Being a newbie.

I was amazed To see how this post grew so fast! When it first started, I tried to reply ASAP and every time i tried posting, It always said: "

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted". (and RIGHT after i typed this, I got an email that someone replied! :eek:)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have really enjoyed talking with you guys! This really gave me a head start on the board, it definitely helped me to get to know you better! ;D

DragonFreak said:
Wait, did you turn notify on? I did that once, the amount of email I got were so annoying.

Well, Speaking that I am immediatly responding/ viewing to messages, Yah. :P Though, since I receive my messages instantly, And the topic's traffic is moderate, It's not as annoying as seeing a bajilion messages at once in your mail box. I find it convienent to respond quickly! :D

DragonFreak said:
Just warning you, do not turn notifications on for everything. You only make that mistake twice.

Denfinatly. I will most likely turn the emails off for when this topic is forgotten. :rolleyes:

...but if it's forgotten, nobody will be posting and you won't get any emails. So would there be a reason to turn notify off for a topic that's died?

I used the notify option once on a different forum. NEVER AGAIN.

Crackin355 said:
...but if it's forgotten, nobody will be posting and you won't get any emails. So would there be a reason to turn notify off for a topic that's died?

I used the notify option once on a different forum. NEVER AGAIN.
Yah. I guess your right. So far this is the only topic I have let my emails notify to, except for a few others that are inactive. :P Though I should probably let emails only go to topics that i'm really digging into. otherwise I'm going to have a big inbox. (My inbox is pretty clean.)

I can only see the notify feature being useful for Mafia games. Otherwise, the updated topics page is the only 'notify' I need.

Crackin355 said:
I can only see the notify feature being useful for Mafia games.

If you don't mind your inbox skyrocketing of course.

PrincessOfPeaches said:
I still a newbie. I don't even know how to turn the notify option on.

At the top or the bottom of the page where you reply, There should be a button close to the reply button That says notify. Click on that, and you'll be receiving email notifications in no time. :D

Back