The Nintendo investor meeting and what it means for Mario

Refrigerator Kirby said:
Anser said:
I hope this means:

1. No more New Super Shitty Mario Bros. in at least 15 years.
2. F-Zero is reviving.

[/delusion]
Axe something that makes lot's of money and bring back something that makes very little money that's the craziest thing i've ever heard
And it's not like they weren't advertising F-Zero. It had an anime, for Yamauchi's sake! Nobody was interested, and the GameCube game didn't sell as much as Double Dash or Kirby Air Ride.

Kirby Air Ride > Mario Kart Double Dash > F-Zero.

Those two have a lot of merchandise. I mean, I have to look for Mario stuff compared to Angry Birds stuff.

Skylanders, not only has it have a lot of crap to buy (several books, multiple playsets, plush toys, etc.), it also started the unholy trend of pay-to-play overpriced figures content.

I used to have a t-shirt of Super Mario Bros. 3 artwork arranged into the shape of a Super Mushroom.

Dracomon said:
I think maybe a couple of people need to sit down and think of kickbutt T-shirt designs. Because all Mario shirts are sort of...lacking in creativity.
I wish I can be part of T-Shirt design. I mean, I did have a great time designing Mario T-Shirts...

I do like my "Size Matters" shirt with bigger and bigger Marios and my Wing Man shirt of Wing Mario.

I want a shirt with Baby Mario Bros. in them

Baby Luigi said:
I want a shirt with Baby Mario Bros. in them
Not that hard to do. I own three Fawful shirts and a Dimentio shirt. Of course, I got two of them from a guy who made custom shirts and the others from a custom shirt website. One would think the Baby Mario Bros. would be important enough to already be on an official shirt though. Maybe a Yoshi's Island shirt?

Anyway, if the marketing plan is changing hopefully the Mario RPGs will be advertised more, as they're currently obscure and hideously underrated for games that have much more content than the main Marios for the most part.

Count Bleck said:
Not that hard to do. I own three Fawful shirts and a Dimentio shirt. Of course, I got two of them from a guy who made custom shirts and the others from a custom shirt website. One would think the Baby Mario Bros. would be important enough to already be on an official shirt though. Maybe a Yoshi's Island shirt?

Anyway, if the marketing plan is changing hopefully the Mario RPGs will be advertised more, as they're currently obscure and hideously underrated for games that have much more content than the main Marios for the most part.

Yeah I know, but sadly they aren't in yet. I want a custom shirt...maybe for my b-day.

Yes, I actually want Mario RPGs get merchandising. A Shroob figurine would be totally bawss

Count Bleck said:
[...][T]he Mario RPGs will be advertised more, as they're currently obscure and hideously underrated for games that have much more content than the main Marios for the most part.
They aren't obscure nor are they hideously underrated.

I'm pretty sure he meant that in a relative basis.

It's both bias and poor word choice.

not sure how mario rpgs are obscure and underrated games

hell the first two paper mario games are more overrated then most rpgs by a land slide

let alone the m&l series and whatever else of paper mario games.

The better choice is that they're well-received, fairly popular games, that uses a niche exposition (characters and storyline). "Niche" is a much better word than "obscure", although the two can overlap.

He's speaking relative to the platformer/kart series.

Which is kinda true. Something more obscure than the RPGs doesn't make the RPGs any less obscure compared to the kart/platformer titles.

But otherwise, no, they're not that obscure and they're definitely not underrated.

His comparison to "obscure" is vague, so I thought he meant "the Mario series as a whole".

Again, obscure is by far not the best word choice. "Niche" is more like it.

Whenever he mentions the Mario series when he complains about Mario RPG characters not getting enough representation (hint: often) he always has the Mario platformers and karts in mind, with some Tennis/Golf/Party somewhere

I hope they manage to create something new. A new Mario spin-off, like when they created Mario Party. Something original.

Anser said:
I hope they manage to create something new. A new Mario spin-off, like when they created Mario Party. Something original.

Like a golfing game, where you sit in karts and have to play random minigames before you can shoot the ball?

i'd totally buy that

Anser said:
A cross between Mario lacrosse and rugby.

*BUMP*

Check this out.

BnE9xm1CEAEdMPx.jpg:large

Interactive Nintendo figures will be thing. You know, like Infinity and that botched Spyro reboot Skylanders.

I thought of this thread when I heard about this, so I posted it.

Back