Worst Bosses

NitoriAria

Candid Friend
What are some bad bosses that you've faced in gaming?

For me:

Basaran (Frustrating mechanics)
Hades's Heart (Maze for a battle arena and fast boss are a bad combination, also pointless)
Krauser knife fight (Centralized on QTE)
Bowser and Bowser Jr (Super Mario Sunshine) (You're fighting them in a tub of all things)
Shamans (Frustrating mechanics)
Alec Trevelyan (Infinitely respawning reinforcements)
Boobeam Trap (Forced to use the Crash Bombs)
MB (Another search segment and you can win by accident)
Jasper Batt Jr (Difficulty spike between phases and a lame phase 3)
Silver (Sonic 06) (IT'S NO USE TAKE THIS)
Pandora (Not threatening)
Eely Mouth (You "defeat" it by brushing its teeth)
Mecha Kracko (Limited time for you to strike him)
Bowser (PM:SS) (Forced to use Things to defeat him)
Anyone in LoZ CD-I (Poorly designed and poorly executed)

Berkana said:
NitoriAria said:
Wasn't that pretty much every boss battle in a nutshell?
If memory serves, one sticker was enough to severely damage one boss, but Bowser had no such weakness at first.

Some bosses in Chrono Trigger were complicated yet amusing, but one of them, Guardian, made me go crazy. Never beat him. Stuck in the game.

Super Mario Galaxy 2's final boss. That's no contest for me.

final boss of tales of symphonia 2.

Not many bosses ive encountered where you can beat them without getting hit.

Berkana said:
NitoriAria said:
Wasn't that pretty much every boss battle in a nutshell?

You don't have to use Things in general to defeat any of the bosses except Bowser Jr. the first time, the Big Cheep Cheep and probably Big Boo (I don't remember this fight very well so I'm not sure) and mind you, those are all mini bosses. You just have to be creative; I can testify to beating every boss but those particular ones without Things (let alone Things they're weak to) and it was somewhat enjoyable to figure out.

And for the record, Mizzter Blizzard and Petey Piranha don't even have as effective weaknesses, especially the latter.

Hag 1 in Banjo-Tooie, pretty difficult by it's own. Using the cheat "HoneyBack" to replenish your health over time (every 3 seconds) makes it pretty easy.

Super Dimentio, very very easy for a last boss by it's own, even easier if you passed the Flopside Pit of 100 Trials.

Shadoo, is awfully very very very....... very easy to beat just by spamming Bowser's flames.

Bowser in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, very easy.

King K. Rool in Donkey Kong 64 with Diddy.. Pretty lame hard.

Elder Princess Shroob from Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, because of the cheap difficulty.

Tabuu, you get 6 Characters to fight him with, I've beaten him with just 2 before.

That cannon boss from Mega Man 2 was horrible, who thought that idea of a boss would be good. If you screw up your crash bombs, you are forced to die and have to get back ALL OF THE AMMO YOU LOST BEFORE YOU CAN RETRY.

Also Ganondorf from Twilight Princess was a very underwhelming final boss, it was built up so well to the point was quite surprised to see that is was very ordinary.

The Imprisoned from Skyward Sword is fuckin annoying

Water Crunch in Crash Bandicoot the Wrath of Cortex. Took me months to beat him because of the game's bad hit detection. Also though I love the game most of the bosses in Batman Arkham Asylum are underwhelming. Apart from the Poison Ivy fight they're pretty much the same thing. Wait for them to charge, throw a batarang at them, punch them, dodge back to avoid being hit and repeat until defeated. Even the final boss was too easy even on hard mode. Arkham City had better bosses though.

Not technically a boss, but that 1 million rubee challenge in Super Paper Mario.
Also Spider Mimi really scared me. Each took months.

Misty said:
Not technically a boss, but that 1 million rubee challenge in Super Paper Mario.
Also Spider Mimi really scared me. Each took months.

Did you know about the trick to finish with only 10000 Rubees?

Nah, I looked it up online with my dad eventually and found the vault.
MnSG said:
Arena Waddle Dee: Inhale and swallow it, and the fight is over.
Isn't that a joke fight, though?

Final boss of the Hebijo story in Senran Kagura. Not many bosses I can fell easily even after FLIPPING THE CONSOLE UPSIDE DOWN. The PENULTIMATE fight against Asuka was rather awesome, but then we get a boss SO EASY...well I just said how easy.

Back