Should I give these games a chance?

chillv

9-Volt must be my video game counterpart.
Mario Kart 7
I skipped this game because it looked like the flying and swimming sections would be brief and gimmicky, the character roster is mediocre in my opinion, (It's alright, you're just mad because you can't play as Bowser Jr.) the customization options looked limited and the new items in the game made me skeptical because it seemed as if it would make things too chaotic, causing races to become almost luck based. If I am wrong about any of these and I should give the game a chance, please tell me.

Paper Mario Sticker Star
Just to let you know, I have never played a Paper Mario game before. This game looks interesting with it's sticker, and the gameplay looks fun to me. However, I have heard so much criticism about the game that I am skeptical. Will I like this game?

Mario Tennis Open
My first Mario Tennis was Mario Power Tennis (Wii Version) and I liked it. I see that this game doesn't have "Special Moves" and "Gimmick Courses" and instead has basic tennis with a few additions such as dressing up you mii and special modes but it doesn't matter to me. However, I have only heard negative stuff about this game so I am skeptical.

New Super Mario Bros. 2
I see that this game is basically "COINS! COINS! COINS! LOOK AT ALL THE COINS! I MUST HAVE THEM ALL!". However, the DLC thing turned me off of getting the game. Is the game long? If that is the case, I am welcome to buy it. I would love a coin frenzy game as long as it's not awfully short.

Please inform me if any of these games are worth my time and money.

make sure you've played fire emblem awakening, kid icarus uprising, and pokemon xy before you try these

Mario Kart 7, for sure.

But the others really aren't that good to spend 40 bucks on (if you can find them for cheap, sure)

BUT YES FIRE EMBLEM FIRST

I don't really have an opinion on most of them, but skip Sticker Star. Try and pick up Paper Mario or TTYD, or SPM for that matter. They're all a lot better.

Get MK7 and NSMB2.

Mario Tennis Open is meh.

Sticker Star, while I like it, is something you'd probably hate.

Dr. Javelin said:
make sure you've played fire emblem awakening, kid icarus uprising, and pokemon xy before you try these

Fire Emblem

Perma death? No. Even though there is a mode to turn that off in Awakening, it doesn't seem like a game that I will like that much.

Kid Icarus Uprising

I'm left handed and I don't feel like investing in a circle pad pro, enough said.

Pokemon X/Y

Pokemon is simply not my thing.

Glaceon said:
Get MK7 and NSMB2.

Oh, did I mention that I'm very linient with the quality or problems of games to the point that I sometimes enjoy games that are looked at as mediocre or even crap. (For example: Sonic 06 is actually one of my favorite Sonic games)

If you want a good 3DS Mario game, get Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Yeah, Mario isn't really in it much, but it's still the best Mario game I've played in a while.

chillv said:
Oh, did I mention that I'm very linient with the quality or problems of games to the point that I sometimes enjoy games that are looked at as mediocre or even crap.
You just said in the other thread that nothing on the PS3 interested you.

ゴジラ said:
If you want a good 3DS Mario game, get Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Yeah, Mario isn't really in it much, but it's still the best Mario game I've played in a while.
AND YES!

New Super Mario said:
chillv said:
Oh, did I mention that I'm very linient with the quality or problems of games to the point that I sometimes enjoy games that are looked at as mediocre or even crap.
You just said in the other thread that nothing on the PS3 interested you.

I said nothing on PS4 or Xbox1 interested me.

(wait, is he making a joke)

And yes, I will be getting Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. In fact, that's why it is not on this list. This lists games that interested me, but stuff that I heard or seen made me skeptical.

chillv said:
Glaceon said:
Get MK7 and NSMB2.

Oh, did I mention that I'm very linient with the quality or problems of games to the point that I sometimes enjoy games that are looked at as mediocre or even crap. (For example: Sonic 06 is actually one of my favorite Sonic games)

In that case, you'll probably be like me and actually enjoy the game, so I say you should.

I own and like all four, so I'd say get them all.

Dream Team and Luigi's Mansion don't get a lot of mention.

Well, I forgot about that one.

Sticker Star is like $20 everywhere now. If you can get it for that price, I'd say it's worth it.

If you don't like permadeath, FE12 doesn't have that either~ and it's better than FE13
I'd say Mario Kart 7 is the best of the bunch. I never really liked tennis and the others are just bleh.

I'd get Kart 7 but Tennis Open is one of my least favorite 3DS games of those that I've played (which was disappointing since I liked the previous Tennis games). I haven't played the other two.

There's a big difference between a circle pad and a bunch of buttons, righty.

i wouldnt get any of them, then again ive never played them either.

Personally though they all look pretty shitty.

chillv said:
Dr. Javelin said:

Fire Emblem

Perma death? No. Even though there is a mode to turn that off in Awakening, it doesn't seem like a game that I will like that much.
that's what everyone thought, until they played fire emblem

trust me it's awesome

Dr. Javelin said:
chillv said:
Dr. Javelin said:

Fire Emblem

trust me it's awesome

plus its easy as balls.

The only way its hard is through dlc or lunatic.

Mario Kart 7 is really good IMO

I enjoy Mario Tennis Open.

NSMB2 is alright

Zae said:
Dr. Javelin said:
chillv said:
Dr. Javelin said:

Fire Emblem

trust me it's awesome

plus its easy as balls.

The only way its hard is through dlc or lunatic.
and even so just shut off the system if your character dies lol

Back