Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire (Ruby and Sapphire Remakes)!

I wonder if, for example, Primal Kyogre activates it's rain, if Primal Groudon switch to Primal Kyogre, will the sun comes or not?
I hope not, because if it does, it would give Primal Groudon too much adavantage over Primal Kyogre.

Cirdec said:
With its new ability, Primal Groudon has only one weakness: Ground. But who cares when almost all Ground moves are physical and Groudon has high defense. It's ability means it can easily comes to Kyogre.
I think we got a new king of Ubers.

What about ice-type moves?

have groudon hold that freaking air balloon and he's immortal

Robin said:
Cirdec said:
With its new ability, Primal Groudon has only one weakness: Ground. But who cares when almost all Ground moves are physical and Groudon has high defense. It's ability means it can easily comes to Kyogre.

Fire/Ground, neutral to ice. And suns mean guaranted no freeze.

Priam said:
have groudon hold that freaking air balloon and he's immortal

Well I think you need an item like a Mega stone to make them turn to their Primal form.

Cirdec said:
Robin said:
Cirdec said:

Fire/Ground, neutral to ice. And suns mean guaranted no freeze.
Oh, right. Forgot about the type change.

The only downside is that they lose their hold item

Why does Mega Rayquaza have a Jay Leno chin

Dragon Ascent is said to be one of the most powerful flying attack. Currently the highest is Sky attack (140 power). Dragon Ascent apparently decreases defense and special defense after usage, a bit like V-Create except no speed drop.
Mega Rayquaza got something even better than V-Create.

The weather trio are going to rape everything in Ubers.

You guys are kinda forgetting that they can't use hold items and therefore actually could be weaker than some ubers who do.

I don't think so, Mega Mewtwo forms can't hold items and are better than normal Mewtwo with an item.

You still shouldn't underestimate hold items though. I think its a bit early to call them the best yet.

Mega Rayquaza looks amazing! I can't wait to catch and Mega Evolve it!

In response to the ordeal over no Primal Rayquaza, perhaps Primal Reversions have bigger stat boosts. If Mega Rayquaza has +100 and the mascot duo (Groudon and Kyogre) each have +150, that will give each powered-up member of the Weather Trio 780 in base stats.

Cirdec said:
Kyogre and Groudon have 670 base stats, not 630.
Sorry, I forgot how close Groudon and Kyogre were to Rayquaza. For some reason I always think that they're further behind. Anyway, the lore behind Mega Rayquaza has been revealed. It might be worth a look.

[quote author=Legend]It was a primal age, early in the world's history... The natural world was overflowing with energy. That energy granted Groudon and Kyogre an overwhelming power. Seeking ever more of that energy for themselves, the two clashed again and again, and their battles cast the people and Pokémon of Hoenn into great danger. Brimming with the overwhelming power granted by the energy of nature, this transformation was named by later people "Primal Reversion." And the people called their tormentors Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre.

One Pokémon looked down upon this battle from the sky above. The Pokémon that dances in the heavens: Rayquaza. Rayquaza is venerated by the people of Hoenn as their protector and savior. When Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre had battled for 20 dawns and 20 nights, the world began to lose its natural balance and tilt toward destruction. The people, unable to endure any more, cried out to their mighty savior Rayquaza before a great stone that shone with rainbow brilliance. And a change came upon Rayquaza, weaving in the sky above Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. Suffused in brilliant light, its body began to transform visibly. And then...[/quote]

Mega Rayquaza looks great (best legendary sans Giratina) and his mandible-like feature looks completely fine to me. The only thing that looks kind of dumb to me is his body symbols/vein things being attached to the end of the mandibles. It looks silly and I think it might've looked better if they just floated around him. Whatever, he looks fantastic nonetheless, but that OP ability....

Back