Is the Wii U Pro controller worth it?

Nysic

Power Star
I'm trying to decide whether I should get it. If anyone has it i'd like to hear your experience.

I have one.
It works just like the gamepad without the touch screen (although the ZL and ZR buttons seem a little out of place after using the gamepad), and it's a fraction of the weight of the gamepad.

But, it does have one problem, they Wii U has to be on for it to charge because it comes with a USB charger. You can however charge it from a laptop/PC with great difficulty.

One more thing, it can't use gamepad only software, but that's self explanatory. :P

I own one but I don't use it much.

It feels like an Xbox 360 Controller except the right control stick and the face buttons are swapped.

Yes

The battery life is GOD-TIER, it's so comfy, and oh my god this controller should be bundled with the system.

YESYESYES

I also used to use it as a pc gamepad (doesn't work with win8 for whatever reason), and it's just godly.

Yes! I got two in a two for one deal and I'm glad I did, if the Gamepad was too big for your hands (wasn't really for me though) then this is the perfect substitute, plus these types of controllers are always good for competitive games, like Smash. You don't have to charge it much either so you can go sit quite far away from the TV without having to go right back to it to charge it up.

It simply depends on the game that you're playing. You'll probably get much more use out of it once Smash 4 is finally out.

I'll probably get it for Christmas with Smash 4, Since it seems like it's essential for that game. I might get it earlier if there are other games that come out that would work better with it.

Aiko Heiwa said:
The battery life is GOD-TIER

There are no better words to describe the battery life. I've had mine for three months and I've only charged it TWO times, and I use it a lot. Plus, it's ridiculously comfortable. Playing Smash 4 with that controller will be amazing. YES, it is worth it. Do get one.

I hope Nintendo starts releasing them in colors soon, but that's unlikely. I have a black one, and I don't like the white one very much. I hope they release blue, orange and green someday.

Nick Fury said:
Absolutely. It's comfortable, has great battery life, and will be essential for Smash.
I hope the shoulder buttons can bear the brunt of Smash.

Yes, it is good if you want to use the TV only with Virtual Console games and a selection of Wii U games without a two screens displaying the same thing in your face.

Back