Gematsu Rumor Topic?

Cosmo the Spacedog said:
Well he could always use a sheath or put the weapon he's not using in that magic invisible storage bin that most characters seem to have, and use his down special to switch between weapons or automatically switch weapons between attacks. Even though that'd a little tricky it could still probably be done.

either way i'm sure it's possible for him not be a clone of Marth or Ike
One would wonder what his neutral special attack would be, and what move would Kirby use when he copies Chrom's power...

It's not so much I expect that he's be a clone of either Marth or Ike, I just think that there's only so much you can do with a character who primarily uses a sword that we haven't already seen in Super Smash Bros. The whole class-change idea is a good way to make him stick out from the rest, but then again, I'm not entirely on board with characters having customizable, completely different movies like Palutena (Miis are the exception, because they're all about customization).

maybe his neutral be could be a javelin throw move

though I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/22/adam-howden-will-be-reprising-his-voice-acting-role-as-shulk-in-super-smash-bros/

I'm not too sure whether to believe this yet, but these guys certainly seem to.

Cecil Terwilliger said:
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/22/adam-howden-will-be-reprising-his-voice-acting-role-as-shulk-in-super-smash-bros/

I'm not too sure whether to believe this yet, but these guys certainly seem to.
Rule of thumb: NEVER trust IMDb, they can be widely inaccurate as Hell. I know this because several voice actors of MLP:FiM were miscredited, and tried to correct it, but can't, because IMDb thought they weren't who they said they were.

Yeah, IMDb is one of the worst sources. Anyone can edit. A Resident Evil character was listed on the Brawl page before release.

GalacticPetey said:
Yeah, IMDb is one of the worst sources. Anyone can edit. A Resident Evil character was listed on the Brawl page before release.
Kind of how people trust Wikipedia without actually investigating it.

What SmashWiki has to say about the second leak:
While the first leak's claimed characters have all been confirmed as playable, the veracity of the subsequent leaks remains unclear. While the second leak accurately slated Palutena as playable, she was a character widely expected to be playable, due to Sakurai having worked on Kid Icarus: Uprising and the presence of the "leaked" images that had been posted on multiple news sites. Additionally, while "Pokémon from Pokémon X and Y" was technically correct, the leaker's inability to specifically state Greninja and only being able to do so with a vague blanket statement was scrutinised. The leaker also never implicated Rosalina as being playable, and has never implicated anything outside newcomers that was later confirmed as correct, bringing doubt into the extent of the leaker's inside knowledge. The prevailing theories are that the leaker had legitimate information for the first leak, but made up predictions for the subsequent leaks, or the leaker had significantly outdated information. The latter is supported by the fact he could only refer to Greninja as "Pokémon from Pokémon X and Y", when Sakurai confirmed that he decided on Greninja well before the release of Pokémon X and Y (which was six months before the second leak and the Smash Direct), and the fact that only three of the original six were revealed at E3 2013, when the leaker initially said all of them would be. The leaker also just only brought up the Ness vs. Lucas debate at E3 2014 with a non-definitive answer about it, with it being highly unlikely that the roster wasn't finalised well before this, as the final few months of game development are typically devoted to balance tweaks and debugging.

My god, what language is this in?

It looks like a pretentious one

Magikrazy said:
What SmashWiki has to say about the second leak:
While the first leak's characters have all been confirmed as playable, the subsequent leaks' accuracy remains dubious. While the second leak accurately predicted Palutena as playable, she was widely expected to be playable,since Sakurai was involved Kid Icarus: Uprising, and the "leaked" images have been widely circulated. Additionally, while "Pokémon from Pokémon X and Y" was technically correct, the leaker somehow cannot specify the Pokémon. The leaker has also never predicted Rosalina as playable and has never predicted anything other than newcomers, bringing doubt to the extent of the leaker's inside knowledge.

Assumptions include that the leaker had legitimate information for the first leak, but has invented predictions for the subsequent leaks, or the leaker has significantly outdated information. For instance, the leaker referred to Greninja as the "Pokémon from Pokémon X and Y", when Sakurai has decided on Greninja well before the release of Pokémon X and Y, six months before the second leak and the Smash Direct. Also, only three of the original six are revealed at E3 2013, when the leaker initially said all would be. Also, the leaker in the Ness vs. Lucas debate at E3 2014 has only non-definitive answers. It is highly unlikely, however, that roster decisions are still being made, as the final few months of game development are typically devoted to balance tweaks and debugging.
Corrected.

Lumastar said:
:luma: I don't believe the Gematsu leak yet (I'm close), but I would like to point out that Sakurai has stated that he planned to add a Pokémon from Generation VI before hearing about Greninja.

Well, in the Gematsu leak, it said "Pokemon from X and Y", so assuming the information they had at the time, it was when Sakurai was still determining which Pokemon to add.

Now, I think it's time to address this topic.

Before you say "Gematsu is dead", hear me out. Yes, Chrom was on the leak and Chrom is not playable.

But you seem to be forgetting someone. This guy predicted Wii Fit Trainer. You don't just predict Wii Fit Trainer. If that doesn't convince you, how about this. Shortly before E3, the leaker put out his third leak. It had the same characters as the second one, but Mii's name was changed to "Mii Fighter". Again, you don't just accurately predict that name. Since he changed it just before E3, it's very likely he is connected to E3 in some way. All three of his leaks popped up either before E3 or before the Smash Direct.

On the matter of Chrom, Sakurai did confirm that early in development, Chrom was being considered but Robin got in over him. We've already established that the leaker's info was liely outdated anyway.

Then there's the matter of the Chorus Men. People immediately dismissed the leak because they thought these characters had no chance in hell. Well guess what, there is a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run. That's a strong detail in their favor.

A common theory is that the leaker is someone who works in marketing. It's very possible he's not too familiar with these characters and just does his job. He may have thought that Chrom was someone else. To an outsider, a lot of Fire Emblem characters will look the same.

Of course, it's very possible it's a fake. All of the newcomers except for Wii Fit Trainer and Chorus Men are pretty obvious. He also said Shulk was coming and we got Robin revealed instead. His leaks also never mentioned Rosalina, Robin, or Lucina, though the latter was likely a later addition.

But still, the guessing of Wii Fit Trainer, the accuracy of the name Mii Fighter, and the appearance of the spooky spirits in Smash Run make it seem legit.

Another thing to note is that X and Y leaks featured a combination of exact info (like correct English names and very specific details), while also having some things that were never in the game. If this is the case, Shulk and the Chorus Men aren't exactly guaranteed.

I think the leak's dead and I hope it stays dead. I don't need people saying "lol that person's not in the Gematsu leak so they're not in" and people treating like the leak's gospel and that it's the final roster.

I'm not opposed to a Rhythm Heaven character, I'm opposed to Chorus Men because I think they're a shit character choice. Sakurai was saying he had trouble with Ice Climbers and they're two characters in one. Chorus Men are three in one. I think that's enough to dismiss Chorus Men, also for the fact there are better Rhythm Heaven characters.

Normally I'd agree with you except for one thing. He knew the Mii characters were gonna be referred to as Mii Fighters. He originally had them listed as Miis but in the days leading up to E3 he changed it to the accurate name Mii Fighters.

I think it's reasonable to say he has some info, but the extent of said info is unknown. Even if it is legit, I doubt these would be all the newcomers. His info is likely old so Shulk and Chorus Men aren't guaranteed. Now, Shulk was likely to begin with. Even if he gets confirmed, that won't help it too much. I think we will get a Rhythm Heaven character, but it will be Marshall instead.

I don't really want the leak to be true either but I think at least part of it is true. If the Chorus Men show up for whatever reason, then I think it's true. Shulk would give it a tiny bit of credit, but not guarantee its legitimacy.

i know this is about the gematsu leak, but uh, this leak is starting to gain some credibility; you need a smashboards account to read it, but it might be worth the read

it's all banking on whether bandana waddle dee and meta knight get revealed at SDCC for the sake of it being legit :P

edit: i forgot... the link.

gj me: http://smashboards.com/threads/leak.360830/

Back