SonicMario's SSB4 Roster Guess (UPDATE: Version 4.0 on Reply #29)

Re: SonicMario's SSB4 Roster Guess (UPDATE: Version 3.5 on Reply #25)

Anna said:
Do you plan to update this soon?

Not trying to be like "update", but you keep such a nice and clean list...

I started working sometime after Lucario was confirmed. Though got sidetracked long enough I decided to wait until the next Direct for the next update. But anyway here I am now ^^

Roster35_zps0853690e.png

Changes Made:

Zelda, King Dedede, Lucario, & Little Mac confirmed
Mewtwo is moved into the main square as an unconfirmed guess
Ganondorf & Ganon is a new Green bordered choice.

Since my last update we've had three veterans and one Newcomer confirmed. Zelda and King Dedede were no brainers. Little Mac arguably was one as well. But we finally have our first Pokemon reveal that many were hoping we'd get back in October before Sonic caught the Pokemon characters being "too slow" and got confirmed first. And it happened to be Lucario. The one character that was thought to have been put into the wayside much like how Pichu was in Melee. You should remember I had Lucario and Mewtwo in a green area. I've removed that. But as you can see, that doesn't mean I think Mewtwo isn't going to make it into the roster. On the contrary, Lucario being in the game gives more reason for Mewtwo to return. So there can be a bit of an unofficial rivalry between the two characters. So Mewtwo has been moved into the square as a still yet unconfirmed character much like the unconfirmed veterans and Newcomer guesses like Shulk, Chibi-Robo, and Miis

On another note though. I have a new green bordered duo to replace Lucario and Mewtwo. Though strangely enough, both characters are technically the same entity. There's good ol' Ganondorf that's been here since Melee and probably coming back in one shape or another. Right next to him in fact, is his original pig-like appearance from the Original Legend of Zelda. It seems obvious to me, that if Legend of Zelda is getting any kind of Newcomer. It's going to be a separate rendition of the Triforce 3. This is kinda obvious in how Toon Link managed to make it in while popular one-time characters like Skull Kid are Assist Trophies. And how Toon Zelda was one of the forbidden 7 in Brawl. Though I'm going to a bit unorthodox and go with an alternate form of Ganondorf instead. Whether they're two completely separate characters like Toon Link or Link, or it's a transformation in the style of Zero Suit Samus or Shiek. I think bringing the original Ganon has potential to be a solid move for the Zelda representation in SSB4. I believe the original Ganon even had a role in A Link Between Worlds, a recent 3DS game. So it's not entirely farfetched that they'd look to the first incarnation of Ganon we ever saw for a fantastic new rep for the Zelda series. It isn't Skull Kid, Impa, or Ghirahim. But for some, this is the true Ganon, And it would be a welcome addition to Smash Bros. roster.

There is one character missing. Captain Falcon (though I suppose he may not be in the game).

Yoshi 2.0 said:
There is one character missing. Captain Falcon (though I suppose he may not be in the game).

Uh I do have Captain Falcon in my roster. He's below Toon Link, to the right of Wario, and above Mega Man

Post-Direct update!

LUScZfs.png

CHARACTERS CONFIRMED + ADDITIONS

Shiek (As a separate character)
Zero Suit Samus (As a separate character)
Yoshi
Charizard (As it's own character)
Greninja

UNCONFIRMED ADDITIONS

Palutena
Robin

CHARACTERS REMOVED

Pokemon Trainer (As a result of Charizard being alone)
Shulk (To make room)
Chibi-Robo (To make room)
Mach Rider (Always saw Takumaru as the much more likely of the two anyway)
Classic Ganon (Transformations are now seperate characters. And unless they surprise me with giving six reps to Zelda. Then I'm afraid Classic Ganon just didn't cut it)

Quite a bit different now isn't it? I'm going to detail it a little differently this time. Go on something on each column of the main Roster square. From Left to Right.

The first two on the left are completely unchanged. Nothing has made me believe there's going to be another Marioverse character other then in the DK series possibly and Snake and Pac-Man are still contending for that potential 3rd 3rd party spot. And the Miis are still very much alive. Maybe some of you may think, or even hope, that the appearance of a Mii in the Find Mii stage that we saw in the SSB direct is enough to prove they're not playable. But it isn't, because of the Toon Link/Alfonzo thing we saw. Plus unless they hadn't programmed the Miis at the time they made the pic, there was a pic of the cage with absolutely no Mii inside it. And even if that's not enough, Tomodachi Life is an upcoming game starring the Miis that is getting a Western Release not long before E3. Meaning Miis are a very possible reveal close to or even at E3 itself.

In the Zelda series + Mega Man column, Shiek is confirmed a separate character now. And Ganondorf is back in the square as transforming is no longer an option. If Link, Zelda, Shiek, and Toon Link are all back in the forms of the previous game. I don't see why they would dramatically change Ganondorf either. So as much as I entertained myself with the possibility for a little bit. Classic Ganon is out.

In the Metroid + Retro slot. Zero Suit Samus is now a separate character just like Shiek. But otherwise no change.

In the Masahiro Sakurai column (Hehe get it because of Kirby & Kid Icarus Uprising hehe) the only change is the addition of Palutena. Even with the apparent leak that still hasn't been totally disproven, I wasn't so sure she was going to appear quite yet. But there's quite a few things in the direct that really clued us in. Pit had a different Final Smash, they even faked us out with a Pseudo Palutena trophy, and although to a lesser extent. Palutena's Temple being a stage on the Wii U version might also count.

No changes in the Star Fox plus individual franchise section.

However in the Pokemon section this has the most change. With Charizard as a separate character, I believe Ivysaur, Squirtle are cut and the Pokemon Trainer himself is no more. This was a cut I did not see coming. But understand why this happened. The fact Zero Suit Samus & Shiek are separate characters now make it obvious why this was done. The 3DS had a hard time with transforming characters. And Ivysaur and Squirtle don't have the same exact popularity as Charizard did. Most people played Pokemon Trainer for Charizard, so now they're just narrowing it down to Charizard. However this even isn't the biggest shake-up. The other one was from Greninja. A pokemon that literally did not have one square and I had to wait until the next time to get online just to get the roster square for him to add. Yeah you know it came as a shock when my roster maker. Which includes obscure characters from most of the already known franchises and even tons of 4TH PARTY CHARACTERS did not have a single Greninja square (And before you ask, yes it did have Gen Six stuff in it. Like the Trainer from the game) In Brawl, Pokemon had 5 spots on the roster screen. Which not counting the subseries. Was still more spot on the roster menu then either Mario or Zelda. So now we have 4 Pokemon spots confirmed already. Is there only room for one more? Are Mewtwo and Jigglypuff going to be fighting for that final spot? It really depends. It depends on what Sakurai defines Brawl's roster. It looks like from the roster there's only 5 characters from Brawl. But if you count Pokemon Trainer's 3 pokemon as their own characters, suddenly you have six. Meaning if Sakurai believes the Pokemon franchise had six characters in Brawl. Suddenly there is room for both Jigglypuff and Mewtwo. But there's still plenty of uncertainty here as nothing exactly is confirmed here. So Jigglypuff & Mewtwo are in the same situation as Falco & Wolf are now. Two characters that have been in a previous Smash Bros. game. One of which more then one. We are practically guaranteed at least one of these two. And only time will tell if there's a possibility of getting both. My initial thoughts were that Jigglypuff and Mewtwo might of been in direct conflict with each other like Dixie & K. Rool or Snake & Pac-Man might be. But I gave myself time to think about it. And there is a chance that Jigglypuff and Mewtwo both make it in even with Greninja's surprise inclusion. But uncertainty still exists, and there will be debates on if Jigglypuff and Mewtwo are competing for the final Pokemon spot. Meaning those on the Jigglypuff side will keep pulling out seniority, the original 12 immortality debate, and even the addition of Fairy typing to Jigglypuff's reasons to return. While those on the Mewtwo side will want to point out that Mewtwo is the most wanted veteran back, his popularity is much larger then Jigglypuff's worldwide, and Lucario & Charizard have popular Mega evolutions when Mewtwo also has a Mega Evolution that was advertised. Just when we thought the Pokemon representation fights have settled with Brawl Veterans + Mewtwo, Pokemon has become a huge roster debate once again,

Lastly the only change on the furthest right is that there's a new challenger for one of the 3 Fire Emblem spots. And that's Robin, the Avatar character from Awakening. I mostly considered Chrom since he fit the bill with Ike and Marth as the blue-haired sword guy that's one of the big stars of their game. But there's been some challenge to this recently in the form of Robin. As a big challenge to Chrom is that hey may be too similar to Ike and Marth in terms of designs, that Sakurai might do something new for a change. Robin is an option now because not only are Avatar characters allowed now with the likes of Villager, and the seemingly inevitable Mii, but you can have the Male and Female option like with the Wii Fit Trainer also with Robin. Only 1-2 out of these 3 I think will make it into the game.

Every other change is a tad minor. Yoshi is confirmed now. Not there was any doubt he'd return. I've removed Shulk, and Chibi-Robo because the potential roster size was getting big enough. The maximum amount of characters possible in my roster now reaches 49.

I don't think Robin will get in and he/she would be an interesting addition if they did though.

Back