Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban series (includes Apollo Justice as well)

I hope that Gyakuten Saiban 1 2 3 is released in America, it would be my one way ticket to getting into the series.

Glaceon said:
Uzu Sanageyama said:
let's see ami fey as granddaddy phoenix's assistant

I may be jumping the gun when I say this, but I think that's practically a given at this point if you assume that second character in the trailer was the assistant because just looking at her reeks of spirit medium, and even if she doesn't look like one of the past mediums in terms of outfit, they may have changed in fashion appearance over time.

How old is the Fey line anyway? According to Wikipedia, this time period is 1868 - 1912, and seems to be the beginnings of modern Japan. It's not exactly ancient or anything. I'm not sure how many generations back Ami is but the whole Spirit Medium thing sounds like something from ancient times so I feel like she'd be a little too far back. Also, iirc, Misty Fey was the 'first' spirit medium that helped investigate a murder, so it would seem to me that the assistant would need to be a fairly far back ancestor of her (maybe grandmother or great grandmother) for the simple reason that people would have forgotten about it (and also the time period).

chillv said:
I hope that Gyakuten Saiban 1 2 3 is released in America, it would be my one way ticket to getting into the series.
They already are.

As "ace attorney"

unless you mean for 3ds

I beat it within a week or so (I think it's a given that I would playtons of it in single sittings), it was pretty great, and by pretty great, I mean the wrightest purchase I have ever made in a good, long time and I am lukey to have been able to play it. Mayanother product of such high quality surface in my lifetime, I hope. :dk:

Seriously, though, how the different gameplay blends together and plays is so well done I'd eat it if I could, not even joking.

My only problem is that extra content though; it feels like they're detracting from what is already an outstanding product for no good reason. The references and reunions are nice and all, but it's just painfully cheesy and again, detracts from the original product's quality IMO.

It's apparently coming here now. Personally, I don't really care for this since I've played all three already, but it's still pretty cool.

Alright so I just started this series but it's pretty great so far. Phoenix is a really funny protagonist and he's got a surprising amount of sarcastic wit which plays perfectly off Maya's (and pretty much everyone else's) silliness.

I've only done the first three trials in the first game, so I won't judge entirely yet, but it seems really great.

Oh wow, there's a thread for this.

I am on Day 2 of the fifth trail (prolly should update my backloggery). I said in other Threads that I already love this game and series. I love the detective work in it, as I did not expect it to have it, which is a pleasant surprise. Also the detective work is probably harder than the actual court part mostly because you have to do specific actions to advance, and they are sometimes less obvious than actions in court.

still need to play the second and third titles, so I'm waiting for AA trilogy because I really want them remastered on a handheld (and my phone is shit)

Man, I can't wait for PLvAA to come out in America. So much waiting...

Also, can everyone keep AA5 spoilers in the spoiler tag for now, please? I know the game's been out for awhile, but because of that stupid M rating I can't download the game.

so!! dual destinies has been released on ios (you can get all of the cases for $15, i think). still no word on apollo justice though

i'm going to download it but i'm not going to play it until i leave for vacation next week. the wait will kill me

The worst part is that playing DD first is going to spoil the crap out of AJ.

I feel so bad for AJ. It's my favourite game, and a lot of other people like it to, but it just gets pushed aside because OH NO DOESN'T STAR PHOENIX.

Rip, Apollo/Trucy/Klavier/Ema/HoboPhoenix, best planeteers eva.

i really liked apollo justice too. i don't think it was better than aa1 or aa3, but that's only because those games are very good.

No-Face said:
i really liked apollo justice too. i don't think it was better than aa1 or aa3, but that's only because those games are very good.
This is my view too
1, 3 and 5 are all better than AJ imo, but I still prefer to to JFA.

I thought 5 was the weakest in the series. It was still good but felt a little too streamlined compared to the other games. Having that freedom to examine and figure out where to go when I'm lost on my own was one of my favourite parts of the investigation sequences. They made sure you couldn't get lost and made sure you only examined (mostly) the important things.

I loved 5 tho, that hurts ma feelings a little
Like it had some fabby new characters (S I M O N), and a consistent set of cases, as even 5-2, the 'filler' case was strong, I think both 5 and AJ get way too much hate while JFA gets not enough.
Don't get me started on why I think JFA was the worst game in the series.

JFA gets plenty of hate for all the right reasons (ie: it sucks); AJ gets hate because it's really polarising.

I do want to know why so many people apparently hate Turnabout Serenade, though. I swear it's my favourite non-'final' case in the whole series and was wetting myself from start to finish.
DID YOU ALL MISS THE POLICE REFERENCES?
DID YOU MISS THE BEATLES REFERENCES?
Klavier stops being a Mary Sue.
Ema calls Klavier a diva.
Ema and Apollo in the courtroom with Snackoos and such.
Ema.
Etc.
How can the world be so cruel?

I don't find PW3 as good as everybody says, for a couple of reasons:
I found the Mia and Diego relationship really contrived and cliche. Reeeeaaaaally have a hard time understanding why everyone praises it.
I don't really like Godot at all, but eh, different stroke.
Luke. Fucking. Atmey.
I mean, it's good and probably my favourite of the original trilogy, but it has its problems.

As for PW1, I liked a lot of the stories (particularly 3-5), but it does suffer from being the 'first in the series' and not really having a lot of the polish of some of the later games.

I'm with Crackin on DD, they pretty much held your hand through the investigations, which made those sections pretty boring. Also someone spoilt the big bad for me made pretty much ruined the whole experience (though the character it ended up being was kinda dumb and left-of-field imo).

Back