I hope Sakurai doesn't focus too much on multiplayer.

Northern Verve said:
A Melee-like Adventure mode that's different based on the character would be pretty cool I'd say.
holy shit they need to do this
thatd be like, the most awesomest thing ever

I know this topic is a bit old, but I want to verify that I don't want this game to be a $60 game that will just collect dust after a few days just because I have nobody to play with.

Also, I won't be getting the 3DS version. It's graphics look like crap!

Vocal Beat said:
How can you "have nobody to play with" when there's online play? :???:

I don't really find online that engaging. It's more fun when playing with people you actually are around and can talk to. Even if it had voice chat, I don't know anyone far away who has a Wii U and the internet. My parents probably wouldn't approve of it if it was for random encounter, and if I was of age for that, I'm very shy so that wouldn't work.

Aiko Heiwa said:
chillv said:
Also, I won't be getting the 3DS version. It's graphics look like crap!
Looks better than the Wii U version of Smash 4, to be honest.

I hope that's a joke

Hmm, I hope that SSB 3DS has online mode, because I don't want to be fighting against bots all of the time... Love multiplayer. The bots are too predictable in their way. Human people would invent stategies, and that's fun.

Look, I'm going to be brutally honest here.

Smash is designed to be a multiplayer game. That's the whole point. Buying Smash for single player is like buying a loaf of bread to eat the crust. It's not our fault you don't have friends, so stop whining.

Again, just being honest here.

I think the same. Fighting games are meant to be played with your friends (or real people at default). Single player is quite boring.

Tbh most of the time I spent with Melee was SP but it was simple, focused, and quick, which made it always fun to pick up and play. Brawl had more stuff in the SP, but it was such a mess by comparison because it seemed like they just threw in more and more stuff rather than perfecting what they already had.

However, the game is meant to be competitive at the core, so more focus should go into the MP, but it would ignorant to think that there wouldn't be an audience for the SP mode and that deserves some focus as well.

I would have no problem with tons and tons of multi-player. I really just hope that the single-player mode is fun too, which I felt outside of subspace emissary, was not true in Brawl.

Back