Calling it now!

despite coming out years earlier?

I guess, and that would also put the Dreamcast with the PlayStation

I was going by release dates

which puts the wii far enough away from PS3 and 360 I would place it apart
same for dreamcast

only with the wii tho
the wii u just isn't holding up to its competitors like wii did

the dreamcast was ahead of its competition at release by ssooo far, but it had a poorly timed release and the PS2 cut it short
the wii had the opposite fortune, despite eventually being surpassed by the PS3 and 360, its well timed release meant it was ahead in the game for years before that happened

The Wii U's biggest problems was that they didn't make a good enough sell to the laymen as to what the Wii U could offer when they already had a Wii, and truth be told, it is something of a tough sell. The Wii had the good fortune of capitlizing on the motion control idea for all its worth, and I'd say it was rather successful in that regard.

Add to it the fact that its repertoire is lacking despite being out for awhile, and...yeah. Not exactly stellar.

Michell said:
despite coming out years earlier?

I guess, and that would also put the Dreamcast with the PlayStation

.......what......where did you even get that from....?

Xbox 360 first released in NA on November 22, 2005.
The Wii first released in NA on November 19, 2006.
The PS3 released in NA on November 17, 2006.

So, no, the Wii was actually released the latest of the three consoles, by 2 days so it doesn't make a difference.

And yes, Dreamcast was in the same generation as the Playstation and N64.

Michell said:
I was going by release dates

which puts the wii far enough away from PS3 and 360 I would place it apart
same for dreamcast
The Xbox360 was released in 2005 the Wii was released in 2006

Michell said:
ps2 pwns NGC imo
better graphics
uh the ps2 was weaker than the gcn tho

like as far as power went with that gen it was xbox > gamecube > ps2 > dreamcast

why do you think re4 wasn't as good

Aiko Heiwa said:
like as far as power went with that gen it was xbox > gamecube > ps2 > dreamcast

More like Xbox = Gamecube. It might have gotten the better specs but there were hardly any games that made use of them. (Even Halo looks like a GC game)

President Madagascar said:
Aiko Heiwa said:

More like Xbox = Gamecube. It might have gotten the better specs but there were hardly any games that made use of them. (Even Halo looks like a GC game)

Doom 3 was on Xbox, wasn't it?

I honestly only bought a Wii for Smash Bros Brawl, realized it was great, and got other games, so yes, that'll probably happen

Aiko Heiwa said:
President Madagascar said:
Aiko Heiwa said:

Doom 3 was on Xbox, wasn't it?

that (in an heavily chopped form), and riddick (and Enclave, and...).

not to mention multiplats being clearly superior like 98% of the time.

Back