Hyrule Warriors

Deku Link said:
When I saw it, I was like "This is really what the New Zelda game will be?"

Watched it with a straight face, disapproving of them, being like "that's all? And the graphics don't even look like Normal Zelda standards!"

And then Iwata afterwards is like "This is not the main Zelda for the Wii U, but a crossover game" and I was like "Thank the goddesses!"
^This. So much. I'll probably end up playing it eventually though because Link.

I wonder why everyone is like:

"Hey look, a new Dynasty Warriors game!" *turns around and goes away*

I think the series is pretty good, and I am really excited for this.

The Grinch said:
I wonder why everyone is like:

"Hey look, a new Dynasty Warriors game!" *turns around and goes away*

I think the series is pretty good, and I am really excited for this.

yes dw is a great series, especially its spin-offs such as samurai warriors and warrios orochi.

Fantastic games, also great co-op.

It looks pretty cool. I've never played Dynasty Warriors, but it looks ridiculously awesome. I just hope Link isn't the only playable character. If we could fight as Zelda...that would be awesome.

considering how dw usually works there probably will be more playable characters.

As about every dw game has plenty of characters to choose from.

AWESOME! I just want to play as Zelda. Although they might also have Ganondorf and maybe even Sheik, considering this looks very OOT. Or Impa from SS!

Link merged with Dynasty Warriors is actually a good idea; Dynasty Warriors also has horse-riding.

LOL, the AI of the enemies, though. I love how they're just standing there and watching the hero kill them all.

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
Link merged with Dynasty Warriors is actually a good idea; Dynasty Warriors also has horse-riding.

LOL, the AI of the enemies, though. I love how they're just standing there and watching the hero kill them all.

well it depends on the difficulty and the type of enemy.

More powerful enemies like generals fight back a lot and can actually kick your ass if you're not careful.

This game looks pretty cool. I have an older brother who plays some of the Dynasty Warriors games. Let's see who will be playable

This is making me want to go pick up a Dynasty Warriors game again.

I hope it does have plenty of characters though. I'd rather not be stuck to Link only.

New Super Mario said:
I don't really like it, tbh. I'll keep an open mind though and wait to see more.

But it was really ugly.

Let's wait. Remember when Super Mario 3D World was first unveiled?

Yeah, Super Mario 3D looked ugly, like a Wii game with HD graphics. Then, we got a trailer and then it looked much better.

While I think it is good to see Nintendo IPs taken in new directions, that trailer was pretty far from impressive. Like, that 'Hyrule Warriors' title screen looked so plain, like, they didn't even try to make it look professional, and that disappoints me.

Though I've still been curious to try the Dynasty Warriors games so maybe this will be my entry into them.

Well, it's not the final name and it's just been announced, so they really had no reason to make it look professional.

Mario4Ever said:
Well, it's not the final name and it's just been announced, so they really had no reason to make it look professional.
Except to, you know, promote the game and show that they actually care about the project.

Like, these aren't finalised names but they don't look like something out of a 14yr old's media studies project:
tumblr_my1anzzm9n1sl5pypo1_500.jpg

I kinda got the impression that they didn't know what to call it and just tacked on a name last minute just so they didn't say "unnamed Zelda spinoff."

Don't know about you, but I much prefer 'Hyrule Warriors' to 'unnamed Zelda spinoff'.

EDIT: Found this on reddit, looks like the japanese logo was prepared for it.

4izOt78.png

I actually saw that on Wikipedia shortly after but even that looks more impressive than the tacked-on English words.

The point is that they had literally a minute to convince people to buy their game over all over games and they went with the tackiest way of presenting something and it's just not good enough.

....you do realize the game is on a pretty early stage, right?

Back