/07/2012 04:36:58< tb> its the bottlecaps you use to buy your piece of shit house
16/07/2012 04:37:08<@Uniju> wow
16/07/2012 04:37:09< tb> and the blasted ass furniture
16/07/2012 04:37:11<@Uniju> same as animal crossing
16/07/2012 04:37:22< tb> yes
16/07/2012 04:37:48< Crocodile_Dippy> dude
16/07/2012 04:37:55< Crocodile_Dippy> it all makes sense now
16/07/2012 04:38:04< Crocodile_Dippy> fallout is the unfortunate aftermath of animal crossing
16/07/2012 04:38:09< Crocodile_Dippy> in the not too distant future
16/07/2012 04:38:36<@Uniju> does it having talking racoons that rip you off and force you to sign up for the happy room academy
16/07/2012 04:38:52< Crocodile_Dippy> to my knowledge, yes !!
16/07/2012 04:38:59<@Uniju> wow !!

as an added bonus, here's tb's impression of the hra

16/07/2012 04:39:40< tb> "yore house is shit plz fix"

Should have known better than to fund that stupid nuclear reactor PWP.

Maybe Hyrule has continental drift. Just a billion times faster than ours. Plus, Majora's Mask doesn't even take place in Hyrule. Not sure if any others do that though...

Vommack said:
Maybe Hyrule has continental drift. Just a billion times faster than ours. Plus, Majora's Mask doesn't even take place in Hyrule. Not sure if any others do that though...
Link's Awakening doesn't either.
It actually is in a dream island.

Also, maybe the Oracle games don't either, I forgot. Also perhaps Skyward Sword.

Right, Link's Awakening doesn't.
Oracle games take place in two different places, I think.
Skyward Sword has Hyrule in it.

Vommack said:

Actually, I think a popular fan theory is that the hyrulean landscape changes so much because the Gorons keep terraforming everything by eating the mountains, and the inhabitants of Hyrule just reassign the old names to the new landmarks. So Death Mountain is the name of whatever the highest mountain is at that time, and if there's a lake, it's Lake Hylia, and stuff like that.

I find that funny and interesting, but I still stick to the "everything is its own universe unless the game itself explicitly says otherwise" concept because it is less painful in the long run.

Also, the oracle games take place outside Hyrule, yes. I believe the locations are named Labrynna and Holodrum or something like that. It's been a while and I don't want to look it up.

Vommack said:
Or something that would become Hyrule at the very least. I am still not that sure.

Seadramon said:
Vommack said:

Actually, I think a popular fan theory is that the hyrulean landscape changes so much because the Gorons keep terraforming everything by eating the mountains, and the inhabitants of Hyrule just reassign the old names to the new landmarks. So Death Mountain is the name of whatever the highest mountain is at that time, and if there's a lake, it's Lake Hylia, and stuff like that.

I find that funny and interesting, but I still stick to the "everything is its own universe unless the game itself explicitly says otherwise" concept because it is less painful in the long run.

Also, the oracle games take place outside Hyrule, yes. I believe the locations are named Labrynna and Holodrum or something like that. It's been a while and I don't want to look it up.
Well considering that pretty much all of the Zelda games share at least 3 of the same landscapes and enemies, I actually think they are the same world, each one seperated up to hundreds of years apart. Maybe thousands.

Toothless said:
Vommack said:
Or something that would become Hyrule at the very least. I am still not that sure.

Seadramon said:
Vommack said:

Well considering that pretty much all of the Zelda games share at least 3 of the same landscapes and enemies, I actually think they are the same world, each one seperated up to hundreds of years apart. Maybe thousands.

Though it's odd that over only a hundred years geological change of that scale would occur.

However, since we already know Hyrule is a land with magic users and gargantuation creatures constantly in and around it it wouldn't be too far of a stretch.

Or we could just shrug and say "eh, the goddesses did it".

Back