Super Mario 3D Land 2 (Tenitive)

U freak

Munch, Munch!
A while back in an interview with the lead creator of SMG/SM3DL, the question of there ever being a sequal to SM3DL came up. The possibility of a sequal has never been ruled out from there response.

Would you people want a sequal to Super Mario 3d Land on 3DS?

Super Mario 3D world doesn't count, that's gonna be for consoles.

No, I don't want a sequel. I want something original. Or even a Super Mario Sunshine remake.

Mario Party X said:
No, I don't want a sequel. I want something original. Or even a Super Mario Sunshine remake.

Yes, this would be great as well. I just thought 3d land a good game on 3ds and wanted to see a sequal before they phase out the 3ds and move on to there next handheld.

I don't know. I think we're getting way too much "Point A to Point B" Mario platformers recently. It's getting stale quickly.

85 said:
Mario Party X said:
No, I don't want a sequel.

Mario Party X said:
Or even a Super Mario Sunshine remake.

No one likes a hypocrite.

Well, I'm pretty sure that asking for SMS to be made for the Wii U is basically just a port, not a sequel.

Plus, I do believe that Super Mario Sunshine could use the port, and fix the goddamn camera. Plus, just like the bloom in WWHD, I'm pretty sure that the textures of SMS would just instantly be so much more lively with that bloom effect as well.

really all i want is some explorative 3d platformer like sm64 or sms.

While i do love sm3dl quite a bit, id rather have something more, bigger, from it.

I kinda miss the days when mario 3d platformers were big and open, so yeah.

I'm still hoping for ACTUAL WORLDS (like Spyro!) and not just random platforms floating in the air, and characters you can actually interact with.

Solar Blaze said:
Dimitri said:
Super Mario 3D world doesn't count, that's gonna be for consoles.
I don't see how that doesn't make it a sequel.
Well, the direct follow-up to New Super Mario Bros. was New Super Mario Bros. 2, both on the handheld. And then the home console games Wii and U were held in their own regard.

Is it confirmed that it could be for the next generation or immediately for 3DS?

Hate it or not, we've been doubting that there are too many recent Super Mario titles but few for other series (DK/Wario). And it should be time for a new 3D theme before that.

Suppose that we love 3D Land, if they want to play the same thing that NSMB handheld/home console games did (a counterpart to "NSMB2"), it won't be an outstanding sequel.

Back