Should I get Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island?

chillv

9-Volt must be my video game counterpart.
I don't know, it just released on Virtual Console. I did really like Yoshi's New Island, though.

Edit: Considering how much criticism Yoshi's New Island got from people based on the original, I am surprised this isn't getting replies in a matter of seconds.

I'm going to be heavily biased consdering it was my first Mario game, but yes. Buy it. It is a great game, although the secret levels are quite tough.

Okay, I have made my decision to buy it. Plus, it would be good addition to Super Mario World, which I haven't beaten yet.

The mods can close this if they want.

Even though you bought it, I'll just say this:

Yoshi's Island on the GBA is not as good as the original SNES version.

Aiko Heiwa said:
Even though you bought it, I'll just say this:

Yoshi's Island on the GBA is not as good as the original SNES version.

Yeah but the SNES version will probably never be released.

Cirdec said:
Yeah but the SNES version will probably never be released.

^ this, and the only reason I haven't bought it is that I've already played and beaten the free 3DS version.

One asinine change the GBA port made (that's frequently overlooked) is that red coins now have the same colouration as regular coins. That being said, if you don't have access to the SNES original, it's a perfectly palleatable way to experience a great game.

Glowsquid said:
One asinine change the GBA port made (that's frequently overlooked) is that red coins now have the same colouration as regular coins. That being said, if you don't have access to the SNES original, it's a perfectly palleatable way to experience a great game.

Also GBA sound processing ruins the soundtrack. That's why I genuinely played the game while listening to the OST on youtube.

President Madagascar said:
Glowsquid said:

Also GBA sound processing ruins the soundtrack. That's why I genuinely played the game while listening to the OST on youtube.
Doesn't the GBA process all sound through the CPU or some shit?

Aiko Heiwa said:
President Madagascar said:
Glowsquid said:

Doesn't the GBA process all sound through the CPU or some shit?
yep.

Back