Your Mario Kart 8 Retro Track Predictions/Wants - DLC Pack 2

Re: Your Mario Kart 8 Retro Track Predictions/Wants

I'd love to see a return of Tick Tock Clock, Royal Raceway and Mushroom City.

Baby Luigi said:
Yes, I want more Super Circuit courses

Can I haz Lakeside Park, Ribbon Road, Cheese Land, Sunset Wilds, and Yoshi Desert plz?

Lakeside Park, Willows in the breeze. Lakeside park, so many memories. ♪

Yoshi Valley, with the black, question-mark boxes intact.

Make it happen, Nintendo.

Josie Burton said:
Airship Fortress
MK7

fantanoice said:

No way please

Baby Luigi said:
fantanoice said:

No way please
Nintendo, ignore this individual.

fantanoice said:
Baby Luigi said:
fantanoice said:

No way please
Nintendo, ignore this individual.

Don't ignore me Nintendo

You put Baby Luigi in the game, don't disappoint me further

fantanoice said:

Make it happen to not happen, Nintendo.

fantanoice said:

You're not alone. I want Yoshi Valley back too. That course was very entertaining. Of course, they should make the roads bigger.

I abhorred that course in Grand Prix mode.

DS Bowser's Castle. Could work really good with the glider.

I'd like to have Sunset Wilds. That and Lakeside Park are the only courses in the entire series where the background turns from sunset to night after every lap you pass. In Lakeside Park, the volcano starts erupting after lap two. I don't know why that neat feature never returned (lap 1 is day, lap 2 is sunset, lap 3 is night).

I thought it kind of did with Grumble Volcano, I remember the track falling down in later laps and I know the volcano shot out rocks, but I can't remember whether it did that on all laps.

Thermidor 2 said:
I thought it kind of did with Grumble Volcano, I remember the track falling down in later laps and I know the volcano shot out rocks, but I can't remember whether it did that on all laps.
Grumble Volcano has pieces of road breaking off and falling debris that gets worse, correct, but it's based on a timer, not lap-count.

Yeah, I mean, I want the backgrounds of some stages to change while the lap count went up, not just some features added (like Coconut Mall having changed escalators). The one in Music Park is also based on a timer. I mean, maybe a Haunted House that is tranquil daytime in the first lap, but the second lap is where the house actually comes to life. And in the third lap, it dies down because it will become sunrise.

fantanoice said:

^this

Am I and my clone the only one who seriously despises Yoshi Valley?

Stupid black question mark squares + one always faster path which means everyone will use it + stupidly long drop to the bottom every time you fell = WHAT!?

I hate Yoshi Valley so much. Oh, my god. So many bad memories.

anything from mk64 is bad to me.

A lot of things are bad. N64 Rainbow Road, Banshee Boardwalk, Toad's Turnpike (Extra Mode), physics, graphics, AI programming... it's easily the worst one in the series, although Super Mario Kart comes close.

Levels I'd like to see in MK8:
SNES Koopa Beach 1
SNES Vanilla Lake 1 or 2
N64 Yoshi Valley
N64 Rainbow Road
DS Tick Tock Clock
DS Cheep Cheep Beach
MKW Moonview Highway
MKW DK's Snowboard Cross
3DS Alpine Pass
3DS Wuhu Mountain Loop or DK Jungle

Baby Luigi said:

Stupid black question mark squares + one always faster path which means everyone will use it + stupidly long drop to the bottom every time you fell = WHAT!?

Yeah, those things would have to be fixed. But the fact that you don't know your actual position (both in the course and in the ranks) made that course interesting!

Well, guys, I was thinking that this may be one of the last Mario Kart games featuring Nintendo 64 tracks. Let's break it down:

Mushroom Cup:
-Luigi Circuit (Reused on Mario Kart 7)
-Moo Moo Farm (Reused on Mario Kart DS)
-Koopa Troopa Beach (Reused on Mario Kart 7)
-Kalimari Desert (Reused on Mario Kart 7)

Flower Cup:
-Toad's Turnpike
-Frappe Snowland (Reused on Mario Kart DS)
-Choco Mountain (Reused on Mario Kart DS)
-Mario Circuit (Reused on Mario Kart Wii)

Star Cup:
-Wario Stadium
-Sherbet Land (Reused on Mario Kart Wii)
-Royal Raceway
-Bowser's Castle (Reused on Mario Kart Wii)

Special Cup:
-Donkey Kong's Jungle Parkway (Reused on Mario Kart Wii)
-Yoshi Valley
-Banshee Boardwalk (Reused on Mario Kart DS)
-Rainbow Road

Which leaves us with only 5 selectable tracks left from Mario Kart 64. Since 64 was one of the most prominent games in the series, I would say that they'll pick at least 4 so they put one in each cup, leaving only 1 for the next game. They could also pick just 2 and leave 3 for the next game, or viceversa. And since all five tracks left seem to get their fair amount of hate here, you're bound to be disappointed, so there's that.

Unless they start re-reusing tracks, which I'd absolutely despise.

wario stadium was in wii.....
and rainbow road has been remade so many times its hard to tell the reuse from the new versions, I wouldn't count it as a retro track unless its the same layout

Michell said:
and rainbow road has been remade so many times its hard to tell the reuse from the new versions, I wouldn't count it as a retro track unless its the same layout

Nope. That was Waluigi Stadium, and that was from Double Dash.

Anser said:
fantanoice said:

You're not alone. I want Yoshi Valley back too. That course was very entertaining. Of course, they should make the roads bigger.
I dunno, that really narrow pathway should remain pretty tricky to get across to balance the distance-to-difficulty ratio. I usually used the path that crossed the bridge though (second from the right), which always seemed to be faster anyway.

Baby Luigi said:

You guys totally completely missed the point of Yoshi Valley. The idea is that the more difficult pathways are shorter, so it creates this really interesting risk-reward factor that no other course in the series really has. Plus the question marks gave it this extra charm that meant you didn't know what placing you were (though technically you could always find out by slipping on something and seeing where you were on the map).

It's a long drop to the bottom because it's a valley. :b Though after DD, the recovery times have been shorter so you probably won't need to worry about that. I'll admit that can be a little unforgiving.

Princess Zae said:
anything from mk64 is bad to me.
Lies make Baby Jesus cry.

Michell said:
I could see Rainbow Road 64 happening because RR SNES was in Mario Kart 7. I would love to see it come back just for the song~

Back