Something I found out about Super Mario Sunshine's music

chillv

9-Volt must be my video game counterpart.
I have a theory that all the music in the areas in Super Mario Sunshine are the same song but played differently to sound as if they are different song.

You will begin to notice this if you listen to Isle Delfino Plaza, then Ricco Harbor, and then Galeto Beach all in one go.

I also believe Noki Bay, Sierra Beach and Pianta Village apply to this too, but the notes are played in a way that it's very hard to catch. However, I am not 100% sure on these three. In fact, I would like you guys to bring this theory even further since I already have 3 songs that I am 100% sure about.

You forgot Bianco Hills in that list.

But yeah, I see what you mean. I've heard it in the other worlds.

I thought this was common knowledge.

Layperson usage of theory.

No, I did recognize the music being reused, but in a slower tempo or different instruments or something like that.

just because a piece of music has the same basic melody doesn't mean it's the same music

remixes that sound totally different qualify as different music

also the best music in sunshine is ricco harbor

Layperson usage of remix

Well, that's what I meant. Kind of like Super Mario World's reusing the first level's melody.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Kind of like Super Mario World's reusing the first level's melody.

Or Yoshi's Island DS

except both examples are terrible

This is nothing new. Time for me to put my music degree hat on for this one...

I listened to all three and they don't sound that similar. They do use some of the same chord progressions though - but that's common in video game and popular music.

Now many games do use things like leitmotifs (akin to what Wagner does in his Operas or John Williams did in Star Wars) where characters can get a particular theme. For a basic example, listen to Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf. Katamary Damacy has a few melodies that are in a lot of the game soundtracks. Castlevania also does this, but rarely.

Sometimes, a character is given a theme, or an area, or some other plot device. The theme can be slowed down or modulated to give it a different 'feeling'.

By the way, those aren't songs since nobody was singing ;)

valkhorn said:
This is nothing new. Time for me to put my music degree hat on for this one...

I listened to all three and they don't sound that similar. They do use some of the same chord progressions though - but that's common in video game and popular music.

Now many games do use things like leitmotifs (akin to what Wagner does in his Operas or John Williams did in Star Wars) where characters can get a particular theme. For a basic example, listen to Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf. Katamary Damacy has a few melodies that are in a lot of the game soundtracks. Castlevania also does this, but rarely.

Sometimes, a character is given a theme, or an area, or some other plot device. The theme can be slowed down or modulated to give it a different 'feeling'.

By the way, those aren't songs since nobody was singing ;)

Whatever

apparently the person thinks you're stupid because you said whatever

Back