Wii U not updating [CLOSE]

NEXandGBX

One Tough Cream Puff
Pronouns
He/Him
MarioWiki
NEXandGBX
So, I was playing my Wii U (My gamepad suddenly started working, it stopped working a while ago), and after I heard of the system update, I was going to update, but it just stays on a searching for updates-like screen. Any known way to fix this? I'll edit it with more detail if I can.

Edit: It just took a matter of time to fix both

Re: Wii U not updating

Perhaps it's an internet speed problem. How long have you let it sit there?

Mr. Grumpy said:
Perhaps it's an internet speed problem. How long have you let it sit there?
30 minutes is the most so far

nintendo wrote up a brand new network services agreement that you have to agree to before online services can be used

so, if you log into the wii u, your icon should be orange

click your icon, and follow the instructions they give you

then, you should be able to download the update

Vince McMahon said:
nintendo wrote up a brand new network services agreement that you have to agree to before online services can be used

so, if you log into the wii u, your icon should be orange

click your icon, and follow the instructions they give you

then, you should be able to download the update
Already did that, still didn't work

ジュゲムザクイック said:
Is the GamePad charged? Because this update also updates the GamePad's firmware.
Yeah, it was fully charged when I did it this morning

ジュゲムザクイック said:
Hmm, well, have you tried rebooting? Manual update? Etc?

Throwing out things now.
Rebooting, yes I tried
Manual Updates is what i've been doing (The download doesn't start on download management)

My Wii U has updated well in the past, so it's probably not my internet (I even tried unpluging and repluging the router, it still didn't work)

It's okay.
Maybe I should call up tech support?
Oh, and, I just found out that the Eshop also doesn't work, and my Wii Remotes can't seem to sync either.

Wii Remote not syncing

Finally got it to work... It just was at random <_> The eshop works as normal too, but my wii remote will still not sync. I've tried everything, switching the battery, switching the controller, syncing in all of the ways I can... but they don't work. What's weird, is that they still work on my wii. Does it have some kind of destiny bond? Help me...

Unplug your Wii and Wii U for 5 min and leave your Wii unplugged and plug your Wii U and sync your Wii remote

Ness said:
Unplug your Wii and Wii U for 5 min and leave your Wii unplugged and plug your Wii U and sync your Wii remote
Didn't appear to work.

did you go directly into the system settings (the wrench icon) and download the update from there?

Yeah, I use it. I use it on both my remote and console

Yeah, it isn't paired on my wii u, but It isn't paired because I can't pair it, wii unplugged or not. It just seems to always be connected to the wii. Do I have to buy a new wii remote? Or is there some other way?

UNPLUG your Wii and try other Wii remote if it doesn't work

Did you hack your Wii?

Already tried unplugging, and my wii is not hacked

Back