ScrewAttack's DeathBattle

What did Silver do?

They've actually made a response regarding why Mewtwo Vs. Shadow and not Silver (Nor Frieza either for those who don't understand how one-sided that would have been). I understand it better now. (And laughed at the knocks on Silver)

Ck7kE8uUgAE0HFQ.jpg

Even though they're no longer affiliated with ScrewAttack, the guys at One Minute Melee take it upon themselves to satisfy unhappy Death Battle fans once again.

Kyle Reese wins

But I'm still not satisfied because I wanted to see Trunks fight Dave Strider :mad:

SiFi said:
What the fart

They brought back Shadow and made him fight Mewtwo instead of Ryuko Matoi

Forget all y'all at Screwattack you don't know anything... at all, about... life. How dare you
Shadow vs Ryuko would be exactly like Mewtwo vs Frieza, characters only similar in looks.

Mewtwo's mind reading can just pre-emptively counter anything Shadow tries
I mean he'd need some pretty incredible reaction times wouldn't he? Those dudes out there who know every Pokémon's every potential stats and movesets and Pokédex entrys ant etc., is Mewtwo a particularly fast Pokémon? Are there any Pokémon capable of doing something at the speed of light, and if so would Mewtwo be at an advantage or disadvantage if he went up against them? Is the split second between Shadow deciding his next move and acting on that enough for Mewtwo to really accomplish anything meaningful?

Maybe you'll find this video to also be very satisfying.

Don't get me wrong, I like Street Fighter. I like Mortal Kombat. With Sonya or Cammy I have no strong preference between one or the other. But I was rooting for Cammy because it's just so tiring for them to go over the same point again and again, that despite being business rivals in the '90s, Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter are very different games on very different scales. Having them reiterate this point again and again is getting just as annoying to me as hammering in the conclusion to Superman vs. Goku again and again. They're right, but they only need to prove it once.

Next up is Tracer from Overwatch. She's been compared to TF2's Scout a lot, but that probably not going to be the matchup because Tracer has time slowing/stopping powers, right? I don't know her or Overwatch that well.

EDIT: Bothered to check and apparently she can slow time or go back three seconds. Maybe they'll pit her against Sakuya from Touhou?

It was Scout and he lost. Still, it ended up being fairer than I thought it would in the above post, if only a little.

Next is Ken Masters. My first guess for his opponent is Terry Bogard. My second guess, with a "please no I've had enough" attached, is someone from Mortal Kombat like Kung Lao or Johnny Cage.

Both this show and One Minute Melee seem to favor fighting games in general, maybe because it's more likely they'll have all the sprites they need for the battle itself?

Oh hey, I didn't know Terry's fighting style involved him weaponizing Earth's chi. That means he could beat Superman. :smug:

Man it wasn't even Mortal Kombat but it was still tiring to hear them say "Street Fighter lost because their opponent's series is on a much larger scale". But if you've seen what kind of ridiculous stuff can happen in Asura's Wrath, and seen that both Ryu and Akuma can keep up with this amount of ridiculousness when they make their guest appearences, you may start to wonder if that's really the case. Plus it seems likely to me for reasons I can elaborate on if anyone cares that SF2 canonically ended with Ken singlehandedly defeating Akuma.

For the record, I prefer Terry over Ken as a character because I find him more fun to play as and more entertaining in general.

Next is Amy Rose versus question marks. I'm kind of hoping for Roll.

Edit: Damn it, they're treating Archie as a reliable source again. And Sonic Boom, despite the explicit evidence that it's just something a bad Sonic cosplayer daydreamed while taking out the trash.

but it crossed over with archie in worlds unite

Then I guess Archie's also nothing more than a daydream. Surprise.

Oh thank goodness, I thought GalacticPetey leaving meant this thread would be even more "SiFi and only SiFi" than before. Which it probably will be for the most part because I'm the only one without anything better to do.

now you're stuck with me, congrats

I'm actually pretty surprised they chose Ramona of all people, not that it's a bad thing. Can't really decide who would win, though.

I don't have much to say about the outcome of today's battle. I just wonder, as always, how far Amy could have gotten if they didn't keep treating things like Archie and X as reliable sources. One thing from neither that they didn't bring up was Amy having her own version of Shadow's Chaos Blast, called Rose Typhoon.

Next is Hulk vs. hopefully not Broly. But that's probably exactly what they'll do considering how suspiciously recent One Minute Melee's Hulk vs. Broly match was.

EDIT: It's Doomsday. I got Hulk vs. Broly and Hulk vs. Doomsday, but I want a match without the Hulk and it doesn't look as likely to happen now.

My double posts shall never cease. I wasn't really that interested in the latest battle, but I heard Deadpool's coming back for the next, so I hope they're pitting him against Lobo this time.

Hehe, that was a fun little joke episode

Though admittedly I spoiled myself on terms of the "results" because I likely wouldn't have watched if Pinkie dies. Which if they played out the match more seriously would of likely been the result. Call me a pansy all you want on that end, but I'm satisfied with how they actually did the episode. Felt like more of a tribute to both wacky characters.

Cause if they had played it straight. A Deadpool win would kinda feel like they just did it to appease those who were angry they let a pony win a Death battle earlier (Rainbow Vs. Starscream). While a Pinkie win would be a nonsense upset win that would piss off even more people.

Back