Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros. series

Giga12

Filthy weeaboo, game nerd and all-around creep
Alright, so here you can post whatever opinions you think are unpopular about SSB.

I'll start.

)I think Final Destination is boring. I don't like stages with no personality or special quirks. Of course, there are stages with too many quirks (I'm looking at you, Mario Bros.)
)I don't like Snake's inclusion in Brawl.
)I think Smash Bros. should not be a competitive fighter, and am perfectly fine with Brawl's casual style.

Giant Melee, 2.0, 3 CPUs fighting, -2 SDs, with Bob-ombs, Green Shells, Red Shells, Motion Sensor Bombs, Warpstars, Screw Attacks, and Party Balls, on gimmicky stages is the only true way to play Super Smash Bros. Melee

Not sure if this counts. But I don't consider Project M as a separate game from Brawl, the graphics, the extra stuff, are a main reason why. It's all-in-all a mod of Brawl that serves as an expansion Pack that while it changes the core gameplay to be more like Melee. It does not equal a separate game. Project M just makes Brawl better. And considering I still like Brawl the most out of the three official games, that's compliment enough. As it stands, Project M cannot exist without Brawl so it confuses me when people who like a competitive Smash Bros. more goes for Project M > Melee > Brawl when I consider Project M still a part of Brawl.

In addition, I love Project M more for the ability to add mods to the game without hacks (Different stages, costumes, and ability to change the music, etc) more so then I do for the more competitive aspect of the game.

Giga12 said:
)I think Smash Bros. should not be a competitive fighter, and am perfectly fine with Brawl's casual style.
This is bullshit.

I'm fine with people being casual. I myself play the more "competitive way," but that doesn't mean I say the game shouldn't be played casually. Why deny the people who want to play competitively just because you don't like it?

Melee is a great example. It's very competitive but still can be played casually.

What I meant was, I prefer he series as a casual fighter. I'm perfectly fine with people playing competitively. I apologise if my wording was unclear.

Northern Verve said:
Not sure if this counts. But I don't consider Project M as a separate game from Brawl, the graphics, the extra stuff, are a main reason why. It's all-in-all a mod of Brawl that serves as an expansion Pack that while it changes the core gameplay to be more like Melee. It does not equal a separate game. Project M just makes Brawl better. And considering I still like Brawl the most out of the three official games, that's compliment enough. As it stands, Project M cannot exist without Brawl so it confuses me when people who like a competitive Smash Bros. more goes for Project M > Melee > Brawl when I consider Project M still a part of Brawl.

In addition, I love Project M more for the ability to add mods to the game without hacks (Different stages, costumes, and ability to change the music, etc) more so then I do for the more competitive aspect of the game.

You're not alone on this, and Project M isn't known for the ability to customize as much as just simply modding your Brawl.

By the way, I think Brawl Minus is superior to Project M

Giga12 said:
What I meant was, I prefer he series as a casual fighter. I'm perfectly fine with people playing competitively. I apologise if my wording was unclear.

just be warned that the ssb series is a fighting game franchise, and with that all fighting games are competitive.

1) I also don't like Final Destination.
2) I also disliked Snake's inclusion in Brawl.
3) I think Ike is way too overpowered and I think he desperately needs to be nerfed.
4) I hope Pokémon Trainer gets cut for Smash 4. I have nothing against him, but he's just too gimmicky.
5) I didn't like R.O.B.'s inclusion in Brawl, but I hope he returns for Smash 4.
6) I hope Waluigi and Toad are never playable in Super Smash Bros.

I'll keep posting.

)I didn't want Rosalina.
)I think Wii Fit Trainer is awesome.
)I hate Captain Falcon.
)I like gimmicky stages.
)I hate Coin matches.
)I don't like stickers.

-I too dislike stages such Final Destination and Battlefield.
-I would probably cut Jigglypuff if it meant Meowth would become playable (but I want Jiggs to return otherwise).
-Takamaru is one of my least favorite retro picks.
-If there is a new Zelda character, it most likely won't be Ghirahim.
-Lucario is among the characters whose returns I am hoping for the most.

Rosalina is a completely stupid addition and Spear Pillar is the best stage in Brawl.

I think the idea of Paper Mario in here is STUPID.

My popular opinion that I take this rumor for what it is: a rumor

Giga12 said:
My unpopular opinion:

I want Ike in SSB4.

I don't think that's unpopular unless you're one of the fans who think Fire Emblem can only get 2 reps and you prefer Roy, Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Lyn, etc.

I do kind of think Fire Emblem deserves 3 reps. Marth, Ike and Chrom for me.

Giga12 said:
I do kind of think Fire Emblem deserves 3 reps. Marth, Ike and Chrom for me.

I'm thinking the same way (And I'm not even a huge Fire Emblem fan). I can't deny Fire Emblem has risen up in popularity internationally.

Back