Do you like Skyrim?

Do you like Skyrim?

• Total voters

RedShell

I'm back. You didn't miss me, huh?
I am RedShell. I am a :lakitu:. I love Skyrim, do you? The greatest thing that ever happened to me on Skyrim was on Bleak Falls Barrow I killed some guy called Arvel when I was supposed to free him. Apparently he would have done a runner anyway, good job Red!
Remember, :toad: hates Skyrim `cos there's violence!

I didn't play much but it was pretty decent. From what I did play though I preferred Oblivion.

Vast as an ocean, deep as a puddle. There's so much to do, but after a certain point, a lot of it starts to feel repetitive and even tedious. Also, for someone who likes to complete everything, this game is ridiculously impossible to beat. I still enjoyed my time with the game, though.

I only have two acheivements left: One is to kill a Legendary Dragon and the other is some thing about Lycanthropy which I will never get because I am am Argonian with the "Cure all deseases" racial power. That really annoys me! Like you, I will never get everything in the game - I discarded some old stuff after it said I was carrying too much - but there's a lot to do! I don't think I've got across the whole land of Skyrim yet.
Did you know at the VERY top of the Throat of the World there's some rare ore? I got it so long ago that I can't remember what it was, but it's worth a look.

RedShell said:
I only have two acheivements left: One is to kill a Legendary Dragon and the other is some thing about Lycanthropy which I will never get because I am am Argonian with the "Cure all deseases" racial power.

Lycanthropy is not something being an Argonian can cure. I should know, since I played the game as an Argonian and got it easily (you get it through what I believe is usually an early questline involving the Companions). In fact, most of my time was spent ravaging the land as a werewolf.

nope.

very boring game, mainly due to the combat system, dumb enemy ai, and a lot of same designs for caves, dungeons, etc.

@Junketsu
Thanks, I was just wondering how a reptile could become a mammal...

Never played it, a lot of people at school gushed over it and said it was the best thing ever. I know I don't often judge a game from videos I watch, but the combat just looked so god damn boring. Most of them only said they liked it because they didn't want to feel left out but I didn't want to do that and just exited any conversation about it. Now that I think about it, they may have took that the wrong way and that might have started the whole 'not friends anymore' scenario I'm in with them now.

I'm also not a fan of the world design, towns look sort of medieval-ish and I despise that. I just think that type of look is ugly.

The thing about Skyrim, and chances are the rest of the Elder Scrolls series, is that in contains everyone I love, but I cannot get into it. I don't own the game, but I have watched people play it, and have played it a good amount of time myself. I just can't get into it. I do not know what it is, but there is something huge missing that makes it incredibly boring.

In comparison with the other Elder Scrolls games, Skyrim is (at least in my opinion) more dull and repetitive. I know that you weren't bored as easily by the story and landscapes of Oblivion and Morrowind. Even though I didn't buy Skyrim I'd like to at one day, because it's still a really good game IMO (while forgetting about the buggy and unplayable PS3 and XB360 versions).

I'd call you out for having an irrational opinion if I didn't have the same opinion as yours. :P

overrated trash

brings anger hearing the name

i want to forget spending money on it

Extremely fun to dick around in, but not the deepest game around. The fan-made mods kept things interesting for me after I started to lose interest in the actual game, at least.

Played it for the first time today. Didn't get very far but I have to admit, it's a really interesting game.

Back